Favorite Group

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Favorite Group

Post by Dragonlord911 »

My favorite groups are Black Eyed Peas, My Chemical Romance, Green Day, and Lunar 1&2 Soundtrack Artists.
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

Mmm, it depends. There's really no few bands that I'm devoted to, I listen to what catches my ear. I can come up with a general list of musician's I like though. Oh, and I hope you don't mind if include other forms of musical artists? I'm assuming so, since you included the Lunar soundtracks.
October Project
They can get a bit repetetive, but some of their songs are simply lovely. Also, their lyrics are quite interesting.
The Police
The Police are just plain fun to listen to. Some of my favorites are 'Roxanne', 'Syncronicity', and 'Every Breath You Take'.
Sarah McLachlan
Her vocals are lovely, and her lyrics are well written.
Simon and Garfunkel
Oh, c'mon, who doesn't like Simon and Garfunkel! I love their "Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme" album, with the beat poetry feel to it. 'A Poem on the Underground Railway' has moved me to tears more than once, and I find 'Flowers Never Bend With The Rainfall', 'Patterns', and 'The Dangling Conversation' to be uncommonly beautiful. From other albums, I'm fond of 'The Boxer', (There's another tearjerker!) 'The Sound of Silence', 'Homeward Bound', 'America', and 'I Am A Rock'. They're undoubtedly one of the few I could actually classify as a favorite.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley's just classic, and his songs all have a wonderful sense of music and freedom when listening to them. They just make me feel like dancing. My favorite from him would be 'Redemption Song'.
Bonnie Tyler
I like quite a bit of Bonnie Tyler's later eighties work, like 'Rebel Without A Clue', "Faster Than The The Speed of Night', 'If You Were a Woman (And I Was A Man)', and, of course, the quintessential 'Total Eclipse of The Heart.'
Silent Hill Soundtracks (All games)
I found all of the games had lovely and appropriate music, although the first one less than the others. The opening themes are all fantastic- from 'Theme of Laura' to 'Room of Angel', and the others. Either way, the Silent Hill music is great.
Studio Ghibli Soundtrack
Studio Ghibli has great music for their movies as well, some of my favorites (musically, mind) being Spirited Away, (even though I didn't enjoy the movie as much as I could have) Laputa: Castle in the Sky, and Howl's Moving Castle.
Lunar Soundtracks
Yes, everyone here likes Lunar, and so I. I also enjoy the music, especially while doing math.
Les Mis
Les Mis is simply not background music. I can't sit down and concentrate while this is on, I must be up thinking, and listening. Either way, it's a wonderful experience, especially in french.
Evita
Again, I like musicals, and Evita's a good one.
Utena: The Movie Soundtrack The music in this soundtrack is gorgeous, and an entertaining listen in it's own right.
Fullmetal Alchemist Soundtrack The song 'Brothers' (Bratja) blew me away. Music is used to great effect, and most of it is quite nice.
Loreena McKinnett
Loreena McKinnett has a gorgeous voice, and the instrumental parts of her songs are well done as well. It's nice to see vocal talents melding with instruments to make a song, rather than one overpowering the other.
The Beatles
It's the Beatles. 'Nuff said.
Mary Hopkins
A Welsh (?) singer who signed with Apple in the sixties, and released several lovely albums. Her voice is lovely, thin, and the focus of the songs. Some of my favorites by her are 'Those Were The Days', (her most famous song) 'Temma Harbour', 'The Fields of St. Etienne', 'Lontano Degli Occhi', 'Think About Your Children', 'The Streets of London', 'Water, Paper and Clay', 'Y Blodyn Gwyn', and 'Voyage of the Moon'.
There are others, but I'm going to stop it here since the list is getting rather long. These are really just the first things that came to mind.

Karthur
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Karthur »

My all time favorite singer is Jimmy Buffett.

I started listening to him when I was five...which means I've been his fan for 23 years. XD

*is old*
"Even if I close my eyes the world will not disappear." -- Mathiu Silverberg, Suikoden I

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

Hey Agawa! I totally agree with you man about Sarah McLachlan. I first heard her on the soundtrack for Spirit : Stallion of the Cimmaron. She sounded awesome. One can tell that she puts her soul into whatever she sings.
On another note more on topic, I don't like rap nor do I care for hip-hop, or R&B.
I like oldies, Celtic, medievel, and Rock to name my favorites. I like most music, though.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

Go and dance to The Lord of the Dance... :twisted:
It is all your falt that I like Celtic. 8)
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

It varies quite a bit.

I enjoy punk bands like Angry Samoans, Dead Kennedys, Death By Stereo and Bad Religion.

Aside from that I like 50's Crooners like Sinatra and Bing Crosby, along with Big Band Jazz of that era.

I also love a lot of older Blues Musicians, like Robert Johnson and Muddy Waters.

Other than that I'll listen to most everything like Classical, Reggae, Rockabilly, Ska.

The only things I don't really like are Rap and Country.
Last edited by DeathBeforeDenial on Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Lots of stuff, but some of my favorite groups:

P.O.D., PAX217, Grits, Third Day, Burlap to Cashmere, and I've become very impressed with the new Jewish reggae artist Matisyahu as of late. If you're a fan of reggae, or even hip hop, check him out.
-G1

SilverOcean
Lyton Singer

Post by SilverOcean »

I listen mostly to Classical, Celtic (as long as it does not have Bagpipes), and J-Pop. There also is some Rock I like. I really like the music by Tchaikovsky, Beethoven, Bach, and Scarlatti. And I absolutely hate Country.
Last edited by SilverOcean on Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Celtic (as long as it does not have Bagpipes)

Awww, why the bagpipe hate? The first time I ever heard bagpipes in person, I was playing in a soccer tournament in Dallas, TX and we played a team from Scotland. Them blokes wasn't playing around and came out in full force wearing kilts and the bagpipes blarin' and everything. It was actually pretty friggin' cool. I always liked Celtic music from that point on.
-G1

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

GhaleonOne wrote:and I've become very impressed with the new Jewish reggae artist Matisyahu as of late. If you're a fan of reggae, or even hip hop, check him out.

I'm totally with you on the love for Matisyahu. I'm a hardcore atheist myself, but I love the uplifting nature of his lyrics, and the passion behind them. I've never really listened to reggae before, but he's fairly awesome.

SilverOcean
Lyton Singer

Post by SilverOcean »

GhaleonOne wrote:Awww, why the bagpipe hate?

Two words for you: bagpipe competition.
Last edited by SilverOcean on Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

[quote]I'm a hardcore atheist myself [/quote]

I prefer not to know your religeon, thanks.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I prefer not to know your religeon, thanks.

Huh? Dude, seriously. It's not like he was trying to say "I hate God-believers". I'm a Christian, and took no offense. Had he been saying that in hate towards someone, it'd be one thing, but it was within the context of what he was trying to say (ie, I'm an athiest, and even I was able to get a lot out of a Jewish musician).

In addition, nowhere on these boards does it say you can't discuss religion, so saying you don't want to know someone elses religion means nothing here. There have been a lot of good religious discussions here in the past, and will be in the future I'm sure.
-G1

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

It's alright...don't know what came over me.

What is with that phrase?! It just started to bother me. "I don't know what came over me"?

I hate it when things get stuck in my head...

It.. won't... come...out!:evil:

Rahl13
Burg Farmer

Post by Rahl13 »

I like mostly rock. Anything from The Doors and Soundgarden (Audioslave is OK) to more hardcore like Manson or Slipknot. I also tend to listen to a lot of trance/house music.

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

I saw that Matisyahu guy on MTV Video Wake Up. All I have to say is...that weird and, it was alright. :)