Bored and Lonely.

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Bored and Lonely.

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Vyse of Arcadia wrote:Asking a girl out tomorrow morning over coffee. Maybe I won't be lonely this time tomorrow! Or I'll be lonelier.
Go get her tiger!! >:3 Best of luck!
I hate it when I'm not at work, because then I start to miss the boss boy. ;~; I'm so lame.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Hrm. I wasn't exactly shot down, but I wasn't exactly accepted either. Apparently she feels like she needs to be single right now (just got out of a series of failed relationships,) but she does feel a strong connection with me. Kind of a "let's continue to hang out and probably something will happen eventually" thing.

I don't mind being left hanging so much. I don't have a lot of other prospects anyway.

chiiruchan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by chiiruchan »

Now I am bored and loney. T_T Why is nobody on LunarThreads today!?

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

i've been bored and loney and tired for 2 days. I've been waiting for this person i really want to talk, to come online for almost 3 days now....

chiiruchan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by chiiruchan »

:( Man. Cleaning your room really SUCKS!! :| I'd rather be surfing the net. :lol:

Sometimes I'm missing online.... but I just forgot to turn off invisible...

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I've been rather busy. First week of school.
I've been waiting for this person i really want to talk, to come online for almost 3 days now....
I know how that goes. Is it an internet friend, or someone you know from around?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Sonic# wrote:
I know how that goes. Is it an internet friend, or someone you know from around?
He's my cousin's room mate, he came for a visit with my cousin the other week and we've been talking online since.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Vyse of Arcadia wrote:Hrm. I wasn't exactly shot down, but I wasn't exactly accepted either. Apparently she feels like she needs to be single right now (just got out of a series of failed relationships,) but she does feel a strong connection with me. Kind of a "let's continue to hang out and probably something will happen eventually" thing.

I don't mind being left hanging so much. I don't have a lot of other prospects anyway.
Been there, done that (rather recently I might add). It sucks, but just gotta keep going and hope for the best, but prepare to accept the worst.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

phyco126 wrote:
Vyse of Arcadia wrote:Hrm. I wasn't exactly shot down, but I wasn't exactly accepted either. Apparently she feels like she needs to be single right now (just got out of a series of failed relationships,) but she does feel a strong connection with me. Kind of a "let's continue to hang out and probably something will happen eventually" thing.

Been there, done that (rather recently I might add). It sucks, but just gotta keep going and hope for the best, but prepare to accept the worst.
In this case "the worse" is having a totally awesome close friend who happens to be of the opposite sex. I'm not completely head over heels for this girl or anything. I could see myself that way if we start dating (the best,) but I can put my emotions on hold until then.

And considering how much time we spend together, it doesn't even suck all that much.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

He's my cousin's room mate, he came for a visit with my cousin the other week and we've been talking online since.
Yeah. It sounds both long-distance and still sort of tentative then. :/ Sometimes that works, sometimes that doesn't.

In that situation, my response is normally to send e-mails every few days if I don't see them online, touching base. "This really cool thing happened to me," or "I saw this and thought of you." When I got to my most closeted during high school and parts of college, thinking, "I can tell X about this," was enough to get out and experience life. That way, I wasless bored, and at least communicating some.
In this case "the worse" is having a totally awesome close friend who happens to be of the opposite sex. I'm not completely head over heels for this girl or anything. I could see myself that way if we start dating (the best,) but I can put my emotions on hold until then.
In my internal, grandiose self-narrative, I've often fancied myself as a Cyrano figure, one who is content with the solace of feminine friendship. I level this as a criticism against my own behavior as well as yours - seeing that as a compromise has always struck me as a hypocritical statement. It's not hypocritical to be content as friends but leave the possibility of something more open. Or, even being disappointed at times that nothing has happened, that's understandable. But to call it the worse option because something could happen but hasn't... to me, that cheapens the present relationship and glorifies the romantic relationship that, for some reason or another, hasn't happened.

All that said, I do sympathize with you and phyco. Whether they're unwilling to have a relationship, or you're not ready to risk acting towards one, or whatever... it's not always easy having affection for someone without it being returned. But I try not to make friendship into an exile.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Sonic# wrote:
In my internal, grandiose self-narrative, I've often fancied myself as a Cyrano figure, one who is content with the solace of feminine friendship. I level this as a criticism against my own behavior as well as yours - seeing that as a compromise has always struck me as a hypocritical statement. It's not hypocritical to be content as friends but leave the possibility of something more open. Or, even being disappointed at times that nothing has happened, that's understandable. But to call it the worse option because something could happen but hasn't... to me, that cheapens the present relationship and glorifies the romantic relationship that, for some reason or another, hasn't happened.

