Hello LunarThreads :)

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
PKChristina
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Hello LunarThreads :)

Post by PKChristina »

Hi LunarThreads folks! My name is Christina, I'm 24, and have been a Lunar fan since SSSC. :)

Hmm... my favorite characters are Jessica and Ghaleon... um... I'm really enjoying Silver Star Harmony even though I have trouble making time to play handhelds so I'm not very far... I'm terrible at introductions :P

I run a gaming blog with my fianceé, PK Bloggin'!, it's only a few months going now so it's still small, but we hope it's going places. I primarily handle design and code for it and that sort of thing, since I'm a graphic designer, but I've done a few real posts as well... If you check out the Archive and go to the "Christina" category (Yes, I gave myself my own category :P) you can find a nice retrospective about Lunar: The Silver Star and its many iterations, as well as an interview with XSEED Games' Jessica Chavez about Lunar and the localization process in general.. So that's kinda interesting.. ^^

I don't really know what else to say.. I live in Boston, and am very excited for the upcoming PAX East that's taking place here (Anybody else going?)... I have a degree in graphic design, I work in the print industry (reluctantly), aspire to work from home eventually if I can design some awesome stuff, I like anime, manga, video games, singing, and drawing... I have forum ADD but I try to make a few posts a week, at least. I guess that's it, really ^^;

Hope my avatar and signature are within forum policy, I just copied over what I use on a different forum. :P Any inquiries feel free to ask, I look forward to chatting with you all!

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: Hello LunarThreads :)

Post by Sonic# »

PAX East! I wish I could go, partly (okay, mostly) because Wil Wheaton's going to be there. Hope you enjoy it!

PK Bloggin' - I'll check it out after I post this. Is the title in reference to Earthbound?

Otherwise, welcome! Good to see other 24 year olds around. (There probably are several.)
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

PKChristina
Meryod Yokel

Post by PKChristina »

Yess it's very exciting that Wil Wheaton's going to be the keynote speaker! I hope it'll be a good time. As excited as I am for it, I had to choose between PAX and Anime Boston (which I've attended for the past 4 or 5 years) since we can't really afford both, soo... it better live up to my expectations! >_> Hehe.

Yes, the title (and layout!) are inspired by Earthbound :3 I'm a gigantic Earthbound fan, and I've converted my fianceé into one, too! Now to do the same with Lunar.. (muahaha.)

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Welcome! So you interviewed Jess, huh? That's pretty awesome {^^}.

Hope you enjoy this place.

EDIT: And this just reminds me that I haven't been activating new users in a week... sorry! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Welcome to L-Net! *PKChristina a welcome cookie*

I have poked around classes in the printing industry myself, but then I decided it really isn't something I want to mess with (still have a shirt and a bunch of stickers I made though). It was fun to make those stickers and the shirt though.

I also wanted to do Graphic Design, but the way my college has it set up will interfere with my financial aid, so then that was out of the question. Now I'm just kind of floating and need to figure out what I'm doing. ^^;

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Welcomes! *waves*

Old_School
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Old_School »

Welcome to the boards! You're going to like it here.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

If you ever need a game review posted to your blog that's uniquely worded, come see me. I'll make about a thousand analogies.

Other than that, welcome.

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

Ha, I knew that was an Earthbound reference.

Welcome. :)
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Welcome ;)

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

Welcome! Love the Pokemon sprite in your sig!

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

PK Bloggin'! That's such an awesome name. Welcome!