Is anyone going to dress up for Halloween?

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Undine
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Is anyone going to dress up for Halloween?

Post by Undine »

I don't know what I'm going to be, but I know that I'll be raiding all the convenience stories the following day for candy markdowns.

My husband is going to be Zombie Billy Mays.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Is anyone going to dress up for Halloween?

Post by Ardent Fox »

Zombie Billy Mays..*Sniffle* It's just TOO SOON! WAHHHHH!

Seriously though. I have no idea what I'm going to be. I'll probably be a detective like usual when I have nothing else to dress up as.

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

So far, the weather forecast for my area has this Halloween to be fairly warm. Ima keep watching, because I was thinking of being Shawn from "Shawn of the Dead." 8-)
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

I'm not gonna dress up. But I have been playing with the neighbor kids. I showed them my carved pumpkin of DOMO-kun they seemed to enjoy that. Nobody else had any sort of decorations up yet. It's still early but I don't think anyone else is going to do anything.

It doesn't look like many people are going to be celebrating where I live. I know I'm not (moral objection). I haven't purchased candy yet but I might.

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

Aaron wrote: Nobody else had any sort of decorations up yet. It's still early but I don't think anyone else is going to do anything.

It doesn't look like many people are going to be celebrating where I live. I know I'm not (moral objection). I haven't purchased candy yet but I might.
I noticed the same as well over here in regards to not really celebrating it as much. Dont see any decorations to speak of and very little fanfare about it. I, however, dont care for Halloween too much so it isnt too much of a big deal but still.....

I wonder how it's gonna be around here for Christmas...
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I have a caveman costume I wore to a theme party this summer, and I may recycle that for Halloween, or I may go get something different. I guess we'll see. *shrug*

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

when I looked at this thread I was really expecting some sort of Lunar cosplay. I can't believe nobody is dressing up as a lunar character.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Out of pure fear that someone is going to say "So you're some kind of vagrant?" while I'm dressed as Alex, or someone mistaking me as a clown while dressed as Nash, or someone mistaking me for...well...another vagrant dressed as Kyle, no. If more people recognized the characters then I'd do it but naw, there's too much explaining to go behind a costume like that.

I now direct your attention to this hand bit of information here.

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

Ardent Fox wrote:Out of pure fear that someone is going to say "So you're some kind of vagrant?" while I'm dressed as Alex, or someone mistaking me as a clown while dressed as Nash, or someone mistaking me for...well...another vagrant dressed as Kyle, no. If more people recognized the characters then I'd do it but naw, there's too much explaining to go behind a costume like that.
I agree. Lunar is not as widely known as something like Final Fantasy so it would be too much explaining as to who you were dressed as. Besides, if you'd get the above reaction if you dressed as Alex or Kyle....what if you decided to dress up as Nall...or Ruby...hell, even Borgan?
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Nall or Ruby... Depending on how subculture-savy your friends/fellow party-goers are, you might get asked if your costume is for furmeets. ^_^

Generally I think Halloween costumes should have a low barrier for understanding, and that counts out most cosplay. Yet, I'm entertaining putting together a Polysics costume. My close friends will get it at least... :roll: Then again, I'm already paying for a rennaisance costume rental for this weekend, and I probably shouldn't spend more money on that sort of thing this year.
「まあいいけど。」

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I'm not, I don't have any costumes or any ideas what I can even be. I'll likely stay home and hand out 10 bags worth of chocolate candy bars. Snickers, Almond Joys, Butterfingers, Twix.... the list goes on!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

I live in a small community where we dont even get tricker treaters and im probably not going to be able to get away, so sadly im not dressing up. I wanted to this year, but hopefully next year i'll be able too

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

phyco126 wrote:I'm not, I don't have any costumes or any ideas what I can even be. I'll likely stay home and hand out 10 bags worth of chocolate candy bars. Snickers, Almond Joys, Butterfingers, Twix.... the list goes on!
Wow, I wish more people did that when I trick-or-treated...

Strange, Halloween doesn't seem to be as much of the big deal it was last year.
Last edited by Aquaignis on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Halloween itself just doesn't seem like that big of a deal. It used to be a really fun holiday when I was a kid, and I still think it's a really fun holiday, but what seems to ruin it for a lot of people is that they don't get into the spirit anymore. People have become so paranoid over the child molester down the street or the guy who's kind of odd that doesn't wash his hair or talk to anyone who works nights.

A lot of the Halloween spirit has gone because of paranoia.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I hand out lots of chocolate specifically because I remember how it was when I went trick or treating. Cheap hardcandy thats ten years old is a big no-no people!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Um, I'm dressing up as a burrito and going to Chipotle for sure. You get a free burrito for doing so. (and wrapping tin foil around your finger is good enough to be considered dressed up)
-G1

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

When you go to Chipotle don't forget your Chipotlaway

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Dude, have you ever had Chipotle? It's really good...

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

Yes Chipotle is good. But I guess nobody watches Southpark...also click on the word Chipotlaway

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

I was referencing what Cartman said at the end of the clip.