Yo, Wha's Happ'nin?

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
SnickieX
Burg Farmer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Yo, Wha's Happ'nin?

Post by SnickieX »

I, uh, beat SSSC (The remake of Silver Star) and was rather lurking 'round the 'net looking for any prospective news of either another remake (Imagine having the whole game in the same style as the FMV's, except battles against regular enemies. But not the whole "Real as Life" 3D, that'd ruin it.) Or another Lunar game, period. =\ No news, Gaijinworks seems to be dead before it began, and I need to get another metal plate for my genesis so I can play Silver Star on the Sega CD (The little metal plate that goes under a Genesis 1 and hooks into the side mount Sega CD)

Eternal Blue Complete is like $120+, so that's out of the question for awhile, unless either Nall plays a big part, (By big, I mean comic relief, like in SSSC) Or Ruby fills that role. (Nall + Fish = Priceless...That kind of thing grows on ya.)

If you read that, congratulations. =P I'm uh...18, although I have the mentality of about a 16 year old, Avid gamer, things such as that. Oh! I use too many smileys. :mrgreen: I only played RPG's a little bit when I first got my hands on either Lunar SS or SSSC, but hey, I can now say I've beat a non-Star Wars RPG. =| (I talk/type a lot, too.)

Oh, is Gaijinworks dead, or are they working on something?

P.S. If any of you know where to get the metal thing that goes on the bottom of the genesis into a side mount Sega CD, please, by all means, feel free to enlighten me.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Re: Yo, Wha's Happ'nin?

Post by ilovemyguitar »

SnickieX wrote:Eternal Blue Complete is like $120+, so that's out of the question for awhile, unless either Nall plays a big part, (By big, I mean comic relief, like in SSSC) Or Ruby fills that role. (Nall + Fish = Priceless...That kind of thing grows on ya.)
I think you'll find that Ruby is every bit as hilarious as Nall was in Lunar 1, but in a very different way. She knows from the start that she's a baby red dragon, and is even introduced as such in the game's opening narration by the protagonist Hiro, and thus has developed a bit more of an attitude than Nall ever had. Also, where Nall had the love of fish, Ruby has an unhealthy devotion to and possessiveness over Hiro.

Trust me. Ruby = funny. Also, Ronfar = even funnier.

Ruby + Ronfar / arguing = explosive funniness.
SnickieX wrote:P.S. If any of you know where to get the metal thing that goes on the bottom of the genesis into a side mount Sega CD, please, by all means, feel free to enlighten me.
I don't know where you can get that particular piece, but a simpler (and cheaper) way to go about playing Sega CD games, provided you have the actual game discs, is through emulation. It's perfectly legal, as long as the only thing you're downloading is the emulator itself and not any games. I recommend Gens; I'm using it to play through Lunar 2 right now, in fact.

SnickieX
Burg Farmer

Post by SnickieX »

I'll be buying EBC next month, more than likely, then. :mrgreen:

And an emulator...well it's just not the same sitting in a leather chair hitting keys as it is sitting in a comfy chair with a controller in your hand, but provided Lunar and the others still work, that may just well be my choice when I get all the parts for my new PC. (Old one blew up thanks to a bad power supply.)

Here's to hoping Vic still has some old Sega CD and PS1 Lunar games next month. :D (On ebay, that is!) Wonder if he'd reply to random emails about if Gaijinworks is working on something...Probably not.

Oi, Yes you! You, the one that loves your guitar! Thanks! :mrgreen:

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Well, Gens+ (available on Zophar's Domain -- link) works incredibly well. I use it instead of my Sega CD, since it works so much better. That and, if I plug in my USB controller and plug my computer into the television, there's hardly any difference.

Also, I greatly prefer the story of EB over TSS/SSS. So if you've never played it, then it's well worth the price.

Eternal Blue and Eternal Blue Complete, in fact, are the only two games I'd rate a 10/10 (though Tales of Phantasia comes very close). They're the best games I've ever played. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lutomboy »

Welcome
And trust me EBC is just as good as SSSC, you will love the opening scene

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Hey, welcome to the forums. Good luck on trying to play your game again. :D

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Hello! Welcome to L-Net! *gives cookie*

EBC is awesome. It may be expensive, but its worth it. ^_^

SnickieX
Burg Farmer

Post by SnickieX »

Cookie! =3

I may get EBC with an autograph...if it's not too awfully expensive...Wonder why he's selling those games at those prices, he could even be rolling out new discs, and not just have 'em held somewhere, that'd rock.

Thus far, the only game(s) that's come close to a 10/10 would be SSSC...And that's really it, there hasn't been another game that kept me that interested that long, unless it was a FPS especially one with the name of Serious Sam (Interested for different reasons, though.)

I'll definitely be buying EBC next month, autograph is optional, though.