The Album of the Year

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Ozone
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

The Album of the Year

Post by Ozone »

....will undoubtedly go to the Deftones. Today marks the release of their latest album, Saturday Night Wrist. If there is an album to get this year, this is it. The Deftones' last real release (which excludes their B-Sides and Rarities CD) was in 2003, and to be honest, it was lackluster. This album makes up for it in spades. SNW is a mix of progressive atmospheric work combined with the hard rock edge that the Deftones have always had. This album is truly a beacon of light in the rock world and should set a new standard of quality. The best release from the Deftones to date is the best album of this year, and probably the best that I've heard in a really, really long time (actually, Mastodon's 'Blood Mountain' was excellent almost to the point of ridiculousness and it is the next album down in terms of quality this year, at least in my mind, and it's a really minuscule drop). Sheer brilliance and a must buy album for anyone interested in good music.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DragonmasterAndy »

Best album of the year is Eidolon's The Parallel Otherworld for me.

Megalodon
Student of Vane

Post by Megalodon »

Mastodon: Blood Mountain by far best album. Of course just my opinion. :evil:

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I think Yeah Yeah Yeahs's new album, "Show Your Bones" is fairly awesome. That gets my vote for album of the year.