Metal Song Request

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Audric
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Metal Song Request

Post by Audric »

Hey, After hearing the song In Flames - Dead End. I really liked the style of the Female and MAle vocals together. What I wanted to ask you guys if you know other songs that are like this. Thanks For the Help.

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

I do know that alot of the euro metal bands are kinda like. Try the song, I wish I had an angel, its by a band called nightwish

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Nightwish has a female lead singer so does Evanescence(they have a release slated for October though it won 't have the metallic elements that Ben Moody brought to the table and Evanescence is classified as Neo-goth in my book). Lacuna Coil uses the female and male singer combination. Arch Enemy and Otep have female singers though you'd never be able to tell from the way that they growl. Therefore, I'll just keep it simple, stick to Lacuna Coil, even though they're more along the lines of gothic rock as opposed to metal they're better than every band on this list xD
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Audric
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Audric »

Alright ill check those bands out. Thanks alot guys.

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DragonmasterAndy »

Dude, listen to At The Gates for that Melodic Death Metal sound....
Last edited by DragonmasterAndy on Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Megalodon
Student of Vane

Cradle Of Filth

Post by Megalodon »

Some Cradle Of Filth albums utilize female vocals in their songs. They are mainly compromised of male vocals but do have female vocals along with narrators. The CD Nymphetamine has female vocals on it. I believe most of their albums do but this one comes to mind because I am currently listening to it. I don't know if it is exactly what you are looking for but I highly recommend it.

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

I hate Cradle so much.
Oh man..Dani Filth....screw that guy :lol:
To each his own though.

Megalodon
Student of Vane

Post by Megalodon »

DragonmasterAndy wrote:I hate Cradle so much.
Oh man..Dani Filth....screw that guy :lol:
To each his own though.
What is it you Hate? People act like they're the Metallica of Black Metal and sold out. There is a difference between evolving and just completely going to crap. By the way didn't C.O.F.'s recently departed drummer used to be in At The Gates? I thought that was a previous band he was in but can't remember. Maybe you can shed a little light on that for me.

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Well, Cradle were never actually real Black Metal. That doesn't have anything to do with it anyway. I don't judge a band based on their genre. I base them on their music. I hate COF's music, and I think Dani's vocals are crap. That's all. I don't have any superficial reason for it. I'm very up front about it. I don't know why people bring up the Black Metal thing...that's not what they are. They have much more in common with extreme forms of Gothic oriented Metal. The Black Metal thing that people do is just a way for them to feel more "true". It's retarded....but yeah. I dislike them for nothing other than I just don't like how their music is. It's not some stupid superficial thing.

Megalodon
Student of Vane

Post by Megalodon »

DragonmasterAndy wrote:Well, Cradle were never actually real Black Metal. That doesn't have anything to do with it anyway. I don't judge a band based on their genre. I base them on their music. I hate COF's music, and I think Dani's vocals are crap. That's all. I don't have any superficial reason for it. I'm very up front about it. I don't know why people bring up the Black Metal thing...that's not what they are. They have much more in common with extreme forms of Gothic oriented Metal. The Black Metal thing that people do is just a way for them to feel more "true". It's retarded....but yeah. I dislike them for nothing other than I just don't like how their music is. It's not some stupid superficial thing.
I brought up the black metal thing becasue that it the most common used description for them. Dani himself will say they are not nor do they claim to be black metal, they are Cradle Of Filth, thats it. Also I cannot think of a better reason to not like a band then you don't like their music. Simple enough for me.

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Sorry if I come off as some arrogant know it all or whatever in some of my posts. I'm just very opinionated. I'm glad that you feel the need to question me, as most people don't.

Faust
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Faust »

DragonmasterAndy wrote:Sorry if I come off as some arrogant know it all or whatever in some of my posts. I'm just very opinionated. I'm glad that you feel the need to question me, as most people don't.
It's alright dude. I'm a CoF fan myself. Very true to each his own I suppose.

Yes I remembered some where also that one of the band members clarified that they are not Black Metal. ( Must have been Dani I guess like Magalodon said)

Yes, Dani's vocals has that effect on many people. I admit that I was turned off mostly by his vocals initially. Many people claimed that Dani's vocals in the new album Thornography is slightly more tolerable, I have yet to listen to the whole album, so far only heard Foetus of a New Day Kicking and Tonight in Flames on Youtube.

To each his own indeed...^_^

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

... ... ...

The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

:lol:

That has no place here. You shall be sentenced to death by hanging.

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

You should check out Otep. Female vocalist that belts out beautiful black balads that makes your heart throb. Plus, she's gorgeous. As for the Cradle discuession, for you fans out there, you should check out the Cradle of Fear movie. It's awesome. ;)
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon wrote:You should check out Otep. Female vocalist that belts out beautiful black balads that makes your heart throb. Plus, she's gorgeous. As for the Cradle discuession, for you fans out there, you should check out the Cradle of Fear movie. It's awesome. ;)
I prefer Angels Gossow of Arch Enemy :)
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

They're both noteworthy. ;)
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Otep are nu-metal......... :lol:

I despise them...but whatever you like, man.
Choose Your Weapon