slightly traumatized kitty.

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

slightly traumatized kitty.

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

I have a poor little slightly traumatized kitty.

Patches (my oldest cat) freaked out and went after Vala (my youngest cat). I was sitting in my room and i thought i herd something, so i go out and Maverick (middle cat) is all freaked out, so i look for the other two and i cant see them, so i look out side to their cage and i see patches, on the ledge around the middle of the cage and vala on the very top looking at me giving me these big help me eyes. So i rush maverick into the bathroom( so i can open the door and keep is open without having him getting out and having to chase him down in the dark) and then when i get out Patches is on the top part with Vala, and shes hissing and growling and swiping at her, and poor little Vala is on the edge, corned, scrunched into a little ball with a big fluffy tail, growling too, and too scared to turn around and jump on the ledge to get away in case patches attacks. Lucky we have a ladder in the cage, since the top part is at least 7 or 8 feet high so I'm leaning over trying to get patches away from Vala but its hard since there is netting around the top part (so they don't roll off when they're sleeping or fall off while playing) and theres this opening we're Vala is so I'm trying to pull her down but shes holding on for dear life, and at while I'm trying to pull her down im blocking patches swats, and trying to push her away. And in a rush i didn't pull the ladder over far enough so im leaning at a dangerous angle. Patches starts to get more violent so i pull vala as hard as i can getting her off of the top but as i do patches runs over so i try to block her, and slightly drop Vala but she lands on the middle part then runs in the house as fast as she can, and patches tries going after her but i stop her, then after awhile of her growling at me, i block the cat door so she cant get inside, and go in to find Vala, i couldn't find hre for a minute but then she appeared and i freed maverick from the bathroom, and Vala gets all scared and stars growling and backing away and all Maverick is doing is walking past her. I call my dad and he goes and gets Patches inside and we lock her in the bathroom for 10 minutes, and i go in to see her, and shes all fine and happy and meowing, wanting out, then Vala goes over and they start playing under the door, so i think everything is all right and let patches out, but Vala starts growling and hissing and goes all Halloween cat thinking patches is going to attack her again, but Patches is just walking around.

So my little Vala is traumatized, she just starts growling when the other two are around her, shes currently sleeping on my book case and the other arn't allowed in my room at the moment, I hope Vala is alright when she wakes up.
Can you imagine being cornerd on a ledge, 8 feet high, with someone you thought was your friend attacking you with 5 sharp objects

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Re: slightly traumatized kitty.

Post by phyco126 »

They are cat's, they'll live. Lord knows how many times I've seen cat fights.

Unless, of course, your cat is weirdly psychologically weak, then you may have a problem...

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

This was the first time anything like this has happened? I have two cats that get into occasional scuffles every once in a while, but they get over it pretty quick once you break them up. You may have to ease the cats back together slowly and hope they re-adapt to being with each other. If that doesn't work, train Maverick to be the mediator of the three cats. Maverick can then solve any dispute that presents itself.

All jokes aside, I hope things work out alright for you. Angry kitties are not fun to deal with.

Also, Vala is an adorable name for a cat. :mrgreen:

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Its not the first time its happened, but its the first time its happened to Vala, Patches usually goes after Maverick, and its never been this bad before, I even got a few cuts form blocking Vala.

I dont think Maverick would be a very good mediator, hes such a scardy cat. Things are better now but Vala doesnt know what to think of Patches, she was playing the Patches entered the room and she just stoped and watched her walk by.

Vala isnt "weirdly psychologically weak" shes just 6 month kitten that i still think of as a little tiny fluff ball, that was so small i had to keep an eye on, so she wouldnt get runned over by my Papa's wheel chair

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Ah, then the kitten should be able to recover. It may take some time. Question: is Patches neutered?

Though, I should say, it is possible to traumatize a cat, I've seen it happen and it usually ISN'T pretty, but from what you say I don't think it's all that bad.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

It sounds like things are getting better for you. At least the growling and hissing stopped. Vala will probably be a little cautious around Patches, but as long as the fighting doesn't continue, they should get back on good terms with each other.

Patches better watch out when Vala grows up though.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

ya patches is neutered, but Vala isn't yet so that might be part of the problem.

things are getting better, but im worried about it happening again so im keeping a close eye on them

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Kaiya-Sky wrote:ya patches is neutered, but Vala isn't yet so that might be part of the problem.

things are getting better, but im worried about it happening again so im keeping a close eye on them
I'll traumatize your -Plantella-.

>.>
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.