So, I was on the news recently...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
brightshield
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

So, I was on the news recently...

Post by brightshield »

We filmed this a few months ago, but it was crazy finding this video on youtube. It's pretty cheesy, but kind of cool at the same time. I look weird as hell for most of the video, but the shot at 2:35 pretty much nails exactly what I look like(although my hair is messy in that shot).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAYHQaVZ ... re=related

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: So, I was on the news recently...

Post by Sonic# »

Hah, cool! I've always liked Medieval Times, along with anything involving swords.

I kept thinking different people were you. Then I'd have to look back at the time.

Is that the sort of training you do?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

brightshield
Red Dragon Priest

Post by brightshield »

Hah, cool! I've always liked Medieval Times, along with anything involving swords.

Yeah, that's why I first went there.

I kept thinking different people were you. Then I'd have to look back at the time.

Haha, I was the green squire. Probably should have said so before.

Is that the sort of training you do?

Yes, although the video only briefly touches upon it. You actually ride horses and joust most of the time, if you're training to be a knight. Ben only cared about the fights though.

lnrSaxon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lnrSaxon »

that pretty much looks like the coolest job ever. >.<

there's a medieval times down in So Cal that the seniors at my high school has a tradition to visit every year for banquet. we cheer for the red & gold knight cuz those are 2 of our colors (the other is white).

Good times. ^___^

brightshield
Red Dragon Priest

Post by brightshield »

that pretty much looks like the coolest job ever. >.<

You get cut pretty bad sometimes since the swords are real(I've gotten 5 stitches to the head before). I've also seen one of my friends get kicked in the head by a horse during the show. There's lots of cool things too though. Mostly, the tv related stuff. My friend Andrew was on Cake Boss recently.

there's a medieval times down in So Cal that the seniors at my high school has a tradition to visit every year for banquet. we cheer for the red & gold knight cuz those are 2 of our colors (the other is white).

Good times. ^___^

Technically, it's red & yellow. The Prince wears two of your colors though(white & gold).

lnrSaxon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lnrSaxon »

that's pretty hardcore, dude. the worst thing that happened to me when i was workin at Disney was getting run over by electric wheelchairs. XP and every so often getting beat up by little pirates.

my bad on the technical terminology. my school'd always called him the red & gold knight cuz his yellow is actually what we use in all our school color stuff. I think they just wanted to sound less ghetto by calling it gold. xP

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I'll take the hot latino with the black and white diamond pattern with the red cross.

brightshield
Red Dragon Priest

Post by brightshield »

I'll take the hot latino with the black and white diamond pattern with the red cross.

Haha, all the girls go wild over Kevin(he's Turkish rather than Latino though). He's the best fighter we've got as well, and my best friend at work. He's crazy fast in the show, and has held back on me every time I've fought him.

This is back when I first got in the final fight, as one of the green squires(and I sucked badly). Right at the beginning he could have taken my head off, but he pulls the sword.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnnaXbLJKRE

Wow... rewatching that was painful for me. I was beyond horrible. Especially towards the end of the fight(when it was just me and the Green Knight attacking the Prince). I was prepping way too early, and not stepping into the strikes enough at all.

Anyway, unfortunately for you Silver Phoenix, he's already in a pretty serious relationship(and not gay).

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

That video was so effin' badass. Never knew a place like this existed. I've gone to the Renaissance Faire here in PA a couple of times, but your fights are more intense and realistic. I must check this place out sometime.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

That video is pretty awesome! Wish my local news channels would be that humorous in some of their segments.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

brightshield
Red Dragon Priest

Post by brightshield »

That video was so effin' badass. Never knew a place like this existed.

Really? We're all over, we've got like 8 Castles in the United States, 1 in Canada, and 1 in Spain.

I've gone to the Renaissance Faire here in PA a couple of times, but your fights are more intense and realistic. I must check this place out sometime.

A friend of mine(an ex-squire) works at the Renaissance Faire in NY, and yeah he was also surprised by how fast we fight.

That video is pretty awesome! Wish my local news channels would be that humorous in some of their segments.

Ben actually reminded me of Conan O'Brian in some ways.

7CityRansom
Nanza Bandit

Post by 7CityRansom »

Awesome place to work indeed! Seems like fun... I want to go watch Cable Guy now.