Photos and a story

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Photos and a story

Post by GhaleonOne »

So I'm on vacation in Colorado right now doing fall colors photography, and finally found this location I had been looking for since last year. It's beautiful. Little waterfalls cascading through fallen aspen leaves everywhere. Scenes like the one below for a mile. The only problem is, I fell in. With my camera. The camera is okay actually, but my $500 lens that I shoot everything with is totally donzo. At least until I can send it in to Nikon, which does me no good on this trip. So I'm going down to Boulder to buy the camera I've wanted for 3 years. I don't want the trip to be a total bust. But I thought I'd share the final shot my poor lens ever took. I'll probably post a few more over the next week while I'm here, but I won't have too much time so it might be a few weeks before I show off most of them.

-G1

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Photos and a story

Post by Ardent Fox »

Holy cats that's a beautiful picture! I know a lot of people who've gone to Colorado and come back with lots of really beautiful pictures of the wilderness there. That, however, is a very spectacular photograph. Nice snap G1!

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Absolutely awesome!! :D Great photo too!
-Nobi

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Where exactly is this located, anyway? Any of the hiking I've done around here is dry, I'd like to go somewhere like that and give it a shot.

What camera are you buying? If its another Nikon, at least your lens will be usable with the new camera.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Solana
Student of Vane

Post by Solana »

How are you after that tumble?

This shot is absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful location and well set-up with that tree on the top. I'd love to see more.
This is either madness, or brilliance- Will Turner
It's remarkable how often those traits coincide- Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I was fine. I was just in shock about the camera. By the end of the trip, the lens mostly unfogged, but it's still got some minor issues. I picked up a Canon 5D Mark II, so I'm set for a long time on that end. And phyco, it's in Rocky Mountain National Park. It's off a little traveled path from Storm Pass trailhead on the road up towards Bear Lake. You take that trail, and after cutting off a few trails you're on the Boulder Brook trail. I'm not sure if the trail ever actually gets to the brook when it looks like this, but I basically bushwacked over to it when I could hear it. There were better scenes to compose had I not dropped my camera. I definitely wanna go back next autumn.
-G1

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

That's a gorgeous pic G1, thanks for sharing. RMNP must be an awesome vacation spot. :)

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

It's photoshopped. I can tell by the pixelation shading and from having seen a few 'shops in my day. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I'm confused about the "fog water." Why didn't you have it set up for an action shot based on movement of the water?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I was trying to convey a sense of motion with the flowing stream. If I freeze frame it, there's no real motion being shown. I've always thought photos with streams and moving water are kinda bland if there's not some sense of motion being conveyed. The only instance where I'd try to freeze the water would be if I was at say, the beach, and I was trying to freeze a wave crashing into the rocks and spraying up. And even then, I'd probably try it both ways to see what I liked more. not sure if that answers what you meant though?

And Kiz, totally 'shopped! Nah, but for real, this one has very little Photoshop work done to it. I always find these kind of shots easy actually. You don't have to worry about the sky being blown out and dealing with extreme light situations. I did touch the contrast up in the ACR and slightly upped the saturation, but not much really.
-G1