New Year Resolutions; post them here!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

New Year Resolutions; post them here!

Post by phyco126 »

So, what is everyone's resolutions? Mine is the following:

1. Travel to several states and at least one country I have never been to (Canada this year)
2. Save save save, I need to save as much as I possibly can. If this new job goes through (and I've never prayed this hard about getting a job before) then I can possibly buy a house in 2012.
3. Build a computer for my friend. No roommate of mine is going to get 10 FPS on a game thats 5 years old!
4. Make Christmas 2011 the best Christmas my family has seen (gift wise) in several years
5. Work out. I worked out steadily for months last year, but in August I just suddenly stopped. Time to get back into it I say!
6. Pay down student debt as far and as fast as I can. I currently have 53,000 in loans, so its gonna be killer when I have to start paying it all back.
7. Get my associates. Seriously, I'm like, one or three classes away. I want. Bachelors isn't far behind.

Thats about it, at least for now. This year I did pretty well, though on everything else but my resolutions, ha ha. I worked out steadily for months, which got me fairly fit. I started taking martial arts, so I'm getting better at that. While I didn't get that promotion, other doors are currently open that I am attempting to go for. Otherwise, work was solid and great for me. Got a new car, got to travel to Georgia twice, even met my grandmama from Argentina and visited my grandma, aunt, and uncle from my dad's side.

Everything that 2010 was, I will make it better in 2011. Everything that went wrong in 2010, I will do whatever I can to avoid in 2011. So, to that end, I say bring it!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kitdra
Student of Vane

Re: New Year Resolutions; post them here!

Post by Kitdra »

Don't think I'll be making any.... XD for the past few years I've tried to keep up with one but some reason stop due to lost interess.... (it was to update a journal entry for DA every month with a list of what I was going to do for the year... *if you ckeck it now I think it's been over a year as it is since I last posted something*)

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

1) Diet and actually lose something this year (I only maintained *sob*)

2) Spend less money

3) Buy significantly less videogames (see 2)

4) Get job in Japan or move out to own place (deadline, July 6th, my 30th birthday)
-Nobi

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

Save money. 2010 was really bad for me with my $1200 HDTV dying on me and throwing away money to fix stuff on my car only to have it die on me anyway....forcing me to buy another car. 2011 better be a better year for me financially.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Happy new year all my fellow Lunar lovers!!! :D

1) Stop smoking outside of conventions. (Eventually leading to stop smoking all together. x_x)
2) Lose weight!! (The typical cliche female new year resolution!!)

About it for now. Wishing you guys all the best in 2011!! <3
Must get back to my sister, her friends, and my boss boy now.
(yes, I'm drunk... xoxo)
Last edited by LuNaRtIc on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

I feelll sickk

My newd yrae revolution is too.........aijjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

my new years resolution is to last another year with Kiz.
Also, to nag Shannon and generally be a better friend/gf
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

There's one resolution I have; though, it's a bit personal and something that we'll see if it's fulfilled by the end of this year.

I'll let you know if it is, though. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

I want to excersize more. <3 I love Tai-bo, and it's cheapto find because it's not a fad anymore.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I have one resolution.

Pass my PhD exams.

I'll know if I've done it in September.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

For anyone that thinks I was drunk on New Years, you are wrong! I was just trying to be funny. I havn't had a drink in 2 1/2 years. :x

My goals this year are to get back into shape, re-learn Japanese, take Judo, play chicken with a train and hack Lunar-Net. Good luck everyone with you're goals!

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

Post by CatsWithMatches »

WD RPG WD wrote:take Judo
Sweet!

One of my goals for the coming year is to finally get my black belt in judo (been at it for many years).

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Hmm, become more employed? :lol:
「まあいいけど。」

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I don't have goals so much as a few plans. The main thing though, I plan on doing the Tour du Mont Blanc trek in the Alps in either August or early September this year. It's basically a ~110 mile trek around Europe's tallest mountain, Mont Blanc and passes through Italy, France and Switzerland during the trek.
-G1

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

I don't really have any, but one thing I should do this year is get a job, for a few reasons, 1. I'll go crazy sitting around the house all day waiting for my boyfriend to come home from work and 2. Money

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Go back to school, come hell or high water.

lnrSaxon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lnrSaxon »

be awesome.

... oh, wait. too late. XD

hahahahaha, jk.

well, my friend and i are attempting a trip to China & HK this summer...... crossing my fingers on that one! so i gotta save loads, and on top of that, it's gonna be at a really awkward time cuz one of my co-workers will be on maternity leave still... =/ but i wanna get out there again!

and do awesome in my last 3 semesters (plus summer school) of undergrad! >_<

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

lnrSaxon wrote:well, my friend and i are attempting a trip to China & HK this summer......
The backcountry of China is probably my #1 most wanted place to go. From what I've researched, China probably has the most beautiful scenery in the world, and a lot of it is almost unknown to the western world.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Shiva Indis wrote:Hmm, become more employed? :lol:
Oddly enough, mine could be to become less employed. Many attempts to cut back my hours keep getting undone because there's too much of a backlog. Being out sick for nearly half of December didn't help. :/

And now that's my 6000th post. Yay, I guess. Used to be consistently about a hundred posts behind Kizyr, but he's had more to say and I've had less for a while now.

lnrSaxon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lnrSaxon »

GhaleonOne wrote:
lnrSaxon wrote:well, my friend and i are attempting a trip to China & HK this summer......
The backcountry of China is probably my #1 most wanted place to go. From what I've researched, China probably has the most beautiful scenery in the world, and a lot of it is almost unknown to the western world.
ya, i've always wanted to visit the more rural areas. i've been to shenzhen, and it's nuts trying to get on a bus there! My friend and i are trying to get to Kunming to meet some people, and then we wanna go to HK to see our old students. ^_^