New here.

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
ChaosWolf
Burg Farmer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

New here.

Post by ChaosWolf »

Hello I am new here. I have all the Lunar games including Lunar Legend and Dragon Song. It's one of my all time favorite RPGs.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Welcome to the boards! It's a wee bit slow right now, but I blame the holidays for that :P

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Hey there, welcome to the board :)

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Yes... the holidays... that's it. Let's all blame the holidays... or maybe the fact that Lunar DS is over and done with, it was nothing big, and we have no idea if Lunar will ever continue. Probably not with the company changes etc. :x

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

phyco126 wrote:Welcome to the boards! It's a wee bit slow right now, but I blame the holidays for that :P

A bit slow... are you sure you don't mean slow like molasses being poured uphill in a New England winter?
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

It really is just the holiday I believe. The place was hopping up until a week or two ago. Perhaps some of it is all the Lunar DS stuff dying down.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, I was relieved when I finally checked around Sunday and found that I only had 53 posts to read instead of a hundred or so.

Anordin
Pao Hunter

Post by Anordin »

Welcome to the boards. I'd say something witty or insightful but then I'd have to charge you. Nothing personal, just business.
Heaven does not speak. It simply showed its will by his personal conduct and his conduct of affairs.
-Mencius, Bk V, Chap V, Legge Translation

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Anordin wrote:Welcome to the boards. I'd say something witty or insightful but then I'd have to charge you. Nothing personal, just business.

Really? What are your rates at the moment? :D

Seriously though, I've noticed the slow down too... Curses, DS curses!

Anordin
Pao Hunter

Post by Anordin »

Depends on how much you're willing to spend...a few silver goes a long way.

Here's a 'free' sample: Traditionally, women have been seen as stereotypically 'evil' and males as 'good.' That being said, has there ever been a cult worshipping the Dragonmasters in constrast/conjunction to the Goddess Althena? (Barring the fact that there may have been female Dragonmasters in the past...)

I'd go on, but then it would cost you.
Heaven does not speak. It simply showed its will by his personal conduct and his conduct of affairs.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Anordin wrote:Here's a 'free' sample: Traditionally, women have been seen as stereotypically 'evil' and males as 'good.' That being said, has there ever been a cult worshipping the Dragonmasters in constrast/conjunction to the Goddess Althena? (Barring the fact that there may have been female Dragonmasters in the past...)

Already there are problems with that... It depends on what "tradition" you're talking about. Take Egyptian mythology, for instance: the chief antagonistic deity was male--Set--and his antithesis was Isis. There's a lot that can go for Greco-Roman mythology as well. Even in Lunar, Althena is female, while Zophar is...

...ok, bad example.

Anyway, women are occasionally seen as being temptresses or whatnot in older texts, and this comes up with the Three Sisters (or two, really) of the Vile Tribe. But that definitely doesn't seem the general case for the Lunar world. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Anordin wrote:Depends on how much you're willing to spend...a few silver goes a long way.

Here's a 'free' sample: Traditionally, women have been seen as stereotypically 'evil' and males as 'good.' That being said, has there ever been a cult worshipping the Dragonmasters in constrast/conjunction to the Goddess Althena? (Barring the fact that there may have been female Dragonmasters in the past...)

I'd go on, but then it would cost you.

Aye, I'm going with Kiz. In Greek mythology, a lot of the gods and goddesses possess aspects of a very ancient blending of an Earth mother and Sky father (I'm not talking about Ge or Ouranos). So you have Zeus and Hera married together, and aspects of the earth mother in Artemis, Aphrodite, Demeter (major ones there), and Athena. And the earth mother, from what I know, isn't bad.

Welcome to the board! :D
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Anordin
Pao Hunter

Post by Anordin »

Hey, it's free. You get what you pay for...