First4Figures Wants to Know: Do You Want Lunar Statues?

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Fledge
Burg Farmer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

First4Figures Wants to Know: Do You Want Lunar Statues?

Post by Fledge »

Statue company First4Figures, an officially licensed developer of limited edition premium polystone and PVC collectibles for a variety of popular video game and anime franchises (Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Metal Gear Solid, Sonic the Hedgehog, Dark Souls, Crash Bandicoot, Berserk, Tekken, Castlevania, Spyro, etc.) is currently polling in their Facebook Collector's Club to gauge interest in the development and production of statues from the Lunar series! :D

Here are samples of the work they've done over the years:

Over the years they have even released statues for many beloved cult classic franchises including Skies of Arcadia, Katamari Damacy, NightS, Viewtiful Joe, Shenmue, Okami, Jet Set Radio, etc., and are still dedicated to bringing new collectibles for those time-honored works. However, for these less mainstream works they poll their Facebook community to determine market interest before sinking finances into development. They won't seriously pursue licensing until polls reach a certain threshold (in today's market usually 500 "Yes" votes). Members are encouraged to rally support for their favorite properties, and many statues in licensing limbo have been saved as a result. For example, a statue for Aika from Skies of Arcadia had been shelved in their "Vault" for years, but thanks to community support it is now officially being produced, I personally participated in the successful rallying, here's a 3D rendering F4F shared recently from their current in-house production development:

So right now we need your votes! First4Figures wants to see if customers would buy a statue specifically of Alex Noa from Lunar: Silver Star Story. If you would love to own a statue of our beloved hero, vote in the poll and make your voice heard! There are two steps involved:

1) Join the First4Figures Official Collector's Club on Facebook! Anyone can join, simply go to their Facebook page and request to join and an admin will approve you: https://www.facebook.com/groups/first4figures/
2) Vote "Yes" in the poll! The link for the poll is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/first4f ... 111366976/

You can see all information about this poll on their official website here: https://www.first4figures.com/blog/tt-p ... plete.html

If you know other places to share this, please do! More votes not only makes the statue production reality, but it opens the possibility for even more characters from the franchise to be commemorated in statue form (Luna, Ghaleon, etc.). Thanks!

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: First4Figures Wants to Know: Do You Want Lunar Statues?

Post by Alunissage »

I'm a little surprised at the choice of Alex. Not that I have a problem with him, but that's not who I would expect to start with.

I have no strong feelings in particular on getting figurines or not, but if they were produced I would get one because I get one of every Lunar thing I can find. =)

Fledge
Burg Farmer

Post by Fledge »

Alunissage wrote:I'm a little surprised at the choice of Alex. Not that I have a problem with him, but that's not who I would expect to start with.

I have no strong feelings in particular on getting figurines or not, but if they were produced I would get one because I get one of every Lunar thing I can find. =)
They probably chose Alex since he's the protagonist, hero and lead playable character of Lunar:SSS. If the poll for Alex is successful and his statue sells well, I imagine the next logical choice for development would be Luna, and then other fan favorite characters.

Also, these are not just any ordinary figurines, they are hefty, large, premium, handpainted, limited edition, heirloom museum quality statement pieces, depending on the size prices can range from $150 - $700. Here are examples of the CEO Alex Davis and his partner in crime Chockles with different statues:

You can get a sense for their scale variation looking through First4Figures YouTube channel videos, some of them feature the team members showcasing the pieces at the time of preorders: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHneP ... 0pWnyPfL6Q
Last edited by Fledge on Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Fledge wrote:
Alunissage wrote:I'm a little surprised at the choice of Alex. Not that I have a problem with him, but that's not who I would expect to start with.

They probably chose Alex since he's the protagonist, hero and lead playable character of Lunar:SSS. If the poll for Alex is successful and his statue sells well, I imagine the next logical choice for development would be Luna, and then other fan favorite characters.

