My Favorite Anime

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Aaron »

mine are dbz naruto lunars cut scenes robotech and some anime movies like Iria

Odin48
Burg Farmer

Post by Odin48 »

Samurai Champloo - Best fight sequences in any anime series

Naruto - everything after ep 80 kinda crashed and burned

Beet The Vandal Buster - as corny as this series is I find it enjoyable

D.N Angel - Yet another Love anime, but still one of my favs

There are tons more but the above show there heads above the rest.

Dark_Althena
Burg Farmer

Post by Dark_Althena »

The best anime I've ever seen would have to be Fushigi Yuugi, only because it's so damned great. I love the whole story-line, plus I'm a girly-girl so I really love the plot between Miaka and Tamahome. The beginning is kind of slow, but once Tama goes with Yui it gets a lot better. *Drools* I have the first two box sets and I want so much to get Oni/Eikoden box set!

Another anime I like is Ai Yuri Aoshi. I've seen episodes 1-24, which are really good, but I really want to see the second season of it. Again it's a nice love story kind of Anime, that I just absolutely love the plot. I also like it because it's more of a traditional type female role, she wears kimonos and such. It's pretty hawt.

I absolutely love Ranma 1/2 I have the first and second box sets, seasons 1-3, but I want all of them. I saw it on eBay earlier... episodes 1 - 161, the ova's and the movie. All for 110 dollars. I almost -Dragon Diamond- my self. But, I need money before I can do that, eh?

And I've seen Marmalade Boy in Japanese, not all of it, but it's great. I have the whole Managa set of it, and it rocks! In fact, I'll go home and read it now. ^_^

I love my anime. <3
<center>~ Wishing On A Star That Seems Far Off, Hoping It Will Come Today ~

* I am Althena! I am the Goddess who made his world, and who rules it with impunity *</center>

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I had an anime marathon yesterday and today. e__e Which is something I don't do quite often. I watched the first 18 episodes of Full Metal Panic, and I'm pretty much addicted to it now. Of course, the fact that I called Chris Patton last night doesn't really help either. (Chris is Sousuke's voice actor) But yeah, I really want to watch the rest of it now! ;0;
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Dark_Althena wrote:The best anime I've ever seen would have to be Fushigi Yuugi, only because it's so damned great. I love the whole story-line, plus I'm a girly-girl so I really love the plot between Miaka and Tamahome. The beginning is kind of slow, but once Tama goes with Yui it gets a lot better. *Drools* I have the first two box sets and I want so much to get Oni/Eikoden box set!

Another anime I like is Ai [b]Yuri
Aoshi. I've seen episodes 1-24, which are really good, but I really want to see the second season of it. Again it's a nice love story kind of Anime, that I just absolutely love the plot. I also like it because it's more of a traditional type female role, she wears kimonos and such. It's pretty hawt.

I absolutely love Ranma 1/2 I have the first and second box sets, seasons 1-3, but I want all of them. I saw it on eBay earlier... episodes 1 - 161, the ova's and the movie. All for 110 dollars. I almost -Dragon Diamond- my self. But, I need money before I can do that, eh?

And I've seen Marmalade Boy in Japanese, not all of it, but it's great. I have the whole Managa set of it, and it rocks! In fact, I'll go home and read it now. ^_^

I love my anime. <3[/b]

Am i the only person who noticed this!?! :lol:

Personally, i'm a big fan of Love Hina.

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:

Please, do clue me in. I'm missing your point.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Agawa wrote:
Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:

Please, do clue me in. I'm missing your point.

Yuri is the japanese term for lesbian hentai. She intended on saying Yori.

Faust
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Faust »

Pretty much on an anime watching spree this month...

Completed Watching

Air TV , Voices of A Distant Star, KGNE (Rumbling Hearts), Haibane Renmei, Elfen Lied, Shuffle!, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Currently Watching

Utawarerumono, Chobits, Ah!My Goddess, Kanon 2006

Next to Watch

Saikano, Tsubasa Chronicles , Fate/Stay Night, Higurashi no Naku Koroni

Back on topic of all these my favourite would have to Haibane Renmei. A very deep, touching and yet sad story about forgiving, redemption/ salvation and friendship. I recommend it to all...^_^

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya...This anime is getting a TON of attention.

Without giving any real spoilers, can you let me in on what the big deal is?

Fortifying Conditioner
Nanza Bandit
Location: My Body: Tennessee, My Mind: Someplace not work safe.

Post by Fortifying Conditioner »

If we're talking series, it would have to be Cowboy Bebop hands down.

If, on the other hand, we're talking about movies, it would be Millennium Actress.

Or, if we're talking about Ova's (or is it oav's?), it's a close call between Golden Boy and Oh! My Goddess.
Fortifies and Conditions!

Faust
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Faust »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya...This anime is getting a TON of attention.

Sure thing. Basically the show revolves around Haruhi Suzumiya and her new activity club that she just formed upon entering high school. The show is narrated through the eyes of a fellow club member. Through the 13 episodes you will experience the eccentrics of Haruhi and the mini adventures her club goes through...

