Fanfiction -- Lunar: Crimson Hope (34 chapters as of 10/30)

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Fanfiction -- Lunar: Crimson Hope (23 chapters as of 5/29)

Post by Bravo 29 »

Oh gosh, I can see where this is going now. ^^;;; I don't want to risk spoiling anything, but I can have a good idea of what might occur. Keep it up. :D

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Fanfiction -- Lunar: Crimson Hope (23 chapters as of 5/29)

Post by DezoPenguin »

After last chapter's interlude with Jyrian, it's back to the main cast as they finally get a chance to follow Beldar's recommendation for helping Elia deal with her memory loss. But seriously, can Deane's sister have anything valuable to add?

She Really Is a Professor

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Fanfiction -- Lunar: Crimson Hope (25 chapters as of 6/26)

Post by DezoPenguin »

Just in case anyone's forgotten that Lunar is indeed a fantasy world amidst all the chatter, today's chapter corrects that in a hurry as the Vile Tribe makes a return appearance and our heroes have to run to the rescue!

Danger on the Wing

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Fanfiction -- Lunar: Crimson Hope (26 chapters as of 7/10)

Post by DezoPenguin »

Revelations of identity lead to squabbles among the heroes and Deane fears for the well-being of the furnishings when the heroes are introduced to...

The Man of the Prairie

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Fanfiction -- Lunar: Crimson Hope (27 chapters as of 7/24)

Post by DezoPenguin »

It's the one-year anniversary of when I started posting this story! I should have carefully scheduled a big battle scene or a heartbreaking romance or everybody taking Deane out to a nightclub for his birthday or something...

...but no, instead we get chatting over tea.

Tea and Tales

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Fanfiction -- Lunar: Crimson Hope (27 chapters as of 7/24)

Post by Bravo 29 »

It's quite alright, I wasn't expecting a major confrontation or anything after what had just occurred. A little tea never hurt, it actually seemed to help more than anything else. Of course, now that the party is complete, the real struggle begins. I can tell a major confrontation is looming just over the horizon, or possibly in the next chapter, one can never be too sure. :twisted: Until then.....

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Fanfiction -- Lunar: Crimson Hope (28 chapters as of 8/7)

Post by DezoPenguin »

Bravo29's guessed that a major confrontation is coming up, and he may be right. At least, the stakes appear to be getting higher, as this latest installation's extended exposition section appears to suggest...

Eairon

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Fanfiction -- Lunar: Crimson Hope (28 chapters as of 8/7)

Post by Bravo 29 »

Okay, just read the chapter. Very interesting insight into the mind the supposedly "mad" Eairon. From the sound of it, he truly believed he was doing what was best for LUNAR. Unfortunately, Ghaleon believed the same thing, and we know what came of it. As Karl Marx once said, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions," and those two characters definitely created a lot of hell on LUNAR, doing what they believed was right.

However, now the race truly begins. And if the Vile Tribe get there first, I can foresee the Pyre Lord shall become like Lord Blazer from Wild ARMs 2. Anyone who's beaten it will know exactly what I mean, and that's something the group can't allow. Anyway, keep up the good work.

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Fanfiction -- Lunar: Crimson Hope (29 chapters as of 8/21)

Post by DezoPenguin »

In this (admittedly short) chapter, the heroes do something that you've probably been saying "They should do this! It's so freaking obvious!" for the past two or three chapters. I'm hoping that even if they're often quirky and routinely cliched, they're at least not stupid.

The Seer

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Fanfiction -- Lunar: Crimson Hope (30 chapters as of 9/4)

Post by DezoPenguin »

And now we hit the road again, on the beginning of a serious side of the quest...

...and a sing-along breaks out. This is my favorite chapter of the story, so you've been warned. :D

The Problem with Minstrels

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Fanfiction -- Lunar: Crimson Hope (31 chapters as of 9/18)

Post by DezoPenguin »

Just in case anyone's forgotten that this is, y'know, an actual fantasy-adventure story, what with all the exposition and comedy chapters I've had, bad guys show up!

Ambush

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Fanfiction -- Lunar: Crimson Hope (32 chapters as of 10/2)

Post by DezoPenguin »

In the aftermath of last chapter's battle, Tabren faces some self-examination and a look at what "adventure" really is going to mean for him.

Resolution

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Fanfiction -- Lunar: Crimson Hope (32 chapters as of 10/2)

Post by Bravo 29 »

Yes, Tabren is definitely learning the hard way. Alex and Hiro never had to kill people for most of their quests. I hope he can overcome it, because the Burning Hand will have no qualms about killing him and the others for interfering with their plans. And now it looks like they were the ones pursuing Elia in chapter one. Very intriguing, can't wait to see how the story unfolds now. :D

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Fanfiction -- Lunar: Crimson Hope (33 chapters as of 10/16)

Post by DezoPenguin »

The heroes arrive in Dian, debate the morality of religious organizations possessing fancy buildings, get rained on because of it, and get to see what all the fuss has been about. Falcon prop provided by Hammett of Malta.

A Prayer and a Wing

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Fanfiction -- Lunar: Crimson Hope (34 chapters as of 10/30)

Post by DezoPenguin »

This interlude marks the break point between the end of the Katarina Zone arc and the Caldor Isle arc. Unfortunately, I've found that I'm going to have to put Crimson Hope on indefinite hiatus, so the next arc won't be forthcoming next week.

Interlude: Hand