What manga are you reading?

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
ToLazy2Sit
Burg Farmer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

What manga are you reading?

Post by ToLazy2Sit »

I'm reading Samurai Deeper Kyo & Tsubasa.... Good Stuff!!...

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

It takes me forever to read through a manga series. Since I plow through them very quickly, I tend to buy them infrequently. Reason being, if I bought as fast as I read, I would likely be broke and completely out of bookshelf space. Also, since I plow through them so quickly, they're a very expensive form of entertainment. For the amount of money I'd spend on four volumes of manga that I'd blow through in a day or two, I could play an RPG that will take me all month.

I'm currently reading Saint Tail and I'll probably finish sometime before the end of this year, but not before.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

Juvenile Orion Aquarian Age...Heh...I usually read more...
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

Kyo
Saith Pirate

Post by Kyo »

'Rurouni Kenshin' and, 'Hot Gimmick'. But at the rate 'Hot Gimmick' is released I should really start collecting a third manga series. But I don't get out to the bookstore enough to really browse. Maybe I'll have to do that one of these days. :roll:

Reaper
Lyton Singer

You need a book?

Post by Reaper »

If your looking for a good manga series to buy you should look into Love Hina. That is the funniest manga I have ever read in my life. But if you're looking for more fighting than you should deffinantly get YuYu Hakusho, both are really funny. But they are rather big collections, but it's worth the money. :lol:
The end will come to death
but death will never end

SilverOcean
Lyton Singer

Post by SilverOcean »

At this moment I am speaking (typing whatever), I am reading Gundam Seed, From Far Away, and Arcana.

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

Man, I wish I had time to read more manga, but I've had to do so much anime viewing for animedistrict.com. The last one I read and finished was Nausicaa, the most mispronounced anime/manga of all time (including the actual dub of it). I'm in the middle of GTO, Fruits Basket, Hellsing, and Berserk right now.
-Rich-

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

I would be reading Fullmetal Alchemist if I ever got a chance to buy the volumes :(

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

drumlord wrote:Man, I wish I had time to read more manga, but I've had to do so much anime viewing for animedistrict.com. The last one I read and finished was Nausicaa, the most mispronounced anime/manga of all time (including the actual dub of it). I'm in the middle of GTO, Fruits Basket, Hellsing, and Berserk right now.

How do you pronounce Nausicaa?

I most often say "Naw-sick-uh"... is there another way? Nowsickuh?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Mormon88
Reza Thief

Post by Mormon88 »

i didn't even know what "manga" is until 2 weeks ago >.<

artzi
Red Dragon Priest

Post by artzi »

Ranma and few others

AlasdairPalemoon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AlasdairPalemoon »

Last one I read was a hardcover (which I wish they would do more of) of the first volume of Hellsing. I plan on ordering the Suikoden III graphic novels when I get my next paycheck, though.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Sonic# wrote:How do you pronounce Nausicaa?

I don't know how people into manga/anime pronounce it, but my English teacher said na-sic-ah-ah.

Edit: The one time I don't preview my post I screw up the image tags. >_<
Last edited by Alunissage on Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

The newest mangas I've are Mahoromatic and Negima, both Vol. 7.

Right now, I'm reading Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist Vol. 1.

I wish they'd release LUNAR Mangas....

:)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

There are Lunar manga. Or do you mean in English?

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

Yes, I meant that they should translate the LUNAR Manga to English.

I also started reading DearS. Pretty confusing story. I'll need to read it again.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

All of the Lunar manga have been fan-translated; you just have to look around. And buy the Japanese ones for the pictures, of course.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Now that the DS heat has died down, maybe I can put the Vane translation into HTML already for an update. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

And maybe I can finally send comments on the last story. I-Gene unearthed my scribbled-on printout yesterday. ^_^

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

Alunissage wrote:
Sonic# wrote:How do you pronounce Nausicaa?

I don't know how people into manga/anime pronounce it, but my English teacher said na-sic-ah-ah.

Edit: The one time I don't preview my post I screw up the image tags. >_<

As Sonic said, the way manga/anime people including the dub tend to pronounce it is naw-zik-uh. However, it's a Greek name of a maiden who befriended Odysseus in the Odyssey. The correct pronounciation is more like naw-seek-ey-uh.

As an addendum, I'm not a deranged anti-fanboy who is mad at them for not pronouncing it that way. I do think that's what Miyazaki intended though, as it's spelled "Nausicaä" with the two dots above the last a. Those would only be there if he intended the Greek pronounciation. No biggie though; they just made it more mainstream accessible. I'm just glad they didn't pronounce Evangelion as "eh-van-gel-lee-on"
-Rich-