Hello fellow Lunar gamers!

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
luna
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Hello fellow Lunar gamers!

Post by luna »

Hi! I'm luna, but my real name is Mady. I live in South Florida and like Luna and Alex, I am a songwriter.

I first fell for Lunar on the Sega CD, then I loved it even more on the PSX.

The thing I like most about Lunar is that it was so very musical throughout the adventure. It gave the story such magic, hope and emotional power.

I had Working Designs' Vay for Sega CD as well, and I liked it, but Lunar was the one I would play over and over.

I remember when people would tell me about how great the story was for FFVII and I would just say, "Yeah, but I bet Lunar SSS beats it..." Now that I've played FFVII, I know it does.

Kakoloukia
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Kakoloukia »

Hi there, I'm a newcomer too. Everything you said that's appealing about Lunar, I couldn't have put it better myself. It's just got this timeless and compelling fairy-tale quality about it. Something I can't quite say about most other RPGs.

And yes, Lunar trumps FFVII's often-overrated hide any day! :wink:
Uwe Boll brainstorming for Lunar: Silver Star Movie

Rick Astley as Alex, casting White Dragon Protect.

AlexofBurg
Lostest Boy

Post by AlexofBurg »

Hey, I'm pretty new too.
I pretty much agree, too. But, I gotta say, I love FFVII. Unfortunately, it suffers from TERRIBLE localization. Square-Enix re-he-he-he-heally could have used Working Designs' mad translation/localization skillz.

I love them both though pretty much equally though. But, Lunar clearly wins in the translation department.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

If FFVII had and option to turn off their censors, then I would probably rate it at least 1 point higher. Not that I hate it, just, so many other games that I love more. With Lunar being the top series and SSSC being my favorite. :D

South Florida huh? What part/county/whatever? I used to live in Florida many many many years ago. I miss it. Of course, I don't miss the heat. And the humidity. And the fire ants. And the sandburs. And the heavily clorinated water to drink. And...

Hehe, seriously though, I love it and miss it. Though Colorado is my home now. :)

Anyway, welcome to the boards! I, I think I'm done with friendship rings. Time to bring out the newest form of welcomes from me! In due time however, so for now, you new people will have to settle with a friendly greeting from me *gasp!* and everyone hitting me and smiting me :D

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Plantella
Lann Fisherman

Post by Plantella »

phyco126 wrote:If FFVII had and option to turn off their censors, then I would probably rate it at least 1 point higher.

FFVII had an option to turn off the cursing Id rate it higher. There was too much anger in that game for my taste.

Welcome to the boards!!

AlexofBurg
Lostest Boy

Post by AlexofBurg »

Plantella wrote: FFVII had an option to turn off the cursing Id rate it higher. There was too much anger in that game for my taste.

Welcome to the boards!!

It wasn't so much the cursing that bothered me, it was the fact that they bleeped it out. "That stupid #$%&" coming from Barret/Cid every five minutes got in the way. Either have the stones to put the word, or substitute it for a word you CAN put.

That said, I really love the complexity of the backstory that they put in there. Some might say it's too much, being as they've churned out spinoff after spinoff and they STILL haven't explored it all yet.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I did like FFVII, but not nearly as well as the other Final Fantasies. FFIX and FFVI are SO much better than FFVII. The Lunar games triump over FFVII by a million years. :P

Anyway, welcome to Lunar-net! :)

luna
Meryod Yokel

Post by luna »

phyco126 wrote:
South Florida huh? What part/county/whatever? I used to live in Florida many many many years ago. I miss it. Of course, I don't miss the heat. And the humidity. And the fire ants. And the sandburs. And the heavily clorinated water to drink. And...

Hehe, seriously though, I love it and miss it. Though Colorado is my home now. :)
:) I live in Broward county. Colorado would be a treat right now against all this summer heat! :wink:

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

luna wrote: :) I live in Broward county. Colorado would be a treat right now against all this summer heat! :wink:
I used to live in Polk County.

