World Cup contest?

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Sonix
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: World Cup contest?

Post by Sonix »

Don't bother watching. It was a very boring game with a weak goal (GK sucked it, almost as bad as Green). I'm happy nonetheless, of course!
Sloooooooooo-veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-nijaaaaaaa!

Ghana vs Serbia was ok, an action every once in a while with a penalty. Deserved win.
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

I dunno, I thought Ghana vs. Serbia had some very dramatic shots on the goal. It really didn't pick up until the second half though.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

They're just so different in how they play. Ghana, like most of the African teams, play quick, or at least, try to play quick. Serbia is so tactical and defensive, with slow build up. It was interesting to see how it would come out.

Best of luck to you on Friday, Sonix! I think it's gonna be a close game between us.
-G1

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

I'm not a futbol expert but I don't understand all the criticism toward Green. US could have won that game from the shot that he deflected toward the post. Even though it got by him, it was a pretty good save. And after today it shows that he isn't the only keeper with bad nerves.

Am I too late for the contest G1? If so I will at least predict that Chile will tie it's best tourny ever with a third place finish.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Well, since we're 3 days into the tournament, it's too late to put in. (I don't think ESPN will even let you now).

And I actually expect Chile to do decent. Problem is, they likely play Brazil in the first round of knockout, and I don't see them going through there.
-G1

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

Finaly a nice game. And I expected Germany to suck this year.
I bet 2-1 for Germany. I just hope the game doesn't end with 2-0 or 3-0 for Germany since my dad and brother bet that ^^
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

I think Australia will at least retort with one goal, it wont be a complete shut out.

As for the subject of Green, the whole thing was it was during a game between two nations that have a history. Unfortunately for England they have a history with most nations, but it's really just a national pride sort of thing. They're still in the game baring their performance in the other two games, but it's really because of the history between the United States and England.

Plus that was such a soft hit, that it really shouldn't have even happened. But oh well, things happen, and all you can do is recover. From the sound of things though, he's shaking it off and not letting it affect him. We'll see in the coming games.

EDIT: I stand corrected, Germany will just rape them.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Heh.... hehehehe. The last game, I'm totally saying "two teams, one cup" =O

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

Man, that was an enjoyable game! I love games with lots of goals ^^
I never thought I'd love watching Germans so much :D

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Germany is scary. And if we take 2nd in our group, we get them in the round of 16.
-G1

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

These past two days have been pretty eventful. Some pretty interesting games gone on, though most of them predictable.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

So... Brazil seemed to have a bit of a tough time getting through that North Korean defense. I mean, they really should've swamped them.

Either North Korea really is the GREATEST NATION ON EARTH, or Brazil has a bit of work to do. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Well, when your life is threatened with winning or death, you'd play like mad too.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm not too worried about it. I think North Korea was a little better than people gave them credit for. They actually have a quality striker that plays in Japan and is rumored to be going to the EPL soon. And their defense is pretty composed. That said, Brazil really should have buried at least 2 more. Tomorrow is Spain. I'm interested to see what they do.

Oh, and Portugal vs Ivory Coast was such a let-down. I expected a great game from that.
-G1

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Now that Spain has lost, it opens a huge door for Chile.
WD RPG WD wrote: Am I too late for the contest G1? If so I will at least predict that Chile will tie it's best tourny ever with a third place finish.
Now if they win the group (which they should), They avoid Brazil in the tournament and get most likely Portugal or Ivory Coast. Both of which cannot seem to score at the moment. And after that they would get the winner of again, most likely, Netherlands Vs. Paraguay. Which is a pretty great scenario either way. Putting them into the final 4 and a shot at third place if they lose against either France or England. Which would tie their best finish ever.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

GhaleonOne wrote:I'm not too worried about it. I think North Korea was a little better than people gave them credit for. They actually have a quality striker that plays in Japan and is rumored to be going to the EPL soon. And their defense is pretty composed. That said, Brazil really should have buried at least 2 more. Tomorrow is Spain. I'm interested to see what they do.

Oh, and Portugal vs Ivory Coast was such a let-down. I expected a great game from that.
Or perhaps what they didn't do. Spain only allowed one goal, but... I was expecting them to score more than the other team too.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Actually, I still think Spain has a chance to win that group. Switzerland will play the same game against Chile, and as long as Spain beats Chile and Honduras, they can still take first. It's just a lot more open now. That's not taking anything against Chile. They have just as much a chance of winning this group now as Spain. Not scoring more against Honduras could actually hurt Chile in the end.

The Argies are up tomorrow Kiz. Mexico/France is the hardest one to call.
-G1

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Okay, serious rage at the South Africa game... -Fatal Hopper- Uruguay so hard. The Goalie went for the ball, not the kicker, it's the goalie's job to -Fatal Hopper- stop balls. If he hit the kicker at all, it was barely, looks more like the kicker tripped over him as he went for the ball.

Absolute -Dung Beetle-.

In other news, I'm now behind Switzerland to win this. They were absolutely ferocious.

PILLAGE ON YOU NEUTRAL SISSIES.
Last edited by Jenner on Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Jenner wrote:Okay, serious rage at the South Africa game... -Fatal Hopper- Uruguay so hard. The Goalie went for the ball, not the kicker, it's the goalie's job to -Fatal Hopper- stop balls. If he hit the kicker at all, it was barely, looks more like the kicker tripped over him as he went for the ball.

Absolute -Dung Beetle-.

In other news, I'm now behind Switzerland to win this. They were absolutely ferocious.

PILLAGE ON MY NORSE BROTHERS.
Um, Switzerland is not Sweden. Charlemagne for the win!
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Sonic# wrote:
Jenner wrote:Okay, serious rage at the South Africa game... -Fatal Hopper- Uruguay so hard. The Goalie went for the ball, not the kicker, it's the goalie's job to -Fatal Hopper- stop balls. If he hit the kicker at all, it was barely, looks more like the kicker tripped over him as he went for the ball.

Absolute -Dung Beetle-.

PILLAGE ON MY NORSE BROTHERS.
Um, Switzerland is not Sweden. Charlemagne for the win!
I fail geography/history forever. For some reason I was thinking Switzerland was a Scandinavian country. (Or at least had some Scandinavian affairs during World War 2 after Sweden and Norway joined Germany.) For, as everyone should know, having sex with things has always been the viking's way of marking their territory. (So, if we banged you you're ours.) However, that doesn't seem to be the case.

BUT, THERE IS TOTALLY A SURVIVING VIKING IN SWITZERLAND.

>.> yeaaah, I'll just be over here.

In order to stay on the topic of Soccer/Football (which Kiz has totally helped me get some level of interest in):
Man, Argentina is mauling S. Korea, like very sexy bears.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.