We've gotten a lot of new users...

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

We've gotten a lot of new users...

Post by Kizyr »

I just want to welcome en masse all the new users here.

Right before the re-launch of the 10-year edition of LunarNET, the boards were slowing down, particularly in terms of new folks joining up. I mean, 90% of our new registers were spambots, then 95%, then 99.9%. So, I'm happy to see more folks joining the boards, and what looks like plenty more interest in the site itself. (It's also generating some new content for us to add, many thanks to some users.)

I'm wondering, for some of y'all that've joined up in just the past month, did you find the forums just after the re-launch? Or were you lurking before, and just decided to join up now? (Or, did you join before, and I accidentally deleted your account?) Just out of curiousity. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Re: We've gotten a lot of new users...

Post by phyco126 »

Well then, welcome all the new users! I think I will enjoy having something to eat again... I mean, yeah, eat. *munches on Ozone*

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

I will admit that I have been a lurker here since the beginning! LOL. I THINK I did once, long ago, sign up to the forums, put never really posted anything. I guess since Ive been on a "uploading video" kick lately, it made me get all sentimental for all things Lunar again...
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

HiroOne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by HiroOne »

I've been around since the old Althena's Court Online message boards, but really havn't been active. You've seen me on and off throughout the years. I blame online mmorpgs. I don't think that's going to change completely, but now that I am a part of a philly cosplay group, anime and games are going to be a bigger part of my life so you might see me dwelling around here a bit more often =]

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

HiroOne wrote:I blame online mmorpgs.

I'm so glad i chose being a stoner over playing games like WoW and FFXI. Humorously, i compare my friends on both ends of the spectrum and the WoWzers (am i original with this?) are the ones that need to get their priorities straight the most.

HiroOne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by HiroOne »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
HiroOne wrote:I blame online mmorpgs.

I'm so glad i chose being a stoner over playing games like WoW and FFXI. Humorously, i compare my friends on both ends of the spectrum and the WoWzers (am i original with this?) are the ones that need to get their priorities straight the most.
WoW is definitely something that I'm a part of, but I've gotten to a very strong point about it. I'm good at it, very powerful in my class and do great in arenas, but I can pass up an instance run or a raid to sit down and watch Mobile Suit Gundam, or play Final Fantasy VII, or go to the stove and cook a real meal. Warcraft is not a priority in my life as it is in others and honestly with the new anime group I'm associated with, I might just kick it altogether.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

If a decent Lunar mmo ever happens, i'll be another lost soul, though.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

phyco126 wrote:Well then, welcome all the new users! I think I will enjoy having something to eat again... I mean, yeah, eat. *munches on Ozone*
Only Julie is allowed to do that, and she's not here. Bad Phyco. *swats Phyco with a rolled up newspaper*
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

nothing says it like the iconic rolled up newspaper.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

I've been to the site MANY times before. I dunno, I guess I was just too lazy to sign up until recently. I'm glad I did though.
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

AlexHiro4 wrote:I've been to the site MANY times before. I dunno, I guess I was just too lazy to sign up until recently. I'm glad I did though.
I'm just sorry I took a week to finally activate your account...

Seriously, I gotta make a reminder to check the inactive list every time I sign in. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

It's cool man. I'm sure you have better stuff to do than check up on new member activations EVERY day. Lol. By the way, I sent you another email earlier this morning about Magical School Lunar and SEga Saturn stuff. Just give me your input when you get the time. Thanks!
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

AlexHiro4 wrote:It's cool man. I'm sure you have better stuff to do than check up on new member activations EVERY day. Lol. By the way, I sent you another email earlier this morning about Magical School Lunar and SEga Saturn stuff. Just give me your input when you get the time. Thanks!
Well yeah, but I'd imagine its a disincentive to be waiting for like a week before being able to join.

Regarding your email, I'll get back to it later today. But I'll post the same thing on the boards as well, since I think it's probably stuff others are interested in as well. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)