Space battle Animes...

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.

What's better Irresponsible captain Tylor or Martain explorer Nadesico

Irresponsible Captain Tylor
67%
Martain explorer Nadesico
33%

Total votes: 3

Reaper
Lyton Singer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Space battle Animes...

Post by Reaper »

I just picked up a new anime called the Irresponsible Captain Tylor the other day and thought it was all really cool. What does everyone else think about it, I was informed that it was very popular not too long ago. Also how you think it compares with Martain explorer Nadesico.
The end will come to death
but death will never end

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I've heard a lot of good things about it. Nadesico is mostly a parody anime, at least in the beginning, so it's only good if you watch a lot of space battle sort of things. After that, when they get into the meat of an actual story, meh... it's hit-or-miss. I didn't like it too much by that point. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

Tylor ruled. :P Nadesico was just annoying.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

Kale
Student of Vane

Post by Kale »

I think they're both good anime. But, I have to go with nadescio just for the main fact that Akito or whatever the one pilot/cook's name was sounds like shinji from Evangelion.

(Off Topic: I think Robotech was a WAY BETTER anime than both Tylor and Nadesico :D)
"I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but...What kind of Cheesy poof is that!?"
~Ruby, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue after meeting Mystere

ZP
Pao Hunter

Post by ZP »

I've seen all of Nadesico and about half of Tylor. While I like Tylor (mainly because the captain himself is so great), this is a very easy decision for me. I adore Nadesico from start to finish and feel that it's really more than just a small step ahead.

I had hoped that Vandread and Kiddy Grade would be like Nadesico, but although they have most of the same elements, I missed Nadesico's messed up story pacing! The newer series are pretty but a bit conventional by comparison.