Valentines Day.

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Valentines Day.

Post by Kizyr »

phyco126 wrote:I'm not going to lie, I've done the creepy thing before. Thats where some of the naivety comes in. Oh, and I learned NOT to listen to friends, because if you don't know what to say, and they tell you what to say, chances are, its going to be something you sure as hell NEVER say to someone, EVER.
...maybe you need to find some friends with better advice. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Vyse of Arcadia wrote: Apple once sent me some spam to the effect that a laptop would make the perfect Valentine's gift. I can imagine how that went over. "Here, have this ridiculously expensive thing that encourages us to spend less time together!"
get them a copy of world or warcraft along with that laptop and you'll be together forever

Old_School
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Old_School »

I don't really make a big deal out of V-day. To me, it's just another cash-in holiday for the big companies. It reminds me of an old gf who complained I didn't spend enough on her presents. After I finally got enough common sense to dump her, she made on-and-off attempts to contact me for a year afterward. :lol:

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Kizyr wrote:
phyco126 wrote:I'm not going to lie, I've done the creepy thing before. Thats where some of the naivety comes in. Oh, and I learned NOT to listen to friends, because if you don't know what to say, and they tell you what to say, chances are, its going to be something you sure as hell NEVER say to someone, EVER.
...maybe you need to find some friends with better advice. KF
Yeah, I have a very limited amount of friends, and those that do know what they are talking about or aren't considerably evil typically just keep their mouths shut. I think its like a game, who can watch Phyco126 go insane when asking what to do, what to say, what not to do or say, etc...

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

phyco126 wrote:Yeah, I have a very limited amount of friends, and those that do know what they are talking about or aren't considerably evil typically just keep their mouths shut. I think its like a game, who can watch Phyco126 go insane when asking what to do, what to say, what not to do or say, etc...
Sort of like when exigence asked me for phrases to say in Japanese to a girl he was trying to pick up?

Ahh... good times.

But yeah, if you do want any advice, I mean, some folks on this board should be ok at pointing you in the right non-creepy directions. You can always run stuff by us to make sure. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

BattleMedic
Student of Vane

Post by BattleMedic »

http://www.cracked.com/photoshop_53_if- ... ruth_p15#5

Warning: Most likely to offend/some vular
To have no fear, you must know fear.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

BattleMedic wrote:http://www.cracked.com/photoshop_53_if- ... ruth_p15#5

Warning: Most likely to offend/some vular
ROTFLMAO that had some of the funniest cards I have read in a long time. =)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I love cracked magazine, haha!

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

I have a friend who intentionally buys cards for the wrong occasion, or wrong type of person and crosses things out to write over them like that last one. It's hilarious when a (particularly macho) guy who's almost 30 gets a personalized card that was intended for a 10 year old girl and it reads something like this:

Cover (has ponies and rainbows):
To a special girl boy!

Inside:
Happy 10th 28th birthday!

It's a fun game and makes the card selection much more entertaining.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Happy Singles Awareness Day everyone! I shall celebrate my singleness with videogames, Japanese study, and whatever else happens to cross my mind while I'm not enjoying a night out on the town. :-P
-Nobi

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

In the same boat as phyco and Nobiyuki, especially in the "it'll never happen" thinking.

Very introverted, and I don't open up very much until I feel very comfortable with the person. Additionally, I've been backstabbed by 4 people I considered to be very close friends, so now it's even harder for me develop relationships with anyone, let alone romantic relationships.

Ah, such is life I suppose. I guess this is why they invented alcohol :P

Also, Hallmark should really capitalize on "Single Awareness Day" in addition to Valentines Day, for a line of "Cheer Up!" cards or something, they'll be swimming in early-year earnings. :P

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Singles Awareness Day... haha, I always new February 14th to be S.A.D.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

phyco126 wrote:Singles Awareness Day... haha, I always new February 14th to be S.A.D.
:lol: :lol: :lol: That just made my day! ... sort of. >> :-P
-Nobi

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

fates wrote: Ah, such is life I suppose. I guess this is why they invented alcohol :P
I hear ya, even if you have someone a drink doesn't hurt. XD

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, I've got a fridge full of beer, but as previously said, work is totally getting in the way.

To be honest though, its not so bad right now. I'm just wanting to use it more of an excuse to drink than anything. =P

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

*absconds with Lucia for the day*
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

I cant legally drink for another 7 months, so I'm going to drown my self in some chocolaty goodness, i just made a batch of brownies from scratch~

Happy Single Awareness Day everyone!

I'm probably going to be sitting here eating my brownies and watching Dead Like Me all day

Also Happy Chinese/Lunar new year~

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

I hung out here (my gf works) and watched TV (saw this survival story about a couple and their son lost in the snow... God, I can't imagine dragging your son in a bag with blankets, zipped up, wondering whether hes gonna live or not-- that is just terrifying). We're going to have red wine stew for dinner (she's an awesome cook) and go to the movies Tuesday.

It's a shame, it's so nice outside (68 degrees) and we can't enjoy it and we have to be away from eachother ;( We have college classes tomorrow and its dropping to the 30s. Argh XD

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I made brownies for my siblings, got off work early tonight, and am curled up with my puppy dog watching the Olympics! It's been a pretty awesome Valentine's Day for me! :lol:
(Actually I'm just too afraid to text my crush & wish him a happy heart day... e_e)
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

LuNaRtIc wrote:I made brownies for my siblings, got off work early tonight, and am curled up with my puppy dog watching the Olympics! It's been a pretty awesome Valentine's Day for me! :lol:
(Actually I'm just too afraid to text my crush & wish him a happy heart day... e_e)
Kizyr's response to this: "I didn't know she had my number." -.-

You should get on AIM, I'll be your Valentine, Shannon.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.