Any girls want to help?

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Racoati
Lyton Singer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Racoati »

...I'm not a girl and I can't sing worth a damn, but even as a backing track that's magnificent; all but brought tears to my eyes, and I'm not exactly a weeper. Beautiful use of guitar, piano and... whatever you'd call the "sparkly" sound effects, I know very little about music, but I know what's good and what sucks, and this is hot stuff. I do hope you find a singer, since this is wonderful stuff. Probably stating the obvious, but you've posted on vgmix and OCRemix, right? I'd really like to see this go places, it's a lovely remix....
<a href="http://catofthe.sunlesslands.net/eternal">Eternalism</a> :: ostracised by the Lunar fandom since 2005, so you don't have to be ~ oddpairing chaos galore!

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

I really like this as a remix, but I found I have difficulty singing to this. The music doesn't become recognizable to me until the second verse (starting with "But, what if that star is not to come"). The audio cues I would normally use to recognize when to start singing the first verse are missing. There doesn't seem to be a good lead in that says "start singing here" and it doesn't help that your remix has a shorter lead time than the original (the singer has to start singing about ten seconds earlier than the original). I tried experimenting a bit to see if I could appropriately fit the lyrics in time to the music, but my efforts were largely clumsy and I had to compare your track to the original to find the starting point. ^^;
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Rune Lai wrote:I really like this as a remix, but I found I have difficulty singing to this. The music doesn't become recognizable to me until the second verse (starting with "But, what if that star is not to come"). The audio cues I would normally use to recognize when to start singing the first verse are missing. There doesn't seem to be a good lead in that says "start singing here" and it doesn't help that your remix has a shorter lead time than the original (the singer has to start singing about ten seconds earlier than the original). I tried experimenting a bit to see if I could appropriately fit the lyrics in time to the music, but my efforts were largely clumsy and I had to compare your track to the original to find the starting point. ^^;

I found it fairly easy to find. It's a 4 bar instrumental lead-in. 5 if you count the one bar of purely drums at the start.

And good job, by the way. Very well-done.

hob
Meribian Merchant

Post by hob »

As an aspiring music man myself, (check ME out at http://www.myspace.com/hobsplace ) my advice to you is to look around YOU for girl singers. Maybe you have a family member who sings well? Maybe you have a friend of a friend? Or if you're in high school/college, search on campus for choir singers.

After it's all said and done, repost the song in a new thread.

Do YOU have a music profile at MySpace? You should get one if you don't you rock....

Speaking of MySpace, that skinny model Kaila Yu did a remix to Lucia's theme from Eternal Blue. Personally, I think it's a disgrace to Lunar, but most people like it. You can find THAT at http://www.myspace.com/kailayu
I stand with Jesus.

Haru
Pao Hunter

Post by Haru »

I can find a girl with sweet voice :lol: