Charlie Davies / Major Car Crash in DC...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Charlie Davies / Major Car Crash in DC...

Post by GhaleonOne »

Most people probably won't care as much about this as I do, but Kiz and others in the DC have undoubtable heard about it:

http://www.matchfitusa.com/2009/10/davi ... ident.html

Basically, Charlie Davies, the current best striker the US Mens National Soccer team has was in a major car accident in the DC area at around 3 AM this morning. One person in the crash died. The driver and Charlie Davies were taken in very bad shape to the hospital. Don't know much about the driver, but Davies required 5 hours of surgery and apparently has some major breakage of bone in his leg, along with internal injuries and more. It's looking like 6-12 months of recovery plus rehab. This means almost no chance at him being at the World Cup next June. That's horrible because he was breaking in BIG over the past year. But I know it's affecting the soccer community a great deal. Regardless, soccer aside (which isn't even important in the grand scheme of what happened), the girl in the car was killed, which really sucks. Especially since most think alcohol was involved considering it was 3AM and there was a curfew (the US plays tomorrow night in the final qualifier, though we officially qualified last Saturday).
-G1

Quark
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Charlie Davies / Major Car Crash in DC...

Post by Quark »

Wow. Messed up. I hadn't heard. I wonder how the States will perform without him. Of course that is the last thing to consider at this time.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Way to be an idiot him. That girl is dead and because he's a pro sportman her family will get no justice. After rehab, if he rehabs well, he'll walk away from this clean.

GG.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

You do realize he wasn't the driver, right Jenner? Only a passenger.

Plus, last I knew, alcohol hadn't even been confirmed, though at 3AM, there's a good chance of it.
-G1

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

GhaleonOne wrote:You do realize he wasn't the driver, right Jenner? Only a passenger.

Plus, last I knew, alcohol hadn't even been confirmed, though at 3AM, there's a good chance of it.
I guess there's a chance of alcohol being a factor, but I wouldn't be too quick to assume. I just got home at 3am and I don't have a drop of alcohol in my system. Sometimes accidents really do just happen, even horrible ones.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

GhaleonOne wrote:You do realize he wasn't the driver, right Jenner? Only a passenger.

If there was alcohol involved, it may be hushed. It doesn't matter who was driving. You're about to do a big game, you celebrate AFTER not before. Being caught drunk driving by cops may have gotten him taken out of the game anyway. If alcohol was involved they would have both been drunk. They may have been sober and the other driver drunk.

If they were drunk, however, then they are idiots.

Like I said, she's dead and it's because they were both hammered then -Fatal Hopper- him.

Otherwise, I do hope he gets well soon and that he can get over the anguish of the events.

I've got a naturally negative worldview though.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

ilovemyguitar wrote:I guess there's a chance of alcohol being a factor, but I wouldn't be too quick to assume. I just got home at 3am and I don't have a drop of alcohol in my system. Sometimes accidents really do just happen, even horrible ones.
Agreed, as I don't drink. Also, probably worth noting it was a single car crash. Not a two-car collision.

Oh, the car (or what was left of it) after the crash:

http://www.lunar-net.com/g1/cd-car.jpg

How anyone survived that is beyond me.

Oh, and Jenner, he was an idiot for being out after curfew regardless of alcohol being involved, but I still think you're being harsh to blame him for the girls death if he wasn't even driving. Alcohol or not. It's still stupid, but she would have obviously made the same decisions that the other two did.
-G1

PottleElf
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by PottleElf »

...I didn't hear anything about it. Then again I'm not very tuned into the local news...