What Anime do you like

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

What Anime do you like

Post by lutomboy »

I like Fullmetal Alchemist (FMA), Death Note :D and Outlaw Star

What Anime do you like

meg
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: What Anime do you like

Post by meg »

utena, almost anything by studio ghibli, most movies put out by satoshi kon, tekkonkinkreet. death note is an anime now? if we're listing comics, battle angel alita, uzumaki, banya, clover, etc etc etc.

i answer out of boredom!

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I like Gundam Wing, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Slayers, Tenchi Muyo, Record of Lodoss War, Studio Ghibli's stuff (especially Nausicaa), Princess Tutu, and... I've probably shamefully forgotten a few, but those are the main ones.

A lot of them are from when I was in high school... wow.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I like anime, but I like manga better. I'll list a few animes that I like.

Trinity Blood, Spiral, Sailor Moon, Yu Yu Hakusho, Full Metal Alchemist, Inuyasha, Wolf's Rain, .Hack//Sign, Tsubasa, Death Note, Magic Knight Rayearth, Bleach, Devil May Cry, Star Ocean EX and probably more I can't think of right now.

I've actually read more manga. I've read the manga version of some animes that people might be familar with. For example: Hellsing, D. Grey Man, Fruits Basket, etc.
Last edited by Dark_Fairy on Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

Utena, the original Tenchi OVAs, the original El-Hazard OVAs (yes, a show that actually resolves the romance at the end! Who'd believe it possible!?!), Witch Hunter Robin, Vampire Princess Miyu (the OVAs more than the TV series, which latter I like individual episodes of but not the metaplot), Jubei-chan, Madlax, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (both TV seasons and Solid State Society) and no doubt lots and lots and lots of others which I can't think of off the top of my head. My favorite currently-following-as-released series are Simoun and Pumpkin Scissors.

kyle1992
Red Dragon Priest

Post by kyle1992 »

i like Full Metal Alchemist, Death Note, Bleach, Noein, Tactics, Trigun, Full Metal Panic, Exel Saga, Love Hina, and Maburaho(funniest anime ever :D )
Last edited by kyle1992 on Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
"may you go with god's protection"-Nicholas D.Wolfwood

BattleMedic
Student of Vane

Post by BattleMedic »

Tenchi Muyo (Original, OVA, and Tokyo), Outlaw Star, Ranma 1/2, and the original Dragon Ball. The list is short because those are the only ones I saw on TV.
To have no fear, you must know fear.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

I like Wolf's Rain and Cowboy Bebop. Also, I've watched the first few episodes of the new Devil May Cry anime. I like what I've seen so far. It feels a lot like Cowboy Bebop except the bad guys are demons instead of outlaws. Lol.
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

Any and all my friend. I'm an otaku by japanese definition, devoting my life to an unhealthy obsession regardless of the perception others have towards me. :P Seriously though, nothing I love more than anime. To name a few, Fushigi Yuugi, Berserk, Gantz, Petshop of Horrors, Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi... Etc.
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

Matt&Ruby4ever
Student of Vane

Post by Matt&Ruby4ever »

let's se......
i realy like shakugan no shana, i always watch it aver and over. and then fate stay night, erementar gerad, utawarerumono, suzumiya haruhi no yuutsu, and many more.
Do you remember the time we share together......

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Ghost In the Shell (SAC, 2nd Gig and the movies) and Lupin the Third are basically the only two anime that I will willing watch.

Scryed isn't bad either.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DragonmasterAndy »

Gundam Wing, G Gundam, Bleach, Trigun, X, Berserk... there's more but I can't remember at the moment.
Choose Your Weapon

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Trigun would be my favorite. I prefer shows and such that star characters with positive outlooks and attitudes. I've never been one for Anti-Heroes.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

I tend to enjoy the romantic comedies along with the action animes. :]

(Pretear, Marmalade Boy, Fushigi Yuugi, Outlaw Star, Blue Gender , FLCL, Super GALS, Trigun, Rurouni Kenshin, Kare Kano, etc)

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

Shaolina
Burg Farmer

Post by Shaolina »

I got hooked recently on Lovely complex. I tend to run away from romantic high school shojo, but Otani and Koizumi are pure awesomeness

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

LunarRaptor wrote:Trigun would be my favorite. I prefer shows and such that star characters with positive outlooks and attitudes. I've never been one for Anti-Heroes.
I like harem and "slice of life" animes.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I'm fond of Inuyasha, at the moment. Especially the manga version. They're at episode 551, and if it goes past 560 total chapters, I'll be surprised.

The series is, at long last, almost done.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

kazuya
Lyton Singer

Post by kazuya »

Ozone wrote:Ghost In the Shell (SAC, 2nd Gig and the movies) and Lupin the Third are basically the only two anime that I will willing watch.

Scryed isn't bad either.
!!

Agreed! (Although the original FMA, Trigun, and Death Note were cool to watch once)
Darkness beyond twilight
Crimson beyond blood that flows
Buried in the stream of time is where your power grows
I pledge myself to conquer all the foes who stand
before the mighty gift bestowed in my unworthy hand
Let the fools who stand before me be destroyed
by the power you and I possess...
DRAGON SLAVE!

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

I used to be obsessed with anime growing up, but i slowly started to lose my interest because of the amount of unneeded fan service. There were other reasons as well, but now i only watch a small select few when I am in the mood...As for sitting down and checking out new animes...Sadly my spark is diminished...
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

I have a few I like a lot:

Fullmetal Alchemist
Sailor Moon
Sailor Moon Crystal
Hetalia