Be Cool

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.

Be Cool, or Be Angry you lost your money?

Good
60%
Bad
No votes
Ugly
40%

Total votes: 5

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Be Cool

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Anyone else see this? I'm not a huge fan of John Travolta or Uma Thurman, but I really liked this movie... I'm not sure exactly what is was, but I laughed quite a bit and enjoyed it. Something about it kind of reminded me of the movie "Snatch". I think it was how all the characters were some how related to the other progressing the story in a nice and unique way. I would have to say that my two actors in the movie are The Rock as Elliot Wilhelm and Andre Benjamin as Dabu. Some areas of the movie I think were a little corny, like the scene with Chili, Edie, and Steven Tyler talking about the song 'Sweet Emotion' ...thus seeing why Steven Tyler doesn't quit his day job :P

I thought the 'theme song' for Sin LaSalle's thugs was funny. I guess this is one of those either really like it or you really hate it kind of movies. I dunno, of all the reviews I've read there doesn't seem to be any middle ground.

What say you guys?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Parts of it were good, other parts were just corny and dumb. I did think the Rock did well with his part, as did Cedric the Entertainer. Though some of Chili's scenes were over the top and too much. However, he still had some funny scenes too though.

I'd say the movie was alright, but I personally don't think I'd watch it a second time.
-G1

Scorpioeyez
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Scorpioeyez »

I saw this movie in theaters and thought it was absolutely terrible. I thought the performances and writing were both decent enough but I couldn't stand how the entire movie felt like one long commercial. Am I the only one that noticed that every single scene in the movie had at least one very blantant product placement in it?

Plus I hated the dance scene between Thurman and Travolta. Ug, it was terrible. I could've choreographed something much better... course it didn't help that Black Eyed Peas were playing the music.
~ Webmaster of OtakuReview ~

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

I love Uma Thurman and John Travolta! I didn't even know that this movie even existed until about 3 weeks ago when I ilegally downloaded a copy of the... err I mean... when I rented the movie at Blockbuster... yes... of course *sweats*

It was good, but not the best.

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

meh, it was alright...not the best...not the worst...
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

ShadowAce
Student of Vane

Post by ShadowAce »

I found the movie pretty damned good. I know people who won't watch it cause The Rock is playing a gay guy, but he did the performance so well. What I like is how the acting was done exactly how the script was written for it. Andre didn't act all "thugged up" like most rappers do when they're in movies. That was real cool. Vince Vaughn was funny as hell in it as well.

I dunno, I enjoyed the movie and it was fresh to see one like that. It made me want to watch Get Shorty again.

Mog Dragonheart
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Mog Dragonheart »

I liked it. I love Christina Millian. What really fricked this movie up was Vince Vaughn.