ReMake of Lunar DS *New pic of Perit Village*

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: ReMake of Lunar DS *Update*

Post by Sadrin »

AlexHiro4- Thanks for the support! I sometimes worry that i'm putting more into the gfx than whats needed. Lunar's gfx are rather simple... lots of textures though! I'm trying to keep with that texture style. Just keep in mind that I havent made everything that your going to see. I'm using gfx from a few games but changing them so they all fit. Everything is heavily edited or made by me. Sprites will be 100% orignal but to the style of magic school.

As far as music? I have no idea. Its just a HUGE part of what lunar is. It's also the one part of the project that i'm scared about. If you know anyone who would like to help then Awesome! I have songs that I would like to use but not sure if I wan't to even take it that far. I'm just worried that this is going to take along time. I know once I'm done with Port Searis, Things will speed up a bit. Once I get to that point i'll be ok! lol

Is Chiro the fastest and is the main blue or red??
Depend On You Changed My Life.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Sadrin wrote: As far as music? I have no idea. Its just a HUGE part of what lunar is. It's also the one part of the project that i'm scared about. If you know anyone who would like to help then Awesome! I have songs that I would like to use but not sure if I wan't to even take it that far. I'm just worried that this is going to take along time. I know once I'm done with Port Searis, Things will speed up a bit. Once I get to that point i'll be ok! lol
Can you PM me your email address? That way I can give it to my friend and get you two in contact. I haven't listened to his stuff in a while, but I remember him writing some really good stuff in college and I KNOW he really wants to get his name out there. He got turned down at a big time grad school (for movie music composition), so working on a project like this might be good to have on his resume. Anyway, let me know. Thanks!
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

Sorry for the lack of posts the last few days. I've been rather busy. >_< + ^_^ = me right now. It's my one year of dating anniversary with my boyfriend so he took most of the week off to spend with me. It's alot of fun but its left me with little time to work on the project. I got a few hours in last night, went out to dinner and then came home to find out that the power went out! How random is that? I didn't save what I had been doing and lost it. >_< Stupid on my part... But today I FINALLY Have my rock/cliff textures made! After months of trial and error it's done! I call it: Coffee Bean Legend Cliff! :lol: So sorry that I did't get Port Searis done last friday. It will be done VERY Soon. It's looking very spiftastic!

lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest

Re: ReMake of Lunar DS

Post by lutomboy »

Definitely add Vane i missed it in the game or at lest the making of vane in the game would have been nice

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Sadrin wrote:Sorry for the lack of posts the last few days. I've been rather busy. >_< + ^_^ = me right now. It's my one year of dating anniversary with my boyfriend so he took most of the week off to spend with me. It's alot of fun but its left me with little time to work on the project. I got a few hours in last night, went out to dinner and then came home to find out that the power went out! How random is that? I didn't save what I had been doing and lost it. >_< Stupid on my part... But today I FINALLY Have my rock/cliff textures made! After months of trial and error it's done! I call it: Coffee Bean Legend Cliff! :lol: So sorry that I did't get Port Searis done last friday. It will be done VERY Soon. It's looking very spiftastic!
Congratulations on the Anniversary! That was really nice of him to take the week off. My two year anniversary with my girlfriend is the day before my birthday, so we're both taking two days in a row off this June. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you're back to working on the project. That sucks that the power went out though. Maybe you should be more OCD next time and compulsively save your progress. Lol. Oh, btw, I still haven't talked to my friend yet about doing the music for your game. I've been kind of busy lately too, so I keep forgetting to call him. I'll let you know when I find something out.
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

New picture and update added to the first post. Let me know what you guys think! That area isn't finished just yet... It needs a few touchups here and there. I hope it looks close to the orginal house in the upper right corner. I really want to show the good health that Lunar is in druing this time period.

lutomboy - Vane will be very much present but not so much as a school for magic. I just don't understand why they cut it. My only guess is that maybe they were saving it for a sequal?

AlexHiro4 - Thanks for the congrats! He's back at work again today... :( But that's giving me time to make this post. Lol Still miss him though!! Thats cool to have your anniversary and birthday the next day. I've been saving every time I get something done. I've just never had that happen to me? lol No rush on the music right now but the Idea is very cool. Thanks again for the support!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Sadrin wrote:lutomboy - Vane will be very much present but not so much as a school for magic. I just don't understand why they cut it. My only guess is that maybe they were saving it for a sequal?
Given the scope of the game, it wouldn't've fit. Although, I'd argue that the "scope" of the game was the problem in the first place. Basically, it was one of those things in very early design concepts, but when it got down to lining up the events of the game, there wasn't anywhere to fit it in.

