I just got an awkward hair cut....

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Post Reply
User avatar
WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight
Posts: 830
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:25 am

I just got an awkward hair cut....

Post by WD RPG WD »

Today I went to get a haircut at the local "Blaze Cut". Luckily for me a very attractive Korean girl about my age (around 30) cut my hair. Her name is "So Young". She cut my hair the last time I went there, which was about 2 months ago. She speaks very little english. No one else was there but her and I and one lady in the back who spoke no english either.

The first thing she says is "I've been thinking about you". Thinking she just got her words mixed up I didn't think too much of it.

I just said "wow, thats cool".

After about 5 minutes of silence I see a book about learning english and I mention that it's good that she is learning english because I wanted to have conversations with her. She then blushes and responds with a nod and a smile.

A few minutes later she blurts out "You have beautiful eyes". :shock:

I of course return the kind gesture with the same remark. I'm now thinking about learning Korean so I can marry this lady some day....

She is now pretty much messaging my head sensually and I'm digging it. I then Ask how long she's lived in USA and she says "2 years". I ask "any family here with you?'" She responds, "Yes, my husband and my son"

I almost throw up and try to keep my composure. I pretty much go silent and it turns awkward when ""take my breath away" from Jessica Simpsons is the only noise in the room. :|

After the hair cut is over we go to the counter and I pay. As she is sliding my card she says "I want to see you again"..... With a confused look on my face I say "here or somewhere else?" She gives me a blank stare... And I say "didn't you say you had a husband?" She just gave me this big smile and nodded her head. Frustrated, I turned and walked out in shame thinking "Typical!" :x

Another strikeout for Georgey...

User avatar
Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter
Posts: 1677
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:57 am
Location: Allentown, PA
Contact:

Re: I just got an awkward hair cut....

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I wouldn't jump the gun on what you experienced. She meant to say come back to see me again, as a returning customer. If she was flirting with you it was with the eye comments, and maybe she thinks you're attractive. I think you're just over-analyzing the situation. If she leaned down to massage your penis then I'd see where you're coming from. I forgot to mention that a lot of asian stylists will give you a scalp massage, and most often if you get your hair washed. Is this an asian employed haircuttery/salon, or are their different nationalities? It tends to be a cultural thing, although higher end salons have better services as well.

I worked with a Filipino woman at a department store when I was 19, and she had a real crush on me. She married some older fat man who brought her to the states. She would tell me about their life, and even strangely their sex life. So one day she says to me "Neal, what am I to you?" I was like "what?" She asked again, and I said we're friends and we work together. She was like "Ohhh" and had a disappointed look, and then she told me that she liked me. I told her I appreciated that, but she's married and I'm just her friend.

So then she asks me to come closer to her, and she kisses me on the lips and gets all giddy right there in the store. I was just like, omg you can't be serious. This woman was in her late 30's/early 40's. One time she even came over to my house and made me lunch for my birthday. It was really sad because aside from her husband she really didn't have a life or friends, and she was a really nice person. Her name is Emilia.

Anyway, I ended up leaving my job and I never really kept in touch with her and I think she developed some health problems and possibly even cancer. I just felt bad for her, and to me it was like she was a slave to her husband.

I'm not saying this girl you liked isn't into you WD, but I'd just leave it as playfullness and flirtation. The rest is lost in translation.

User avatar
Werefrog
Dragonmaster
Posts: 2047
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:58 pm
Location: Loch Tess, Winters

Re: I just got an awkward hair cut....

Post by Werefrog »

I'm just a boy with a new haircut, and that's a pretty nice haircut.

I have nothing to contribute here besides Pavement lyrics. I'm pretty sure this might just be a miscommunication/cultural misunderstanding. Or... maybe it's about tips. Maybe look into going to a new hair salon.

Edit: Actually, I have one more thing to contribute: http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=859.

Man, first a Pavement lyric and now a Questionable Content webcomic. Am I becoming a hipster?

User avatar
Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard
Posts: 342
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:02 am
Location: Canada B.C
Contact:

Re: I just got an awkward hair cut....

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Asian's like to make you fall in love with them and, then mess with your head, by saying "you are so gorgeous" because it's the only English they know

User avatar
Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard
Posts: 363
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:32 am
Location: Auburn, Alabama, USA
Contact:

Re: I just got an awkward hair cut....

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Werefrog wrote:Edit: Actually, I have one more thing to contribute: http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=859.

Man, first a Pavement lyric and now a Questionable Content webcomic. Am I becoming a hipster?

I hate to break it to you, but you might be a hipster.

Kinda reminds me the last time I flew. There I was, bored and lonely, and this amazingly beautiful asian girl walks up towards me, stops at my row...and sits on the other side of the aisle. And then a large old white guy (picture any televangelist and you have the right idea) sits next to me. Sigh.
Image

User avatar
Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja
Posts: 639
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Re: I just got an awkward hair cut....