Don't let Colorado fool you, sometimes we get hotter than Florida. Though it has been rather cool lately due to the incredible and joyful amount we've been recieving this year. It's been raining just about every day, give or take a few days scattered through-out the past two months.

luna
Meryod Yokel

Post by luna »

We've been getting a lot of rain, too. But now, I think we've hit a few days dry spell :(

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

phyco126 wrote:Don't let Colorado fool you, sometimes we get hotter than Florida. Though it has been rather cool lately due to the incredible and joyful amount we've been recieving this year. It's been raining just about every day, give or take a few days scattered through-out the past two months.
It's been weird like that here too. It's still been warm, but we've gotten a rainstorm at least every two days for the past 2 months or so. What really sucks is when it's so clear there's not a cloud in the sky at noon at lunch, so I leave my windows down just a bit, and come 4 someone tells me it's pouring outside, and I have to make a v-line through the parking lot to get my windows back up.
-G1

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Ha! MA is actually frequently hotter than Florida during summer.

Welcome to the boards :D

Play Lunar: Eternal Blue if you haven't already. It's great.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Nall.TWK
Lostest Boy

Post by Nall.TWK »

I've lived in Colorado for quite some time. I know in Denver it gets pretty hot. Sometimes I didn't want to go outside because of the heat.

FF7 used to be my favorite game. But it's been so long since I played it. I've never seen so much cursing and anger. :P. And Cloud seemed to have some issues if I remember right. That game was different than any other FF I've played.
I still think FF4,5,6 are great games. I still find it hard to get into any of the ps2 games. Games I enjoyed most either came from Sega Genesis(mostly sonic and shinobi) snes and ps1, Lunar SSSC and EBC definitely being one of them. I never had the chance to own a Sega CD so I didn't get to play the Lunar games on them until I got an emulator.

btw welcome to the boards
君と私でヒューヒューあつい鼓動刻んだら可愛い猫耳つけて二人でゴロゴロしましょう♪

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Welcome welcome! Lunar wins over Final Fantasy any time. :D
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Nall.TWK wrote:I've lived in Colorado for quite some time. I know in Denver it gets pretty hot. Sometimes I didn't want to go outside because of the heat.
What part of Colorado do you live in? Obviously phyco lives there, and I'll probably be living there within the next year or so.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

GhaleonOne wrote: It's been weird like that here too. It's still been warm, but we've gotten a rainstorm at least every two days for the past 2 months or so. What really sucks is when it's so clear there's not a cloud in the sky at noon at lunch, so I leave my windows down just a bit, and come 4 someone tells me it's pouring outside, and I have to make a v-line through the parking lot to get my windows back up.
Yeah, then sudden;y here it stopped. It would thunder and lightening, be really dark outside when it should be the brightest, but nothing much happens. It went from being very nice out side and extremely green with Fountain Creek raging as rapids and very high to it's normal state and it being yellow and dry all over in just 2 weeks. :(

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

phyco126 wrote:Fountain Creek raging as rapids and very high
That makes for great white water rafting though. I want to do that again this year if I get time. It's a blast!

Oh, and Nall, disregard my original retarded question. If I had a brain and actually looked at your Location in your profile, it says Denver. :P
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Fountain creek is a rather sandy small-river sized creek than a stony white water type. However, Colorado Springs put water barriers throughout the creek as it runs by downtown, so when the water gets high, it cascades over the barriers as major rapid/waterfalls.

Nall.TWK
Lostest Boy

Post by Nall.TWK »

lol, no problem GhaleonOne. I would've answered anyway, I also didn't think to look at my profile. Yeah I live in Denver. but I've been seeing other parts of Colorado just recently(Which explains why I take this long to respond :P). I've been driving a semi truck(I'm still with a trainer) back and forth between Salt Lake(and other nearby cities) in Utah, and Pueblo Colorado delivering loads for Target. Sometimes we'd take I-70 to Colorado, and take Highway 50 and go through towns like Grand Junction, and Gunnison all the way to Pueblo and then go back to Utah. It's really nice to go through there, but it also takes a while because it's in the mountains, and there are a lot of sharp curves. Then there are times we'd go through 1-25 to i-80 in Wyoming all the way to Utah and back. I think I even passed Colorado Springs a few times.

What part of Colorado do you plan to live?
君と私でヒューヒューあつい鼓動刻んだら可愛い猫耳つけて二人でゴロゴロしましょう♪

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Sharp mountain curves? Indeed, though I really like how some parts of western I-70 look, with the railroad below the east bound lanes, the east bound underneath the west bound lanes, so it looks almost stacked. Very nice views in some areas. I really like highway 24 west though, great views.

Back to the sharp mountain curves... yeah it really isn't recommended going 80+ MPH after it rains up there, lol.