Batman Begins

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Batman Begins

Post by GhaleonOne »

Has anyone else seen this? I know it's been out in theatres so I'm sure others have, but I just saw it for the first time last night. It was really good! One of the best movies this year in fact.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Batman Begins

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:Has anyone else seen this? I know it's been out in theatres so I'm sure others have, but I just saw it for the first time last night. It was really good! One of the best movies this year in fact.

It was incredible.

I saw it two days before coming out in theatres as a sneak preview. Then, opening night, I saw it again. It was just that good.

Objectively speaking, it's the best 'superhero' film I've ever seen, or ever made for that matter. Subjectively speaking, I still liked X-Men 2 more, but then again I relate to the X-Men universe a lot better. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Certainly the best Batman movie.

The best competition out there for it are the Spiderman movies.

But I believe Batman wins.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I saw it about a week ago. It blew me away.

It was in a university auditorium, and the lines... occasionally I didn't understand them because the acoustics weren't the best. But when I heard them (most of the time), they worked! Everything about it was fantastic. The right amount (and quality) of humor, the villains and the intrigue around their plot, the childhood tie-ins...

Batman has never been one of my favorite series... I've more of respected it from afar, because it was difficult to get into some of the movies, and I didn't read the comics. But after seeing this, I must say... as far as superhero movies go, I like it at least as much as Spiderman 2, X-men, and Superman.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

I loved batman begins. Being a batman fan its nice to see a film that does the character justice. Its pretty much one of my favourite films

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

I saw it as well, back when it was still early in the theaters. I really liked it, definitely the best Batman movie to date in my book.

I was a little worried about Katie Holmes though... she seemed so, well for lack of a better word "young" for the role. I got so used to her on Dawson's Creek that it's been a little hard to see her as anyone else. However, I think she did a nice job. I thought that Batman's voice was a little weak... It really seemed like he was forcing his voice to sound different. I know though that as Batman he has to have a different voice because realistically you'd be recognized right away costume or not. I just thought he sounded a little funny a couple of times. Not a big deal though.

I was a little disappointed about not seeing Talia (or at least hearing a reference), wasn't that Raz Al Ghul's daughter? Then again I don't suppose it would've made too much sense for her to be in the movie anyhow. Also, wasn't Al Ghul Egyptian, not Asian? My batman knowledge is quite lacking, and it's been a while since I've watched the animated series too.

Oh and the scarecrow was freakin awesome. I mean, the look of the actor fit the character SO well. I recently saw previews for another movie in which he's the bad guy, but I can't recall the name. Great actor for sure!

I'm looking forward to seeing the movie again, it was really good... though I gotta say I got really giddy when I saw the XMen 3 movie poster! xD

That Other Person
Lostest Boy
Location: That one place over there. Next to that other place. You know where I mean.

Post by That Other Person »

Dude, after seeing all this praise for the movie, I have to see it. So far the only good Batman movie I've seen has been the one from 1989.

Yeah, my brother has it, I should probably watch it.
When you hit the bottom, the only way to go is up... unless you carry a shovel.

lnrSaxon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lnrSaxon »

i still haven't seen it. I really want to. One guy I know got a pirated DVD, I think from China. I don't agree with that. -_-;; Nonetheless, he got what he deserved when he realized the entire movie was in Russian. =) The guy he bought it from said it'd be in English, but nope, it's in Russian, and the subtitles sucked. I think throughout the movie, he kept calling Alfred "Honey" and the girl's name was translated as "Gloria."

I think i'll rent it one day. =) Do things legally. =D

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Speaking of Alfred, I really liked his actor in this one. Especially that scene where he leans back in the chair and goes "You can borrow the Rolls if ya like. Just bring it back with a full tank." The English accent with it makes it hilarious! Morgan Freeman was also awesome. I never was into Batman comics and cartoons, so I don't know if his character is from that or a new character, but he was awesome in it too.

Plus, it took me a while to realize the guy training Batman was the actor that played Qui-Gon in Phantom Menace. I knew I had seen him somewhere, but just couldn't place it. He's an amazing actor. One of my favorites. Hell, I don't think this movie had a bad actor. Crane, Holmes as Rachel, even Batman himself. All seemed like good actors. Overall, I was just extremely impressed with the acting, the plotline and the action.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Yeah, I was incredibly impressed, too. The thing that got me about Batman Begins was that it pulled off every single line just exactly how I'd like to hear it. I mean, nothing sounded arbitrary or forced, nothing sounded all melodramatic. The dialogue just came off as entirely believable, and didn't pull you away from the realistic world they created.

And the actors... yeah, every single character in the supporting cast was awesome. Right down to the police officers {^^}.

Morgan Freeman was also awesome. I never was into Batman comics and cartoons, so I don't know if his character is from that or a new character, but he was awesome in it too.

Morgan Freeman is one of my favorite actors. His character, Lucius Fox, is from the comics. By the end of the movie, the character is in the same role as he is in the comics. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

GhaleonOne wrote:Plus, it took me a while to realize the guy training Batman was the actor that played Qui-Gon in Phantom Menace. I knew I had seen him somewhere, but just couldn't place it. He's an amazing actor. One of my favorites. Hell, I don't think this movie had a bad actor.

Liam Neeson :) He is hella awesome I'll agree. I also liked Gary Oldman as Gordon :)