My gift for Kizyr!

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Kazie Solo
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

My gift for Kizyr!

Post by Kazie Solo »

First off, (belated) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :D

I'm sorry if I only posted this now. I finished it a day or two (I forgot, hehe) after Christmas but I couldn't get online as some random guy apparently stole the cable of our phone line so our Internet connection broke (and it hasn't been fixed yet). Anyway, allow me to make my introduction about this work of mine.

I really had a difficult time deciding what I'll be making for you. In fact, I had the urge to make it a collab with a friend of mine, or worse, have it commissioned for you. But I decided otherwise. Well, to start off, I'm horrible at fanart. It'll take me a very long time to even make something decent. I opted to write a fanfic next, but I felt that I really need to replay EB first before I write anything related to it (which I'm doing now). So I went for the parody, fanfic style. Then I realized I didn't have my precious book with me. *sweatdrops*

After periods of deliberation and randomness, I came up with this. I don't really know what to think of it because I don't really think it's pretty enough, as I'm not that good in graphics either. :(

The original poster looks like this.

And what I did came out like this:

^_^;

After making that I felt like making a fanfic version, but with school back on its feet, it will have to wait. Plus I still have to get my book from my classmate. And I'm still in the process of making the EB parody, sorry if I was unable to finish both on time. I'll post it whenever it gets done (hopefully soon). :)
<font color=pink>Beware of Phyco the Bunny Master, Lunartic the metal-rolling-pin-wielding Diva Sweetheart, and Kazie the White Bunny. We are going to take over... er, save the world!

...yes, we're accepting friends. ^_^</font>

Rimmie
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Rimmie »

Haha, that is kind of funny, when you consider the parody.

Some of the pictures aren't the best quality, and they kinda' stick out compared to the others. They weren't cut too badly, but seem like they need something to soften them up.

Other then that, I liked the lettering at the top, and the place of everything seemed to fit.

I think that poster you used for the background originally had Ghaleon in his idiot uniform, and I liked that other picture of Luna better in there.

But it makes a good quick parody =P, and it wasn't supposed to be a big deal anyway, so it works just fine. Didn't mean to be hard on you...
Pickle? I thought you said baseball card!

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Kizyr's been naughty all year and you give him a gift
bad bad bad.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Lunar Wars ehm? Boy, that sure does sound familiar, I don't know why, but it does... ;)

I love the poster by the way :P I should use it for my advertising campaign!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Maiku
Student of Vane

Post by Maiku »

I especially like how you did the font on the poster... Perhaps a Star Wars font? Either way, it's pretty neat :P

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Oh, thanks! I really like it.

Phyco, you should totally use this for your parodies. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Kizyr wrote: Phyco, you should totally use this for your parodies. KF
Trust me, I've been thinking of stealing it since I saw this post. It would seriously be cool to have this as a sort of my parody movie poster thing. Bwa hahaha.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kazie Solo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Kazie Solo »

Kizyr wrote:Oh, thanks! I really like it.

Phyco, you should totally use this for your parodies. KF
:D I'm glad you like it, Kiz! And I totally agree with you. :wink:

Rimmie wrote:Some of the pictures aren't the best quality, and they kinda' stick out compared to the others. They weren't cut too badly, but seem like they need something to soften them up.
I know. ^_^;; Especially that of Nash and Kyle. That frustrated me to no end. I was about to use Legend rips, but while that worked for Nall, that would've been really funny for Nash and Kyle. Quark's pic (and that of Lunar behind Alex) also ended up that way and I'm still looking for nicer pics so I can fix them up. If you can point me to better pics, please do! :D
Rimmie wrote:Other then that, I liked the lettering at the top, and the place of everything seemed to fit.

I think that poster you used for the background originally had Ghaleon in his idiot uniform, and I liked that other picture of Luna better in there.
I was hoping to find the exact font that was used at the top of the poster, but that one came pretty close. And yes, the background was that of Ghaleon and Luna (and Vane). I started out with a pic of Lunar and the Blue Star from the opening narration of EBC, but then I remembered that pic and decided to use it instead. Saved me a lot of time, lol. :lol:
Rimmie wrote:But it makes a good quick parody =P, and it wasn't supposed to be a big deal anyway, so it works just fine. Didn't mean to be hard on you...
Awww, but you're never hard on me. I really appreciate your comments. :D

phyco126 wrote:Lunar Wars ehm? Boy, that sure does sound familiar, I don't know why, but it does... :wink:
Oh but my dear Bunny Master, we all know where that came from. It was merely a coincidence that I like Star Wars as much as you do. :wink:
phyco126 wrote:Trust me, I've been thinking of stealing it since I saw this post. It would seriously be cool to have this as a sort of my parody movie poster thing. Bwa hahaha.
Then go steal it! :D

Maiku wrote:I especially like how you did the font on the poster... Perhaps a Star Wars font?
Yes, those are Star Wars fonts, except the one on top and 'The Silver Star' one. I couldn't find the exact font, but that's very close to what was used in the poster. :D
<font color=pink>Beware of Phyco the Bunny Master, Lunartic the metal-rolling-pin-wielding Diva Sweetheart, and Kazie the White Bunny. We are going to take over... er, save the world!

Rimmie
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Rimmie »

[Everything Kazie Solo said to me]
Nah, I have no idea where to find pictures, I was just tellin' ya what I thought. One idea for your next project is to find a gallery of shots from the same thing so they're all basically the same quality.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Kazie Solo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Kazie Solo »

I did find a gallery, but it's a screenshot collection of the cutscenes from both SSSC and EBC. The quality's different from the posters and other artwork, though, so I might have to look for more... wherever those are. And this is one of the reasons why my EBC parody poster is getting delayed all the more. :(

Rimmie
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Rimmie »

It can be hard to find pictures, I know, but a lot of googling would eventually solve your problem. =p

Kazie Solo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Kazie Solo »

I'm still googling, and the EB one hasn't had progress, lol. :lol:

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Kazie, feel free to use any of the LunarNET screenshots. That's what they're there for. And I'd dare say there's probably more Lunar screenshots on LunarNET than anywhere on the entire internet. And if you need any specific piece of artwork, let me know. I have a few pieces I haven't gotten around to putting on the site that might be of some help.
-G1

Kazie Solo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Kazie Solo »

Awesome! Thanks, G1! I'll sure take you up on that. :D When things calm down at the university hopefully I'll be able to get back to working on it. And editing the first one, too. :)

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

That's actually pretty neat. I like it. :)
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I'm still pissed off at the now defunct Working Designs for never sending me the posters I paid for, and one of them I paid for twice and didn't receive it! Rot in hell Vic.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Now, now. Those things happen.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

There's no excuse for sending money twice and still not receiving what you paid for. I even called them about it and still nothing was done. See what bad karma does?

Kazie Solo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Kazie Solo »

Dragonmaster Lou wrote:That's actually pretty neat. I like it. :)
Thanks, I'm glad you do! :D