car trouble

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
lnrSaxon
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

car trouble

Post by lnrSaxon »

My car broke down yesterday, and I think it would give me a little bit of peace of mind to at least know exactly what happened in addition to what the tow truck dude said (my timing belt is blown apparently... engine turns over, but car doesn't start... best i can describe it is that it sounds like it's galloping when it's trying to start O.o).

I ran over a pothole, and after going a little further, my oil light went on, then about 20 seconds later, my brake and battery light came on, and my car just stopped. I know that it normally means the alternator, but my battery is only a few months old so, if I understand it correctly, there should've been enough charge even if the alternator was beginning to fail.

A friend of mine suggested that I might've knocked out the oil pan also. There was a bit of an oil leak, but I think my car normally leaks a little.

:: sigh :: cars. -__-;; love 'em, hate 'em, can't live without 'em... we're so masochistic. >.<

on the brighter side, there's a hockey game tonight. ^^

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: car trouble

Post by whitedragon_nall »

Ugh, that sucks. Mine broke down recently too. It just suddenly died one afternoon. I was driving it around all morning and then went to leave later on that night and the damn thing wouldn't even turn over. Would've been at LEAST a 1500 dollar fix so I ended up junking it and borrowing my Dad's truck for a week until I bought a new car. I wish I lived in a place where I can ride a bike everywhere because cars are a big pain the ass.

Enjoy your game though! :D

lnrSaxon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lnrSaxon »

a friend of mine really blessed me by tugging my car to a shop for me, but sadly, it was definitely the timing belt, and with my car, when the timing belt goes, it kind of takes everything under the hood with it. I pretty much need a new engine. :( so i guess i'm gonna have to figure out how to get rid of it and buy a new(to me) car. -___-;; this whomps. :'(

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

...ouch...

That's no good. Do you own a Ford? Usually everything effs up when one thing goes wrong.

lnrSaxon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lnrSaxon »

Nah, it was a mitsubishi. I think i'm in the market for a Toyota or Honda at this point. Preferably a Toyota. >.<

Kitdra
Student of Vane

Post by Kitdra »

Ardent Fox wrote:...ouch...

That's no good. Do you own a Ford? Usually everything effs up when one thing goes wrong.

My dad had a Ford Focus, dang thing gave him nothing but trouble till it finlly broke down and he had to get a new car.... Now he see Focuses everywhere XD It's like the car is haunting him XDD