Dark_Fairy is finally out of the Dinosaur Age!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Dark_Fairy is finally out of the Dinosaur Age!

Post by Dark_Fairy »

The days of crappy Crappy is an extremely nice word for it, more like ****Netzero Dial Up, using my friend's internet, and using an antenna to watch 6 channels are finally over! I have never had my own high speed internet, but starting Thursday when the AT&T guy comes to set the stuff up, I WILL HAVE TV AND INTERNET VIA UVERSE! YESSS!

I had to express my joy somewhere, lol. I figured I'd do it here for the heck of it considering this place has been quiet lately and I haven't posted much lately.

Finally, I will be able to get online with my PS3 and 360! I can't wait. X3

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: Dark_Fairy is finally out of the Dinosaur Age!

Post by Sonic# »

Wow! I know there are still people using dial-up, but it's been a long time since I've heard Netzero mentioned! Congrats!
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Welcome to the modern age! It's like Civilization.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

AT&T Uverse is pretty cool. Did you get a package with DVR? Their DVR system is great in the way that it lets multiple TVs have access to the DVR. I no longer live any place with AT&T service available, but when I did, I really liked it.

The best part is the high speed Internet. I'm pretty sure that now with Netflix and Hulu, I'll never get cable TV ever again. But compared to other TV services, U-Verse is probably the way to go if your service is anywhere near as good as mine. (However, you can't really beat the Internet the local service here provides. It gives you great up speed as well as down speed whereas the U-Verse packages seem to focus mostly on the down speed. It's really amazing for being in an isolated area.)

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

Awesome Congratulations! Enjoy your online console gaming!

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Congrats on getting rid of Dial up! I had it for 6 years until 7 months ago when i moved out and I found high speed <3 I hope to never go back

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Ardent Fox wrote:Welcome to the modern age! It's like Civilization.
My sister said the exact same thing, lol. :lol:

So far AT&T hasn't even turned on the phone yet, and they were suppose to do that Monday night. Hopefully they will come out on Thursday at least to set up the TV and the Internet, we'll see what happens though. Not the first time AT&T has messed stuff up. :roll:
Werefrog wrote:AT&T Uverse is pretty cool. Did you get a package with DVR? Their DVR system is great in the way that it lets multiple TVs have access to the DVR. I no longer live any place with AT&T service available, but when I did, I really liked it.

The best part is the high speed Internet. I'm pretty sure that now with Netflix and Hulu, I'll never get cable TV ever again. But compared to other TV services, U-Verse is probably the way to go if your service is anywhere near as good as mine. (However, you can't really beat the Internet the local service here provides. It gives you great up speed as well as down speed whereas the U-Verse packages seem to focus mostly on the down speed. It's really amazing for being in an isolated area.)
Yeah, I got the Internet, TV, and Phone bundle for $89 for 12 months. It comes with a DVR, which I'm excited about. I've never had a DVR before, so it will nice to be able to record shows with it. It may be the cheapest bundle, but I had to get the cheapest. Plus, downstream of 3MBPS should be plenty fast anyway. :3

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Congrats! :D