Another Lunar fan Joins the roster

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
RPGMan
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Another Lunar fan Joins the roster

Post by RPGMan »

Hi all :)

This is RPGMan, or Mike whichever you prefer. I am 16, I have played lunar for about 1 month. I first played it one time when I rented the game, I thought it was okay. I didnt like the overpowered monsters too much and the battles were a bit tedious, seriously I didn't know why :wink: lol. I was bored one time with like 130# to spend and lsssc was 60$ so I went to the store and got it. I am not very far in it, I am at the sewers chasing drossen or w/e his name was who stole the dragon crystal. By what I have played it is a GREAT game, I now like the battles and the overpowered monsters, makes it a challenge. Well, not too much of a challenge, I spent around 5 hours AI battleing and uber leveled up lol. I have read fanfics of Lunar so I know most of the storyline already, but the game is great, I like the old school graphics and the movie scenes. Well I hope you all enjoy my stay here :D

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Welcome to the board. In my opinion, the gameplay in the beginning of the game is a <I>bit</I> tedious. That's partly how it retains its old-school charm, though. I hope you enjoy the rest of the game. I think it only get better from where you're at now.

Also, you should definitely get the sequel when you have the time/money/will.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

AI battles? Ewwww, the AI is too stupid for that. I always did manuel since I figured out that I could defeat a boss without breaking a sweat if I didn't go AI (because the AI would just get killed.) Yet to each his own I suppose. :D I never thought the game tedious at all, as a matter of fact it was one of the funnest games I've ever played (now FFVII was tedious.)

By the way, I'm Phyco126, I'm a Dragonmaster, Bunnymaster, seaweed, and other things I forget. Kazie is my whitebunny friend, and LuNaRtIc is my singing Diva (since my childhood sweetheart decided to run away with that fat prick called Ramus to Meribia.)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

About the tedious remark, I just meant the gameplay. I never thought the story was tedious. It was just something that I had to endure in the beginning as I was constantly pwned in the White Dragon Cave. But Lunar is like Earthbound, I will endure the slight annoyances in the gameplay for the overall experience. Or maybe... I just suck at RPGs.

RPGMan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by RPGMan »

Thanks guys :)

And Werefrog, I don't think you suck at them, earthbound is hard if you don't level. It is an awesome game though 8)

Phyc, I meant I use the AI battles to train. I dont use it on bosses or when I am progressing through the game, that takes the fun out of it. And yes the AI is quite stupid lol. I would beg to differ on the FFVII thin, but I will save that for another day :wink:

Oooo do i smell a mini character bio? :D Lol. I am Dravyien Volerous Aldrian Kain, A Zelean who has fused a vampire and a werewolf together. I am 3764 years old and am partnered with a half vamp half demon girl. Zetsumei no Yakubyogamai. (plague of death in japanese) she 8762 btw. She was half human half demon, normally demon and vamp blood does not mix, but she was a very high class of demon and the vampires who slaughtered her fam were also a pure breed high class vampire. The one vamp that was supposedf to kill her. Nachtum E' Velrick decided to conduct an expirement. He was going to make her a demon/vamp slave, she managed to get away barely with her twin sis' help. She is about 4'5'' tall, has the REALLY springy curly hair. it is a raven's black. like a DEEP black with a slight blue tint. She is extremely sadistic and evil. she has that weird monotone voice, like that evil one pitch no emotion type a thing goin on. Her name is derived from her evil ways. She carries a teddy bear in her left aerm all the time. Its stomach is ripped open, and one of the eyes is sewn on like a voodoo doll. the other is an actuall eyeball with a vein that can see through walls and stuff. its left ear is like bitten in half too. She can summon a plague of locusts out from the teddy bears stomach to kill towns and such, she is kind of like an angel iof death. He also has a big weird transformation a half demon half vamp thing, ooo btw the teddy bear kills kids for her. she lets go of the teddy and it manifests a scythe and wings. Aldrian Kain for short. Has long black flowning hair to his mid back. He usually retains his human form. but has others. Zeleans are a race of pure magic who reside on vorgenthelle. The are gods there, the planet is magic itself, so they control it. Their only weakness is if they planeshift. They lose virtually all of their power and cannot retain a physical form. They look like little balls of light. How they get some of their power back is by taking bodies over. They like to take more evil races, becuase it is taking over the body :P So Aldrian Took a werewolf and a vampire. I have written a book on these two, there is a reason aldrian had to leave etc. but that would make this post even longer lol. Those are my 2 main rp chars.

Yeah just the gameplay is a bit tedious int he beginning. But as you said, old school nostolgia :D Yes it is a great game, I am going to try to play it tonight again.

Nall.TWK
Lostest Boy

Post by Nall.TWK »

leveling up in the first cave after burg in the beginning of the game was a bit of a pain. But I was enjoying the game too much already. Some of the bosses weren't too big of a deal actually. But some were hard too.
君と私でヒューヒューあつい鼓動刻んだら可愛い猫耳つけて二人でゴロゴロしましょう♪

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I thought some of the bosses where hard... until I played EBC, lol. I didn't mind leveling up in the White Dragon Cave though, it was actually kinda cool to leave burg with the top of the line gear. Usually I have top of the line gear up till right after Meribia, then I start having trouble keeping up because by then I don't want to level up, haha.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Nall.TWK
Lostest Boy

Post by Nall.TWK »

EBC had some powerful bosses. was recently playing Eternal Blue for Sega CD, and Borgan kept killing me off, with his gravity spell. I finally lucked out in one battle with hiro as the only survivor.

lost_f0n_drive
Lostest Boy

Post by lost_f0n_drive »

Yeah, i've never played sega cd eternal blue, but i've heard stories about how cheap Borgan is with his gravity bomb spell.

Grey Fox
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Grey Fox »

Welcome to the boards good sir, please make sure your tray is in the upright position and your window in the down and open position. We will be traveling at speeds twice the speed of sound, so please, have a nice flight.
No ma'am...no your computer isn't broken, you are...

Nall.TWK
Lostest Boy

Post by Nall.TWK »

Ludicrous Speed...GO!!

My brains..are going into my feet!

Grey Fox
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Grey Fox »

Nall.TWK wrote:Ludicrous Speed...GO!!

My brains..are going into my feet!
They went so fast that they've gone plaid!
No ma'am...no your computer isn't broken, you are...