Fire

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Fire

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

We just found out theres a fire about a 25 min drive away from here. It would take awhile to get here, but the wind is blowing pretty hard so it would burn faster. My dad is getting ready for if or when the fire reaches here and we would have to evacuate, telling us to pack up stuff and doing stuff outside. Hes in a bad mood because of it so i cant ask him anything, My Nana is going back and forth from being upset and calm, and my papa is just worried about his medicine, I don't know what to feel, im sorta in disbelief, and don't know what to pack, im actually more worried about all the wild animals and what they would do.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Re: Fire

Post by phyco126 »

Don't worry about the wild animals, they use their instincts to survive. I hope everything is okay and that the fire misses you completely. Keep us informed and remember, be safe!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Thanks. They're water bombing the fire now, and we cant see any smoke or anything yet, even people who live up the mountain cant see any smoke. My dad has a bunch of scenarios though up of how to get away from the fire.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

That's terrible! Please try to be safe and as phyco said, hopefully the fire misses you guys. Hopefully you guys won't have to go anywhere at all.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Hope they get it contained before it does any more damage. :/

And phyco, they may have a sixth sense to get out of the way, but they don't always make it.
-G1

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Since we Americans tend to cut down most trees, this isn't a big issue in the states.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

We get alot of fires in B.C, theres 3 other fires i know of thats going on right now, but there at least 2 hours away. There hasn't been one in this area for awhile, and the area i live in is pretty much a small community in a forest.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

GhaleonOne wrote:And phyco, they may have a sixth sense to get out of the way, but they don't always make it.
Which is unfortunate, sure. However, its just the nature of the world, unfair as it may be.
Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:Since we Americans tend to cut down most trees, this isn't a big issue in the states.
Unless you live in California, but I suppose they don't count. ;)

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

phyco126 wrote:Unless you live in California, but I suppose they don't count. ;)
Hey! :-P
-Nobi

Blue_Sycro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Blue_Sycro »

Haha, I see how it is Phyco :P

I live in Southern California so I'm very familiar with fires effing everything up, and I have had to evacuate before (fortunately none of the houses I've lived in have actually been burned or anything). Stay safe, Kaiya-Sky.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

I'm going to take offense to the California comment. :wink:

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Kaiya-Sky wrote:They're water bombing the fire now...
Almost forgot about this comment. As serious as the situation is, whenever I hear that, I just start laughing. See, in my head I see hundreds of B-17s carpet bombing the forests with water balloons.... Then I picture F-16s launching missles with water balloons for warheads straight into the trees. Then followed by military helicopters like that famous Apocolypse Now clip firing water missles and water bullets.
Monde Luna wrote:I'm going to take offense to the California comment. :wink:
Blue_Sycro wrote:Haha, I see how it is Phyco :P
Nobiyuki77 wrote:Hey! :-P
:P Sorry, I just couldn't resist!

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

phyco126 wrote: Almost forgot about this comment. As serious as the situation is, whenever I hear that, I just start laughing. See, in my head I see hundreds of B-17s carpet bombing the forests with water balloons.... Then I picture F-16s launching missles with water balloons for warheads straight into the trees. Then followed by military helicopters like that famous Apocolypse Now clip firing water missles and water bullets.
Thats great, now im going to start thinking that when ever i hear that they're bombing.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

We haven't herd any news about the fire lately so either its well under control out out , what ever the situation is i think were safe.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Kaiya-Sky wrote:We haven't herd any news about the fire lately so either its well under control out out , what ever the situation is i think were safe.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

I'm going to have to send all you LA sunshiners some hotdogs and marshmallows.

They've got chocolate and peanut butter marshmallows now, so cash.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.