Video Game inspired tattoos... any ideas?

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
maravida
Lann Fisherman
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Video Game inspired tattoos... any ideas?

Post by maravida »

So, i am a tattoo artist at the Purple Scorpion in Salem MA. i make sheets of flash (tattoo designs) occasionally and i thought it would be fun to try and do a video game inspired flash sheet.

ive done a few video game tattoos, mainly Zelda oriented. (ive done a tri-force and the guy i work with has done like 5 of em in the last 2 months, also i did...4 hearts i believe (?) on a guys chest.

i have a couple ideas, but i'd need like 5-7 to make a good sheet. if we come up with enough, maybe ill do a video game flash set! anyway, i'd like to do some RPG related stuff as thats my favorite genre. im thinking about doing:
-a traditional style heart with a banner that says "999" or maybe "9999".
-a cute octopus monster with a banner under him that says "obligatory octopus" (in reference to a thing in an issue of Game Informer about RPG stereotypes)
-a potion with "full health" or something in a banner

just wanted to see if anyone here had any ideas for me! ive been racking my brain with my roomie and thats all we've come up with! also, i just realized everything im thinking of has a banner with words in it. thats not a must, i just happened to come up with all stuff with banners so far!

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Video Game inspired tattoos... any ideas?

Post by Ardent Fox »

I've always wanted to get the Assassin's symbol on my body somewhere. The one from Assassin's Creed, but I'm a dork like that.

lnrSaxon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lnrSaxon »

Final Fantasy's got pretty cool symbols. Like Tidus' Zanarkand Abes logo in FFX or Cloud's lion/wolf (i always have difficulty figuring out what exactly it is) emblem in FF7. Or the Heartless symbol in Kingdom Hearts.

yep.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

If you wanted to do ones more particular to game series, you could do:
Chocobo (Final Fantasy)
Slime (Dragon Quest)
A sky pirate flag! (Skies of Arcadia) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thHjIkHCfwE
A sprite image of a stereotypical mom at the start of an RPG (Chrono Trigger or Earthbound?), with "MOM" right under it.
A sword, a staff, and a shield in a triangle, possibly with something about choosing wisely underneath (many RPGs, but especially Kingdom Hearts, if the sword was a keyblade).
A three-headed monkey (Monkey Island)
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Soul Eater rune from Suikoden. (Generally I'm not for inscribing dark imagery permanently on my body, but I have entertained that one before.) The rune symbols in Suikoden are often awesome.

Just came up with something - VICTOLY as seen in Samurai Showdown. That'd be fun. :mrgreen:
「まあいいけど。」

lnrSaxon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lnrSaxon »

the runes in Star Ocean: Till the End of Time are pretty cool, too. I just can't in good conscience bring myself to finish that game. Personal convictions, you know.

Solana
Student of Vane

Post by Solana »

Some of the gothic architecture from the 'Castlevania' or 'Soul Reaver' series is pretty sweet. My brother has a Dracula-esque castle on one shoulder.

There's also Lunar love- he has Althena's sword redrawn as a dagger on his leg. Maybe use some of the Lunar dragons for those interested? (Or other beasts from other games- FF summons, Ridley from Metroid. etc.)

For the western types, some of the ARMS from Wild Arms might look pretty sweet in the hands of gunslingers.

If people want something smaller, maybe do modified sprites of some of the old school characters, like Mario or Link or Crono or Maxim or.... you get the idea. :)
This is either madness, or brilliance- Will Turner
It's remarkable how often those traits coincide- Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

chiiruchan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by chiiruchan »

The BlazBlue symbols look really cool. They have one for each character so you could choose your favorite. I wouldn't get a tattoo.... but that would be something I would consider if I was.....

maravida
Lann Fisherman

Post by maravida »

good ideas guys!

i realy really like sonic#'s idea of doing the mom sprite!

i remebered something else that ive done for a tattoo: the god of war symbol!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Lucia's pendant on the chest as if wearing it. :P

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

So you're just looking for symbols or characters?

You mentioned octopus, and Ultros (I think) was the octopus boss in Final Fantasy 6. He can be chibi-fied.

You can create the combat cross from Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, but really a cross can be stylized into anything.

Althena's Sword would be a great tattoo, as would the sword/ship design from Grandia 2. I believe it's called the Granasaber.

As for your potion, you should call it Elixir or X Potion ala FF.

I have a feeling that a lot of the Zelda inspired tattoos have come from The Legend of Neil fans as well as game enthusiasts.