Yes, B_G. I would recommend that you watch it. Why? It has it's funny moments, decent story, quirky characters, high school drama and the show is full of sarcastic dialogues my favourite. Lastly, the anime is done by Kyoto Animation, beautiful animation (eye candy), also did Kanon 2006 and Air TV. You can try wikipedia but be warned of the massive spoilers ahead if you tread that path. Lastly these are just my opinions, so I'm sorry if you watch it and end up disliking it.

Perhaps then after watching it for yourself you might be able to see why a lot of people worship Haruhi herself and the narrator of the story. Personally I don't, I'm more of a fan of another female character in the show...^_^

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

Fortifying Conditioner wrote:Or, if we're talking about Ova's (or is it oav's?), it's a close call between Golden Boy and Oh! My Goddess.

OAVs and OVAs are both legitimate terms.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Faust wrote:
Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya...This anime is getting a TON of attention.

Sure thing. Basically the show revolves around Haruhi Suzumiya and her new activity club that she just formed upon entering high school. The show is narrated through the eyes of a fellow club member. Through the 13 episodes you will experience the eccentrics of Haruhi and the mini adventures her club goes through...

Yes, B_G. I would recommend that you watch it. Why? It has it's funny moments, decent story, quirky characters, high school drama and the show is full of sarcastic dialogues my favourite. Lastly, the anime is done by Kyoto Animation, beautiful animation (eye candy), also did Kanon 2006 and Air TV. You can try wikipedia but be warned of the massive spoilers ahead if you tread that path. Lastly these are just my opinions, so I'm sorry if you watch it and end up disliking it.

Perhaps then after watching it for yourself you might be able to see why a lot of people worship Haruhi herself and the narrator of the story. Personally I don't, I'm more of a fan of another female character in the show...^_^

13 episodes? I can swing that. Does sound like if i DO like it, i'll be left wanting a lot more.

If i watch an anime, it generally has 24 to 26 episodes. I generally shy away from an anime that is 50 or more episodes.

Thanks for the information, though. All that i HAD been told is that it has massive hentai potential.

Sophia
Lostest Boy

Post by Sophia »

I didn't really start liking The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya until I watched about seven episodes...I wouldn't call it one of my favorites, but it was definately a fun show to watch.

A new anime I've added to my favorites is Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni. It's lacking a bit when it comes to the animation, but the disturbingly twisted story makes up for that.

Faust
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Faust »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:All that i HAD been told is that it has massive hentai potential.

Massive potential yes, but all you get here is just subtle ecchi scenes...Have fun. Minimal effort on google itself will prove how popular Haruhi is and its massive hentai doujin works...^_^
Sophia wrote:A new anime I've added to my favorites is Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni. It's lacking a bit when it comes to the animation, but the disturbingly twisted story makes up for that.

Ah yes, another fine example of how visual novels / B-Games can be adapted into excellent anime. Keeping an eye for this one too, getting it soon. Just finished watching Fate/Stay Night while following Kanon 2006 closely. I have 2 episodes of Negima!? that I have yet to watch...

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Faust wrote:
Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:All that i HAD been told is that it has massive hentai potential.

Massive potential yes, but all you get here is just subtle ecchi scenes...Have fun. Minimal effort on google itself will prove how popular Haruhi is and its massive hentai doujin works...^_^

Sweet.

Faust
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Faust »

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni. Anybody else caught this one, besides Sophia? Good grief I'm only up the 15th episode, and still it seems that I end up with more questions than answers after every single episode. Not that it is a bad thing of course. Since I'm not a big horror fan, this anime alone might just make me one. For those who have to watch it, please do. And the OP kicks major amount of ass.

Sumomo momo is also definitely one comedy anime not to be missed this season. Inukami! is very decent too, lots of ecchi scenes and comedy ( You heard that B_G?)

Going to start watching Tokimeki Memorial soon. Hope this anime lives up to the positive feedback I have been reading a lot from.

wildthehero
Lostest Boy

Post by wildthehero »

I'd have to say my favs are a toss up between Scrapped Princess and .Hack Sign. I just finished Gundam Seed too and that was pretty good. I love an anime that you have to buy as a box set. I'm talking about when you get to the end of the last episode on the disc, and you're like O.O... NOOOOOOOOOO!!! How could THAT be the end of an episode...ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER!!!, where's that box.. GIVE ME THAT NEXT DISC. Evangelion was like that too.
Who says you cant have your cake and eat it too!?!

Platinumdragon
Meribian Merchant

Post by Platinumdragon »

Right now my favorite Anime would be as followed

1. Yu Yu Hakusho
2. Naruto
3. Rurouni Kenshin
4. Dragonball Z

dragonmaster_jonathan
Reza Thief

Post by dragonmaster_jonathan »

As of now, Naruto... I sat and watched Japenese episodes all Friday and in the morning of Saturday... now I'm watching more -.-
I'm baaaack....