All that said, I do sympathize with you and phyco. Whether they're unwilling to have a relationship, or you're not ready to risk acting towards one, or whatever... it's not always easy having affection for someone without it being returned. But I try not to make friendship into an exile.
That's the reason "the worst" was in quotes like it was. I don't see having her as a friend as any sort of compromise at all, and I should have made that clearer. I speak very literally (occupational hazard,) so when I said, "I don't mind being left hanging so much," I really just meant that I don't mind with no further connotations. I sometimes forget that everyone I talk to isn't also a mathematician. If anything, that particular post sounded down because I was afraid things would be all awkward with her and that I had screwed up a friendship. Happily not the case!

I wouldn't say I'm exactly content (for strict definitions of content) as just her friend, if only for the human tendency to want more than one has, but I'm not discontented either. I would like to be more than friends with her, but I genuinely treasure our friendship regardless of hypothetical romance.

In my relatively short life, I've seen altogether too many friendships ended by petty arguments, not so petty arguments, and way too damn many deaths for as young as I am. I've developed a personal philosophy of "nothing ever lasts, good or bad." I do my best to enjoy what I do have, because it will all eventually be ripped away anyway.

Back on topic, I just got off the phone with her. Nice long conversation. I really think this will develop into something. No lady has ever been able to resist my mad good listener skillz. (Tip: Being a good listener means constructively contributing to the conversation. Also caring.) Also, it's pretty awesome having a good female friend (whom I trust) to talk to again. Conversation paths than are awkward with other guys suddenly open up. I feel less restricted talking to women, usually.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Sonic# wrote:it's not always easy having affection for someone without it being returned. But I try not to make friendship into an exile.
Indeed, but sometimes it DOES work out. If you really feel a connection there is no shame in trying. Many girls will STILL be that awesome friend to you even after you've made the move on them and they've shut you down. -Borgan- ones won't though.

But, some times, those long close-friendship pining relationships that last for years and years and years... sometimes they work. :oops: Feels so good, this vindication, after 4+ years.

I hope everyone can get that, but, like Svet-kun said, I kept myself content, for the most part, with friendship. I made sure Kiz knew how I felt, he maintained the friendship. In the end, he returned my feelings. It doesn't always happen though, so don't let it ruin your friendship.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

I think i just got a date to my Cousins wedding through my cousin talking to my Nana on the phone while i was cleaning the kitty litter.... O__o

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Right now. I am so bored. And I am insanely lonely. I'm still very overweight. I'm still awkward around people I don't know. I'm still a complete nerd surrounded by normal people, many of whom avoid me like a contagious virus. I'm tired, exhausted, and unable to do what I want to do, which is go to Japan and cement the language that I've been learning in lessons so that it sticks and I actually understand how to use it rather than just understand people who already speak it right. My artwork is slow, and often not good/unfinished.

And I'm stuck in a catch 22. I'll never meet anyone as I am now, but most likely until my loneliness is attended to and fixed, I will continue to slip deeper and deeper. I'm 29. I'm the last male in my family line who can pass the name down. And I can't get a date to save my life. My grandfather's probably rolling in his grave.

Ugh.
-Nobi

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Nobiyuki77 wrote: I'm 29. I'm the last male in my family line who can pass the name down. And I can't get a date to save my life. My grandfather's probably rolling in his grave.

Ugh.
If the name is all that matters. Get up, get a stable job, and adopt.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

I've been studying with that girl I've had a crush on. We found a kitten as we were walking out of her apartment. I caught it, and it did not want to get caught. I am bitten and scratched to hell and back. It even bit through my fingernail. I couldn't just leave it alone, though. It was way too young to be out on its own. I probably saved a small, fuzzy, adorable life.

Afterward she took me back to her bathroom and cleaned and disinfected my wounds. She seemed really impressed in that, "hey he's willing to go through a lot just to save a kitten," sort of way. I already know she's interested in me, here's to hoping this speeds things up.

In the meantime, OW. I hurt. A couple of fingers are just throbbing (typing isn't helping,) and my various scratches and bites hurt too.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

What did you do with the kitten? A lot of kittens (and cats, of course) taken to shelters end up euthanized due to space constraints. Hopefully that isn't the case in your area.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Well, right now he's snuggled up with my brother (who happens to be my roommate.) It turns out he's a really friendly little guy if you don't try to pick him up!

First I'm going to see if maybe I can keep him. The apartment complex I live in supposedly has a two pet maximum (I already have two cats), but I'll see if they can make an exception. Second, I'll see if I can find a no-kill shelter with some room to spare around town. Third, my mom's going to take him to her vet back home. We've known him for years, and he'd be more than willing to help us find a home for the kitten, with as many cats as we've taken off his hands.

I'm definitely not going to risk euthanization at a standard shelter. I didn't save the little guy just so he could get a lethal injection.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Oh good. Sorry if I sounded accusatory; it's just been on my mind since we're about to adopt a new kitten ourselves (who was rescued from a shelter when her time was up at all of six weeks old). It's just heartbreaking to realize what the fate of so many is.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Not at all. It is truly heartbreaking.

Anyway, I get to keep her! I'll post pictures as soon as I can snag a good one.