"Crash"

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Jenner
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

"Crash"

Post by Jenner »

It won best picture Emmy. It is an awesome movie.

Crash > Brokeback Mountain
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

What is Crash about? I keep hearing about it, especially due to the Oscar hub-bub. I finally found out what Brokeback was about. Then I keep hearing that the reason it didn't win was because of love affair. I dunno, I say if it was a good movie it should've won regardless. To be honest I haven't followed movies much the last few months. At least, none that were nominated for an award.

Anyhow, getting back to the point, I hear that Crash caused a big surprising upset. If I wore a hat it would be off to the fact that the majority of the nominees were independant films, except for, what was it Syriana? Was that the one that was a big hollywood movie?

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

Crash was an amazin' movie!

It's about the different stereotypes and how they connect and "Crash". I think it was awesome!

There's more to it, but you really have to see it for yourself.
ImageImageImage

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

I what to see it. I want to see it now. I have to see it. It sounds cool.
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

Dragonlord911 wrote:I what to see it. I want to see it now. I have to see it. It sounds cool.

EVERYONE should see this movie, it's good times. I like all the characters in the movie! Even the ones I don't like!
ImageImageImage

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Asmodean wrote:
Dragonlord911 wrote:I what to see it. I want to see it now. I have to see it. It sounds cool.

EVERYONE should see this movie, it's good times. I like all the characters in the movie! Even the ones I don't like!

LOL you need to work in politics, Justin.

Crash is about how our biases and preceptions of other peoples and cultures guide us in our everyday lives and how those lives can "Crash" into one another and be changed by these preceptions.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

Jenner wrote:
Asmodean wrote:

LOL you need to work in politics, Justin.

Crash is about how our biases and preceptions of other peoples and cultures guide us in our everyday lives and how those lives can "Crash" into one another and be changed by these preceptions.

...Jenner, stop bein' smart.
It annoys people.
ImageImageImage

Pisces
Threadkiller

Post by Pisces »

Actually, I've seen "Crash". And "Brokeback Mountain".

And I really liked both.

But I'm angry that "Crash" won the award.

"Munich" or "Good Night and Good Luck" should have gotten it.
"Let man's petty nations tear themselves apart; my land's only borders lie around my heart."

-Tim Rice, from the song "Anthem" in the musical Chess

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

I watched Crash in my English class. English teacher is a huge film buff. I liked it, but I would have liked it a lot more if I didn't hear about how great it was. But I'm like that with all movies - if I hear it's completely awful, I'll like it, and if I hear it's amazing, I won't think it's that great.