Sushi ^^

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Drathial
Reza Thief
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Sushi ^^

Post by Drathial »

So just trying to get some board conversation going.
Who likes sushi? XD I think it's about the best delicacy-type food I have ever eaten. My favorites are (Just names from the restaurant I go to) Joey Roll and the Dynamite. First one is a fried cucumber wrapped around like a crab meat. The other one looks like a southern crunch with a dab of this hot hot red sauce. ^^

Kitdra
Student of Vane

Re: Sushi ^^

Post by Kitdra »

I'm a very picky eater... so there's many things I wont eat... and meat/fish is one I won't...

lnrSaxon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lnrSaxon »

i absolutely love sushi. XD i'm pretty sure i'm one of the oddballs that like my salmon raw versus cooked. xP there's a sushi place out here called Saburo's that's supposed to be amazing and cut their fish in big pieces. i really wanna go there. ^^

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Joey Roll and the Dynamite sounds like a really cool band name.

I do sushi. There's a cool place near my school that does both sushi and falafels. And, though it sounds like a weird combination, it's delicious! My favorite is probably the dragon roll. (The fish on top is cooked and arranged like a dragon.)
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I love Sushi! I have no clue what the kinds are that I eat, since they aren't labeled when I get them.

This one restaurant called Teppanyaki in the city where my university is, has really AWESOME Japanese and Chinese food. They also have some of the best sushi I've ever had. You can choose from 4 different sauces to go with the sushi (my favorite being the Honey Wasabi). My favorite kind of sushi they have has to be this one that has some kind of fish and cream cheese in it. I like them all though. XD

Drathial
Reza Thief

Post by Drathial »

Sonic# wrote:Joey Roll and the Dynamite sounds like a really cool band name
Dark_Fairy wrote:I love Sushi!
I think I have had a dragon-roll-type dish as well. It was arranged the same way. ^^
The cream cheese ones I simply love. My favorites are spicy though.

Lol Sushi/band names. This could get interesting.

I had one called the Crazy Maki. That could work as a band name.

I think I might get sushi tonight. (0.0)~hunger~

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Sonic# wrote:Joey Roll and the Dynamite sounds like a really cool band name.
OMG I don't care what they play as long as I can say I went to see Joey Roll and the Dynamite. :lol:

Sushi was a revelation to me because I didn't like fish very much before I had it uncooked. Now I like to go and complain about about stuff like Chinese food on the menus of restaurants that claim to be Japanese and frou-frou inauthentic maki, but eat them anyway 'cause they're delicious. I like regular nigiri best though.
「まあいいけど。」

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Sonic# wrote:Joey Roll and the Dynamite sounds like a really cool band name.

I do sushi. There's a cool place near my school that does both sushi and falafels. And, though it sounds like a weird combination, it's delicious! My favorite is probably the dragon roll. (The fish on top is cooked and arranged like a dragon.)
Falafel sushi! I haven't eaten much sushi due to it price, but I love falafel. They remind of hush puppies that taste better.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I love sushi, but there are very few places I find that have particularly good sushi. I'll try any place once, but it's probably a good idea not to take me to your favorite place if we're ever out, if you might get upset at me criticizing the quality...

If I'm trying a place for the first time, I usually get three things: an eel roll (to measure basic quality, since if you mess up eel then there's no hope for you), something else with uncooked fish (e.g., halibut, tuna, fatty tuna, etc., to test the quality of the fish), and one of the restaurant's specialty rolls (to measure how good their "featured" things are). That gives a good range of quality and usually is good enough to gauge how good everything else is.

Most places I'd rank a 2 out of 5. A few places will be 3/5 (meaning I'm willing to go there again), while a small handful are 4/5 (meaning I'll recommend it to others). There have been only two places in the US I'd rank a 5/5.

One thing I don't like... brown rice in sushi. I've seen a few places try this, but it really does not work well. For chirashi, maybe, because the rice and fish are separate, but otherwise no. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

chiiruchan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by chiiruchan »

Vegetarian sushi for me. I love pickled radish and squash in my rolls. :3 And I like tons of wasabi. Enough to tingle a bit. The ones I usually order are "Oshinko Maki" the radish and "Kanpyo Maki" the squash. I also love avacado cucumber rolls and tamago. :O I'm an egg eating vegetarian, so tamago is okay.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Kizyr wrote:I love sushi, but there are very few places I find that have particularly good sushi. I'll try any place once, but it's probably a good idea not to take me to your favorite place if we're ever out, if you might get upset at me criticizing the quality...
Here, here. Sushi complainers unite!
chiiruchan wrote:Vegetarian sushi for me. I love pickled radish and squash in my rolls. :3 And I like tons of wasabi. Enough to tingle a bit. The ones I usually order are "Oshinko Maki" the radish and "Kanpyo Maki" the squash. I also love avacado cucumber rolls and tamago. :O I'm an egg eating vegetarian, so tamago is okay.
Mmm, kanpyo maki. I seldom see them on menus. I remember someplace whipped up an umeboshi-shiso-cucumber roll which I thought was magical. Tasted like summer...also, vegetarian.
「まあいいけど。」

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

Post by CatsWithMatches »

As far as vegetarian sushi goes, nothing beats avocado. smooth and creamy, and yet, a vegetable.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I adore sushi! <3
There's a nice cafe in my downtown area that makes some delicious sushi rolls. :3
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3