pick a new life in anime or video games

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Kale
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Kale »

Angelalex242 wrote:Besides the obvious...

I'm very fond of Cecil's life (FFIV)

Lol, Man I would be Kain!
"I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but...What kind of Cheesy poof is that!?"
~Ruby, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue after meeting Mystere

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Kizyr wrote:You gotta be kidding me. The answer to this is so obvious, the question practically answers itself.

Larry from Leisure Suit Larry. KF

Yeah, I'd agree with that.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Larry is hardly good looking, I fail to see how he gets any at all.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

phyco126 wrote:Larry is hardly good looking, I fail to see how he gets any at all.

He doesn't. That's why it's not a good choice :P AFAIK, the only time he's gotten any is in the new game that takes place in college.
-Rich-

Post by Guest »

Well there is quite a few video game lives i'd like to live
1. Hiro (from lunar ebc)
2.Keitaro Urashima (from Love Hina though i'm not immortal like him so i'd most likely die or at least have a quite a few broken bones)
3.Issac (from Golden Sun cause I want to be able to use psynergy)\
4.Dart (from Legend Of Dragoon)
5.I also think that the world of Pokemon world be a cool place to live in provided I get Lugia

Um..... I think thats about it if I think of any more I won't add them.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

drumlord wrote:
phyco126 wrote:Larry is hardly good looking, I fail to see how he gets any at all.

He doesn't. That's why it's not a good choice :P AFAIK, the only time he's gotten any is in the new game that takes place in college.

You forget in the very first Leisure Suit Larry. He got with two people. Granted, one was a paid exchange and could kill you... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Yeah, I remember the one where you get a private booth at some restuarant. I think the game was on a floppy disk, the one Kiz mentions sounds familiar.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

For anime, I wouldn't mind being Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket for a day. ^^ That's currently my favorite anime/manga.

As for videogame, Rikku from Final Fantasy X/X-2 comes into mind, but I'm not sure... >__O

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

For a video game, no contest. I'd want to live in the Lunar world. Although other choices that aren't half bad would be Phantasy Star II before the collapse and Skies of Arcadia. Grandia I's world also wouldn't be half bad. :) No specific character though -- just random adventurer dude (they gotta have them, even if they aren't Dragonmaster-ish material, right?).

As far as anime, I'd have to go with a crewmember about the Space Battleship Yamato or Captain Harlock's Arcadia. I love space, I love Matsumoto anime, and well, saving the world or being a space pirate are both really cool.
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

knuckles90
Lostest Boy

Post by knuckles90 »

Man i would love to live in like ffvii cause i mean i love that game since i was like 7 and still play it to this day. anime...kenshin no doubt...

Hiro-67
Student of Vane

Post by Hiro-67 »

cowboy bebop would be kool too, in the future and stuff? plus being spike would be awsome to know all that karate and gun techniques.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Oh my, I never saw the Anime part in there. Well, heres mine (and probably worse than FFVII fans): Goku :D I mean, sure I would die alot, but I would still be able to kill things :)

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

But Phyco, would the eternal constipation and wear and tear on your vocal cords from all the screaming REALLY be worth it?

And, the elastic property of time... '5 minutes' lasting...several episodes...
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Several episodes? That was when DBZ was pre-freeza saga :P Post-freeza saga was more like 15 episodes :) And the classic dialog of most americanized anime series that I have seen (I.E. Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, DBZ, but mostly Yu-gi-oh I'm making fun of here ;) )

Bad guy: "Oh no, this can not be, I have been defeated!
Good Guy: HAHA!
Bad guy: "unless... Yes! I have managed to pick with pure luck that dragon card! now my near death thingies are at full health, can morph into one creature, and become the most strongest thing possible in the game!
Good guy: WHat? No! Impossible! I cannot defeat him.
Bad guy: Meet your doom!
Good guy: HAH! But I have drawn the instant kill card, a card so rare only 5 of them was made!
Bad guy: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:lol:

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

LMAO!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: It's so true! Newgrounds has a really good yugioh flash that makes fun of that too, here's the link if you feel like watching it:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/243513

And part 2:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/243926

My little brother showed it to me, we get a kick out of it every time. :wink:
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Thanks for the links, I'll watch them later. I'm having trouble seeing straight and understanding things at the moment....

Jyd3n
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jyd3n »

For me, I would want to be either Keitaro Urashima or Duo Maxwell for the anime and for the video game I would say Dart from Legend of Dragoon ( or any main male character in a Lunar game)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Oooh, anime... yeah, I would either be Quatre from Gundam Wing, or perhaps Parn from Record of Lodoss War.

No, no! Wait. Um... Lord Yupa, the Swordmaster from Nausicaa. Or...
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Wolfman_Samurai
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Wolfman_Samurai »

I know the game I want to live in. FF8. I want to be a SeeD. That or SNK vs. Capcom

As far as anime hmmm... thats a though one there are ALOT of cool anime worlds. I'm gonna havta go on a limb and say I would love to have the life of Tenchi (from Tenchi Universe). Not for the girls fighting over me but for the honor of being a legendary hero. ...and the girls. :wink:

You know as far as childhood favorites goes ... I wanna be a Power Ranger. You may begin laghing know.

Zeran Of The Divine Blade
Burg Farmer

Post by Zeran Of The Divine Blade »

hey im sooo glad my topic had been thriving...... you see my computer crashed about 2 weeks ago so i been gone awhile ahhhhhh its so good to be back well please keep my topic alive........ ras tel mascir magister