Also, these are not just any ordinary figurines, they are hefty, large, premium, handpainted, limited edition, heirloom museum quality statement pieces, depending on the size prices can range from $150 - $700. Here for example is the CEO Alex Davis and his partner in crime Chockles with Nintendo's Bowser statue:

You can get a sense for their scale variation looking through First4Figures YouTube channel videos, some of them feature the team members showcasing the pieces at the time of preorders: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHneP ... 0pWnyPfL6Q
That does make sense why they picked him probably.

Of course I'd be interested myself. I'm interested in nearly everything Lunar. XD

Fledge
Burg Farmer

Post by Fledge »

MaroonChan wrote: That does make sense why they picked him probably.

Of course I'd be interested myself. I'm interested in nearly everything Lunar. XD
Me too! :D I normally wouldn't go to all this trouble rallying for a product, but I absolutely love Lunar and what GameArts did for JRPG's, beautiful premium merchandise all these years later for my favorite works from that golden generation would be incredible.

Recently it seems there's been revived interest in new merchandise for these beloved cult classics. JRPG's like Skies of Arcadia and GameArts very own Grandia recently received lavish vinyl record releases from Wayo, I'm really hoping Lunar gets similar treatment... with an OST featuring both the original English and Japanese image songs, that would be great.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Oh cool I didn't know that. Shame I don't do vinyls.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I actually meant to order that Grandia soundtrack (on CD, not vinyl) for my husband and ordered the music box instead. I might still order it on CD.

Here's the link to their Iwadare stuff. You'll want to pay attention to "Twelve Doors" -- it has some Lunar tracks on it. (It has not yet shipped, to my knowledge.)
https://www.wayorecords.com/en/43-noriyuki-iwadare

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Oh, meant to add, regarding the statues, I guess I would've expected Nall or Luna first. I mean, I like Alex, but he's kinda quiet. Though maybe Nall would be included on Alex's shoulder or something.

Fledge
Burg Farmer

Post by Fledge »

MaroonChan wrote:Oh cool I didn't know that. Shame I don't do vinyls.
If you don't collect vinyl, Wayo also simultaneously released a lovely CD soundtrack compilation as well:

It's still available on their website here: https://www.wayorecords.com/en/cd-tapes ... ition.html

Same is true for Skies of Arcadia, if anyone is interested:

Which is also available on the Wayo website here: https://www.wayorecords.com/en/wayo-rec ... ition.html

Fledge
Burg Farmer

Post by Fledge »

Alunissage wrote:I actually meant to order that Grandia soundtrack (on CD, not vinyl) for my husband and ordered the music box instead. I might still order it on CD.
https://www.wayorecords.com/en/43-noriyuki-iwadare
:shock: Wow, the music box! That's a gorgeous (and very pricey) collector's item, that's a lovely and very thoughtful gift! I hope to get one some day, that and the Skies of Arcadia music box as well are grail pieces for me.
Alunissage wrote:Oh, meant to add, regarding the statues, I guess I would've expected Nall or Luna first. I mean, I like Alex, but he's kinda quiet. Though maybe Nall would be included on Alex's shoulder or something.
If they make Alex's statue then having Nall with him on his shoulder is an absolute must. :D Would also be amazing if the base would be them standing on the iconic cliff outside Burg village with Dyne's memorial and sword, looking out to the horizon. Having Luna as a statue is an absolute must for me as well, I'd be happy to have either of them in any order as they're both beloved characters and it's been so long since real merchandise has been made for the series. I hope the poll for Alex goes well, if a statue gets made and it performs well in the market then other characters in the series are practically guaranteed.

One of the benefits of being in the First4Figures Facebook group is that members can make suggestions on the direction and development of a piece, which they often will take into consideration and implement. I've even personally made visual tweaks to their 3D models that they've approved into production. There's a weekly tradition called "F4Funday" where every Sunday all members can make posts suggesting statues of characters/franchises they want made, if there's enough clamoring around a suggestion they'll consider making an official poll to gauge community interest (which is what happened for Alex here, someone suggested him on a F4Funday and there was enough interest to prompt a poll). It's amazing the amount of interactivity there is with their business and it's one of the reasons they're a favorite of mine.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Ooo, cool. Might have to get that Grandia cd set. XD