Lurker says what?

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
Anordin
Pao Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lurker says what?

Post by Anordin »

So I figure I'd properly introduce myself or something. Not exactly sure what to say. Just only been introduced to the Lunar series through the PSX remakes. Currently going through the the epilogue of Eternal Blue. I'll look for the original SegaCD versions to compare and contrast soon (through unofficial means).

Not much else to add. Been a gamer since the old Turbographix (yes I actually had one!) then the SNES and then my dying PSX to my wonderful though aging computer. My joystick is sad though since there haven't been many space combat-sims to play. And as I mentioned previously, I LOVE Go.

Just a question. Are there any active Lunar-based PBEM's or RPGs around? You know the kind, where you write short posts based around your character, interacting with other people?

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

You bet there are. Contact me about that later. But what I do isn't normally play by post. It's realtime.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Lurker says what?

Post by Alunissage »

Anordin wrote:I'll look for the original SegaCD versions to compare and contrast soon (through unofficial means).

It's pretty easy to find the game discs on eBay, and the Gens emulator runs them pretty well.

Just a question. Are there any active Lunar-based PBEM's or RPGs around? You know the kind, where you write short posts based around your character, interacting with other people?

We did have an RPing board here where people did that. I think it was a casualty of the board move, but I'm sure it could be restarted if there were enough interest.

Angelalex242 wrote:You bet there are. Contact me about that later. But what I do isn't normally play by post. It's realtime.

Yes, it was nice of Rune and MiaOne to point you to all that a month ago, wasn't it?

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

Welcome.

Not much else to add. Been a gamer since the old Turbographix (yes I actually had one!) then the SNES and then my dying PSX to my wonderful though aging computer.

Heh, you can't really call the TG16 old. Now if you had been playing Joust, Popeye, and Spelunker on an Atari before the first NES came out...now that is old :)

Now only someone who played a kalikovision can beat me on that :D

Editi:my spelling is terrible :P
Last edited by Roas Atrades on Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free your mind and let your dreams fly, -me

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Roas Atrades wrote:Now only someone who played a kalikovision can beat me on that :D

Didn't G1 have a ColecoVision? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I played Pong.

Anordin
Pao Hunter

Post by Anordin »

Okay so maybe a TG16 isn't that old. But I seemed to be the only kid who actually had one. Any farther back and I wouldn't be able to use a controller.

I'm also an avid reader. Probably the only other important thing about me, which doesn't exactly say alot. Where some people own several hundred movies, I own these heavy, clumsy things with words printed in them.

So how do I go about gathering interesting for a RPing format? Realtime might be a problem for me...

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Depends.

If you do it on mIRC, gaming sessions are generally once a week, and you can generally plan for that.

If you do it by MUSH, gaming is every day, and it's possible to get left behind if you don't log on for a while.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

Anordin wrote:
I'm also an avid reader. Probably the only other important thing about me, which doesn't exactly say alot. Where some people own several hundred movies, I own these heavy, clumsy things with words printed in them.

So how do I go about gathering interesting for a RPing format? Realtime might be a problem for me...

I'm a bit of a book pack rat, mostly sci-fi fantasy junk on shelves and boxes between me and Florida.

If you are interested in RPing, the Battle Board at the Shrine to Ghaleon is kinda Rping. We choose characters anywhere from original to anime/videogames and they duke it out according to the board rules.

The real aspect of the board's Rping comes out in our annual Tournement of Heroes (ToH 3 to be starting up some time in early 2006). If you are interested feel free to check it out. It's a little quiet right now, but it could pick up again soon.
Free your mind and let your dreams fly, -me

Anordin
Pao Hunter

Post by Anordin »

Well if its just once a week, then maybe I could do the mIRC thing, though I'd have to download IRC yet again.

And I'll be sure to check out this 'Battle Board.'
Heaven does not speak. It simply showed its will by his personal conduct and his conduct of affairs.
-Mencius, Bk V, Chap V, Legge Translation