My theory is that the Underwater Fortress/Lab thing was originally going to be Vane. It should start on-the-ground (to be in accordance with Lunar history), and it should probably be a center of research about magic, instead of an actual school. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

By the way, are you using stock game tiles that came with RPG Maker for all of this? I have RPG Maker XP and it is murder trying to do anything with it. It lacks any tiles to make full maps, and even the "village" tiles are anything but.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

Kizyr - I'm using Info that GhaleonOne gave me from early production notes. The Negri ocean lab is actually under what would be vane. The notes that GhaleonOne gave me have really opened up the story. I'm really excited about the possibilities. I'm really having a hard time understanding why this game went the way it did.

phyco126 - I am using a very few files from the run time pakage. I happen to like the style. That doesn't mean that I'm using it everywhere I can. The tiles i'm using are all made by me. I am using textures and objects from many games including every lunar game to make up the tiles. Everything is changed to fit my style of maps. I want everything to be consistent. I really hope the amount of work i've put into my maps will show. Right now the tile for Port Searis is 8X219 blocks thats 265x7008 pixels, so it's rather large. I have some spaces open so i'm really hoping that It wont become any larger.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, having learned how to import tile sets, including some all in one sets, what really made me want to cry is trying to figure out how to set the movement ON the tiles, which ones can be walked on, under, or blocked. Hundreds of tiles... *cry*

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

phyco126 wrote:Well, having learned how to import tile sets, including some all in one sets, what really made me want to cry is trying to figure out how to set the movement ON the tiles, which ones can be walked on, under, or blocked. Hundreds of tiles... *cry*
This is why I don't mess with game design. Kudos to all you guys that can deal with the headache of doing all this stuff. Lazy people like me get to benefit from your hard, tedious work. Lol.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well for me, a few things hamper me with RPG Maker XP.

1. I can edit L:L sprites for facial expressions, head swapping, etc. But this is minor, usually editing anywhere from 2 to 30 pixles. Nothing major. Don't ask me to create all new tiles or sprites, as I cannot.
2. If I had the time, and the patience (as well as the focus needed, I'm one of those ":ets get this done OHSOMETHINGSHINY*SQEEWWWWW*" people) then I can edit those master tiles that everyone did for use.
3. I really hate using someone else's work without them expressly saying that I (specifically me) can use this for this specific game. Doesn't matter if it is for public use, even for profit. I just have a hard time. Maybe I will sit down with RPG Maker XP and try to create a small tile set for personal use?
4. I can come up with some pretty fun and intresting stories, and even play those stories like a movie in my head with uber effects. When it comes to games, I sort of lack the talent to translate my stories into, well, game stories.

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

phyco126 - passablity of the tilesets are like the very last thing I ever do. As long as you know whats on what layer you should be just fine. It can get confusing... as far as what hampers you..
1- Sprites are my weak point. I'm alright with little editing. I made battle sets for Zoc in the style of L:Legend and that took DAYS... but he came out neat!
2- I spend alot more time than what is needed when i'm making things. Thats why its taking me so long! >_<
3- So far 95% of the stuff i'm using is ripped and edited by me. I'm using a few rtp files as a base and I might just trash those later.
4. LOL I know what you mean! Everything looks uber better in your mind! I just try and remember that everything that the player will see is 2D. That puts my focus more on whats going on around the characters. That could be anything from just the map design or say.. a cat walking by and sniffing the air.
The more you play around with rmxp the better you'll get. I've been using rpg makers since RM95!

**Small update**
I've got the whole layout of Port Searis done! YAY! The only things left are... Water, and Gad's express sign. So i'm thinking that rather than spending another day on stupid gad's express, I'll just finish the rest of the map so that way I can post it here. If I have time tomorrow, I'll have a nice update for everyone. :)

I'm looking for someone to help me with the story line layout. I've got alot of ideas but I need someone with more info into lunar lore. The new content that was given to me changes alot of the story, so I just want to make sure everything fits well.

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Re: ReMake of Lunar DS *Port Searis UPLOADED For View*

Post by Sadrin »

**UPDATE**
Port Searis is up for Viewing. Let me know what you think. If you see anything that doesn't fit please let me know. Textures that apear blocky will be fixed at a later time. I'm just ready to move on to more production work. :P Again if anyone can help let me know.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Wow! This looks amazing! I'm really excited to see future updates.

Btw, my friend hasn't been picking up his phone, so I left a message yesterday. I'll keep trying to contact him so he can get started on the music. I know you said there's no rush on the music, but composing is a lengthy process. He needs to start soon if he's going to do it. Sorry for the delay. I would write the music myself, but I compose about as good as a 4 yr old. Lol.

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

4 year olds make the best music!
Did you happen to look at the larger map? There is so little detail in the smaller map... Do you think it looks like Port Searis from the DS game? :|

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Wow.

Um...

I'd better get crackin' on those portraits, huh? >>; :-P Awesome work though. ^^
-Nobi

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

Nobiyuki77 - Thanks! I'm glad you like. ^_^ Being that your on errr... "staff" would you like to see the full sized map? It shows all textures and what it will look like while playing. I didn't post the orginal beause (Not anyone from here but still) I don't want people to claim as their own. Oh and Nobiyuki77? No worries about getting the portraits done right now, take your time. :)

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Okay. I apologize, I've been so busy since I'm in physical therapy for a car accident I was in back at the end of January (getting rear-ended sucks). >> That should be ending sometime next week though. :-)

Sure you can send me the full map. PM me.
-Nobi

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Sadrin wrote:4 year olds make the best music!
Did you happen to look at the larger map? There is so little detail in the smaller map... Do you think it looks like Port Searis from the DS game? :|
Are you talking about the big map on page 1? Yes I looked at that. I actually think it looks BETTER than it did on the DS game, but it's similar enough that you definitely know what it is. Good job.