Lose 30 pounds by your next appointment with me....

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Werefrog
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Lose 30 pounds by your next appointment with me....

Post by Werefrog »

Peanut butter and jelly has always been my favorite vegetarian dish.

chiiruchan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by chiiruchan »

But PB&J isn't a diety type thing is it?

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Eh. Make it with whole grain bread and go light on the jelly. It's a pretty good source of protein in relation to fat.

Undine
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Undine »

Lazy vegetarian dinner: (All you have to do is plan ahead for the baking time)

Take a whole bunch of veggies and chop up into 1 inch or less pieces. (Recommended: broccoli, pepper, tomato, squash, chickpea, onion, carrot, turnip, sweet potato, potato, etc. Make sure there is at least something green in there.)

Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.

Put on a baking sheet and put in a 350 degree oven for like 50 minutes. Possibly longer, depending on how big you cut them up. You're looking for them to be a bit brown and caramelized.

Remove from oven and put in face.

You can even do a big batch of this and have it for a few meals. Just don't go crazy with the white potato.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

The problem with that meal is a lack of protein. To feel satisfied with a meal, protein is required. Research has been done to show that this true for all animals, from insects up to humans. Otherwise, sounds good. Just be sure to add a side of beans or tofu.

chiiruchan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by chiiruchan »

Can you microwave the "Lazy Vegetarian Dinner"?

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Werefrog wrote:The problem with that meal is a lack of protein. To feel satisfied with a meal, protein is required. Research has been done to show that this true for all animals, from insects up to humans. Otherwise, sounds good. Just be sure to add a side of beans or tofu.
On beans, beans + rice is a much better combination, as it gives a complete protein. There's a reason that beans and rice is a common staple dish in much of Latin America. (Similarly, in Bangladesh, lentils and rice is the staple dish.) KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

chiiruchan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by chiiruchan »

Well... due to trying ideas on the thread... I lost about 4 lbs. in a week. I heard sometimes it goes away fast then slows down to a plateau...

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

chiiruchan wrote:Well... due to trying ideas on the thread... I lost about 4 lbs. in a week. I heard sometimes it goes away fast then slows down to a plateau...
Yep, by keeping up exercise you keep your metabolism high and prevent the drop off from occurring as severely.

chiiruchan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by chiiruchan »

I technically have trouble working out at the moment due to only having 30% lung capacity from my stomach pushing on my lungs. But I am going to try and walk as much as I can. As long as I'm not running or moving in such a way I push my stomach up it seems to be working. :P But when I free up my lungs I want to do much more!

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Keep in mind this probably isn't typical. From Wednesday to Wednesday, my scale reading shows a difference of negative 8 lbs. Keep in mind, this is a cheap bathroom scale, but I think there has been some impact. The biggest thing I've done is put about 1 to 1.5 hours a day on weekdays,spread out a bit throughout the day into using my exercise bike along with keeping within a caloric limit. And about 2 hours a day on Saturday and Sunday.

I doubt this rate will keep up but it gives you an idea of what kind of a difference exercise can make.

If you can't run there's other exercises you can participate in.

chiiruchan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by chiiruchan »

I've been on SparkPeople. It has a weekly weigh in. I noticed getting on the scale daily is jumpy.

I wish I had an exercise bike. :( I can't afford much at the moment. But I'll try to keep walking.