Post by Ardent Fox »

Kaiya-Sky wrote:Asian's like to make you fall in love with them and, then mess with your head, by saying "you are so gorgeous" because it's the only English they know


This.

Trust me, I've been to Korea.

User avatar
Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain
Posts: 4601
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2002 3:27 am
Location: Here, there, everywhere
Contact:

Re: I just got an awkward hair cut....

Post by Sonic# »

That does sound like an awkward hair cut. :/

To the others, I think that Asians are misleading flirts in the same way that the French are rude. You're misinterpreting them or generalizing from inaccurate personal data. I haven't run into the behavior you guys have.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

User avatar
WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight
Posts: 830
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:25 am

Re: I just got an awkward hair cut....

Post by WD RPG WD »

Well, thanks for the insight and clarity guys. She did seem very nice so I'm pretty sure she didn't have any strange intentions.

Maybe she was just testing her English on me.... :|

User avatar
Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter
Posts: 1677
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:57 am
Location: Allentown, PA
Contact:

Re: I just got an awkward hair cut....

Post by Silver Phoenix »

In my case there was actual interest, and she spoke English well enough to understand and respond. I've gone to Chinese restaurants where the waitresses are flirty, and give hugs and have you move over so they can sit next to you. Although I find that a lot of asian women, and men are attracted to me for whatever reason. In a lot of cases I find asian women to be beautiful.

User avatar
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
Posts: 8191
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2002 7:36 am
Location: Marius Zone
Contact:

Re: I just got an awkward hair cut....

Post by Kizyr »

It's a way of subverting the fetishization of Asian women to make it work in their favor rather than against them.

I'm fine with it. Mostly because I'm ok with any subversion of stereotypes.

Kaiya-Sky wrote:Asian's like to make you fall in love with them and, then mess with your head, by saying "you are so gorgeous" because it's the only English they know

Nah.
Trust me, I'm Asian. KF

EDIT: I'm only half-serious, by the way. The first half. KF
~Kizyr
Image

User avatar
Jenner
Dragonmaster
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:24 am
Location: Happily ever after
Contact:

Re: I just got an awkward hair cut....

Post by Jenner »

I'm the one telling Kiz he's beautiful, etc. So... y'know.

ANYWAY, too bad she's in the country WITH her husband. If her husband was still in Korea/whatever you could marry her here regardless... JUST LIKE IN FABLE.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
Image
still adore you Kiz.

User avatar
Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard
Posts: 363
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:32 am
Location: Auburn, Alabama, USA
Contact:

Re: I just got an awkward hair cut....

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Jenner wrote:If her husband was still in Korea/whatever you could marry her here regardless... JUST LIKE IN FABLE.

I lol'd.
Image

User avatar
phyco126
Dragonmaster
Posts: 8126
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2002 3:06 am
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
Contact:

Re: I just got an awkward hair cut....

Post by phyco126 »

WD RPG WD wrote:The first thing she says is "I've been thinking about you".


This right here screams to me that she meant "Hey, I remember you!"

But yeah, awkward this totally is. =/
Image

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Mog Dragonheart
Red Dragon Priest
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2003 7:52 am

Re: I just got an awkward hair cut....

Post by Mog Dragonheart »

Kizyr wrote:It's a way of subverting the fetishization of Asian women to make it work in their favor rather than against them.

I'm fine with it. Mostly because I'm ok with any subversion of stereotypes.


And why isn't it only a woman doing her thing?

User avatar
Jenner
Dragonmaster
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:24 am
Location: Happily ever after
Contact:

Re: I just got an awkward hair cut....

Post by Jenner »

Mog Dragonheart wrote:
Kizyr wrote:It's a way of subverting the fetishization of Asian women to make it work in their favor rather than against them.

I'm fine with it. Mostly because I'm ok with any subversion of stereotypes.


And why isn't it only a woman doing her thing?


What thing do women do?
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
Image
still adore you Kiz.

User avatar
Jenner
Dragonmaster
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:24 am
Location: Happily ever after
Contact:

Re: I just got an awkward hair cut....

Post by Jenner »

WARNING: SWEARS

The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
Image
still adore you Kiz.

User avatar
Werefrog
Dragonmaster
Posts: 2047
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:58 pm
Location: Loch Tess, Winters

Re: I just got an awkward hair cut....

Post by Werefrog »

I remember this video... I think I saw a version of it where the word "skank" was changed to statist in a video making fun of Ron Paul.

Edit: I'm not sure if that video is making fun of Ron Paul & co. or serious...

User avatar
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
Posts: 8191
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2002 7:36 am
Location: Marius Zone
Contact:

Re: I just got an awkward hair cut....

Post by Kizyr »

Speaking of which, Emma Watson has a really cute new haircut:
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/08/05/emma- ... to-potter/
KF
~Kizyr
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests