???????

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

???????

Post by Dragonlord911 »

Anyone have any idea how the opening of the Fullmetal Alchemist Movie (English Version) at the Anime Con. July 3rd went down, and when is it supposed to be released for marketing? Please post what you know.
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Which movie? I think I know what you're talking about, but just making sure. I was at Anime Central 2006, and Funimation was putting on a panel about upcoming animes that they were doing. They showed us a bunch of different trailers, and even some episode clips. They showed a clip of Speed Grapher, and either the FMA movie, or a new FMA episode.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I have no idea about the convention thing, but I did read in the magizine Anime Insider, that the movie was suppose to come out Oct. 3 in the USA.

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

Darn... How much longer must I wait. Anyway, thanks for the info.
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

Scorpioeyez
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Scorpioeyez »

The opening went well and was well received by fans.

The movie will be released on September 12th, the same date as the final volume. MSRP on both are 29.98 except for the movie which is also coming out in a limited edition. The LE has an MSRP of 49.98

All original cast will be returning for the movie.
~ Webmaster of OtakuReview ~

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

Thank God. I know what the movie is about. It's just the Last Episode left a on a huge cliff-hanger. I have to see that movie or I will die. It's not long from now. Just a little longer.
Eragon

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

Dragonlord911 wrote:Thank God. I know what the movie is about. It's just the Last Episode left a on a huge cliff-hanger. I have to see that movie or I will die. It's not long from now. Just a little longer.

The ending was amazing - in all honestly, I wish they'd just left it at that, I really do. I like inconclusive endings that really make you think about what happened and what could have happened, and FMA's was just so brilliantly tragic. It's been so long since a television show caught me up in that way, and by the end all I really wanted was for those two to be happy - but of course, life is never perfect.