Star Wars Episode III

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Star Wars Episode III

Post by GhaleonOne »

http://viewaskew.com/news/sith/

Check that out. I saw it in a post on RPGFan and couldn't resist reading it. It's Kevin Smith's opinions after watching it apparently. Spoilers abound, but if you want to know how the movie links up with the rest of the series, it's pretty cool. And I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan.

Chris
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Chris »

I read that the other day, actually. It definitely pumped me up even more for this. I cannot wait!

I have an unhealthy addiction to Star Wars.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Oh, I must resist. I once had an exceedingly healthy obsession about Star Wars. Now it's cooled, but... oh, I still must try to guess the plot without that. :D

Thanks for the temptation, though!
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

All I needed to do was read the first line. :D

And I have been obsessed with Star Wars ever since I was a little girl (because I two VERY older brothers who basically grew up with Star Wars) so I just can't spoil it for myself. So I stopeed after the "freakin awesome" part.

Chris
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Chris »

MiaOne wrote:All I needed to do was read the first line. :D

And I have been obsessed with Star Wars ever since I was a little girl (because I two VERY older brothers who basically grew up with Star Wars) so I just can't spoil it for myself. So I stopeed after the "freakin awesome" part.

I think I love you.

Every female I know hates Star Wars with a passion. It also doesn't help that I like wrestling so I get the negative feedback on what I like. It's all good though. They like movies like Spice World.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Chris wrote:
I think I love you.

Every female I know hates Star Wars with a passion. It also doesn't help that I like wrestling so I get the negative feedback on what I like. It's all good though. They like movies like Spice World.

You can love me as long as I get to love you back. :D

Anyway...a lot of my female friends like Star Wars! Maybe I just hang out with a strange crowd. But, yeah, I've been to every new Star Wars opening. I skipped school for Episode I and I was at the midnight for Episode II. On the Episode I opening I came as Princess Leia and I wanted to be Queen Amidala for the Episode II opening, but I think I'm going to save that for Episode III just maybe. And I own all the DVDs (I got the original DVDs just recently released for Christmas) except for Episode II sadly. And I have really old vintage Star Wars towels! BUt, that's about it.

I love Star Wars though! Who wouldn't?

Pogi
Pao Hunter

Post by Pogi »

If i was a diehard fan of SW i would camp out at the theater like old people would during the the 3 movies, but considering people dont go to my theater alot, I'll drive by at 5:00am :) lol j/k

Chris
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Chris »

MiaOne wrote:You can love me as long as I get to love you back. :D

Anyway...a lot of my female friends like Star Wars! Maybe I just hang out with a strange crowd. But, yeah, I've been to every new Star Wars opening. I skipped school for Episode I and I was at the midnight for Episode II. On the Episode I opening I came as Princess Leia and I wanted to be Queen Amidala for the Episode II opening, but I think I'm going to save that for Episode III just maybe. And I own all the DVDs (I got the original DVDs just recently released for Christmas) except for Episode II sadly. And I have really old vintage Star Wars towels! BUt, that's about it.

I love Star Wars though! Who wouldn't?

Alrighty, deal!

I have a few friends that are passionate about Star Wars but they're all guys. We're even thinking of throwing a Star Wars theme party where everyone dresses up as their favourite character. They want me to dress up as Anakin due to me being a huge ball of emotions like he is haha. The only vintage towel I have is a Dukes of Hazzard towel. :wink:

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I could so pull off a Han Solo. I've got the right kind of hair... kinda have a Carlist Rieekan face, but I could still manage, once I was wearing the clothes. I just need to find a way to put a red stripe on tight blue pants. Mmm.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Chris wrote:
Alrighty, deal!

I have a few friends that are passionate about Star Wars but they're all guys. We're even thinking of throwing a Star Wars theme party where everyone dresses up as their favourite character. They want me to dress up as Anakin due to me being a huge ball of emotions like he is haha. The only vintage towel I have is a Dukes of Hazzard towel. :wink:

:D Yay!

Yeah most of the diehard Star Wars fans I know ARE in fact boys, but I know quite a few girls as well.

A Star Wars dress up party is an awesome idea!!!! If I went to a Star Wars costume party I would have to be Princess Leia, she's almost my favorite. Queen Amidala doesn't hold a candle to her.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I think I love you.

I'm a closet wrestling fan myself. :P I've watched it since I was fairly young in the mid-late 80s, and just never stopped.

BTW, spoiler...

[spoiler]The thing about Anakin taking out all those children Jedi's? Wow. That's insane. When I first heard that Obi-Wan cut off Anakin's arms and legs and left him near lava, I was thinking that was cruel of Obi-Wan, but after hearing that, I'm surprised he didn't lop the kids head off too. I can't wait for this movie.[/spoiler]

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Heh, I've actually been having some far out dreams lately, mostly involving star wars, pokemon, and Morrowind ^_^

And yes, this IS odd because it is rare for me to have dreams with video games/ movies like that period.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

OMG!!! I feel like such a geek xD But I have the NEED to see that movie, I won't see it on opening night because I'm not that fanatical, but I WILL see it in theatres.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

My little brother (AKA Star Wars Geek Extraordinaire XD) has already bought tickets for the midnight opening show. He's got everything planned out:

Step 1: May 18th, watch Episode I after coming home from school.
Step 2: Continue with Episode II
Step 3: Change into Jedi robes, and choose one (out of the many) toy light sabers to bring to the show.
Step 4: Go to the theater
Step 5: May 19th, 12:00 AM, watch Episode III
Step 6&7: Go home and watch the rest of the Star Wars series
Step 8: Miss school to catch up on sleep

:P He's a crazy kid, but I'm just as nuts for going with him as well. X} I can't wait!!! I <3 Star Wars!!! XD

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

LuNaRtIc wrote:My little brother (AKA Star Wars Geek Extraordinaire XD) has already bought tickets for the midnight opening show. He's got everything planned out:

Step 1: May 18th, watch Episode I after coming home from school.
Step 2: Continue with Episode II
Step 3: Change into Jedi robes, and choose one (out of the many) toy light sabers to bring to the show.
Step 4: Go to the theater
Step 5: May 19th, 12:00 AM, watch Episode III
Step 6&7: Go home and watch the rest of the Star Wars series
Step 8: Miss school to catch up on sleep

:P He's a crazy kid, but I'm just as nuts for going with him as well. X} I can't wait!!! I <3 Star Wars!!! XD

That IS the way to go. LUckily I won't be in school! :D

Pogi
Pao Hunter

Post by Pogi »

8 more days!!!
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're dumb than to speak and remove all doubt."

love a riddle
Lostest Boy

Post by love a riddle »

I'm not a SW fan, but my friend's gonna be lonely waiting in line next week. So I'm going with him to keep him company.

Hyrth
Saith Pirate

Post by Hyrth »

Ehh..Star Wars..A series I never even WATCHED. I loved KOTOR and SWG but never even watched the movies. Maybe it's cause my family never liked it. I might go rent the trilogy sometime..Am I correct when saying the Episodes are prequels??

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, these new movies are prequels. I never got into the series either until more recently when I rewatched the originals. I hadn't seen them since I was a kid back in the late 80s. And I also enjoyed Episode II. Episode I, even though everyone complains about it, I thought was a decent flick.
-G1

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Hyrth wrote:Ehh..Star Wars..A series I never even WATCHED. I loved KOTOR and SWG but never even watched the movies. Maybe it's cause my family never liked it. I might go rent the trilogy sometime..Am I correct when saying the Episodes are prequels??

Blasphemy.

:P