ReMake of Lunar DS *New pic of Perit Village*

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: ReMake of Lunar DS *Port Searis UPLOADED For View*

Post by Sadrin »

Nobiyuki77 - Very sorry about your car accident. I have a huge fear of driving because i've known so many people to be killed or hurt. So yeah just make sure your Ok and well. I hope you sued so you can see a massage therapist.

AlexHiro4 - Thanks! It took forever to make everything look like the one from the DS. It looked so bare after I had the layout done so I had to really change alot of things. Port Searis is one of the busyest cities on lunar.
Depend On You Changed My Life.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Minor adjustments to the first three, plus a 4th

Tried to draw today but couldn't get into the flow. I would say the first one came out well... except that it took 2 hours. 2 HOURS!! >> << I was really off my stride today. >>

-Nobi

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

Wow these look so great!!! Seeing these makes me want to play the remake so bad!! I know thats crazy talk because i'm making it but still! I think your artwork will really bring things together!

Sorry for the lack of updates!! I'm working on the dragon temples. I say temple because i'm going to stay away from caves for the dragons. We've all played those. I'm jumping from each temple every day... I just keep getting more and more ideas. I'll post some pictures soon!

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Sounds good to me. Once I finish those last two sketches up I'll color them. I'm not entirely sure how to format them so that there's no white background behind them though, so I'll need your help with that.
-Nobi

YuureiKun
Burg Farmer

Post by YuureiKun »

This seriously looks like an amazing project. If you need any additional help with artwork, let me know. Even if its just to CG the existing sketches and stuff. ^_^

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

Wow... Ok sorry for the lack of posts!! I've had a very busy last two weeks! I'm on track again! To show that everything is still going on, i've made an early screen shot of what the text and map format might look like. I've added it on the first post. Now please don't kill me... We all know what tower that is. I'm not sure if its going to play apart just yet, but it fits with the events of vane. I also really want to show that Lunar is really old. Lunar EB has alot of temples and whatnot so I want to give that feeling back. I'm not looking to have Jian and Co. run through cave after cave. Let me know what you guys think of this idea and/or any ideas for some of the temples we know of.
-Another reason for the Star Dragon tower is also to show how much I want this to feel like its own game. I didn't want to rip the graphics from EBC to make this. My sprites are larger than those of EBC so it looked odd when it was all put together.

Nobiyuki77- Do you use photoshop? If anything I can do formatting of the pictures. I've been playing around with your black and white pictues and it looks great.

YuureiKun- Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the offer! I think Nobiyuki77 has the portraits taken care of. If your interested in helping with anyother form of art let me know. :)

YuureiKun
Burg Farmer

Re: ReMake of Lunar DS *First Screen *

Post by YuureiKun »

Is it possible to have bromides in this game? I would easily be able to whip up some of those. Pinup artwork is pretty much my specialty. :D It's just a matter of whether or not your RPG maker would support having bromides.

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

YuureiKun - bromides would be great for the project! Thats a nifty idea! The only thing is that Nobiyuki77 is doing the face graphics for the characters. This is already a huge task... so i'm not sure if he would want to do bromides later on. I don't want to take something away from him that he might want to do. I also don't want to have different drawing styles. Maybe you guys could work together? I'm not sure how well that works with artists. :? You said you wouldn't mind doing the CG part of the drawings? I would talk it over with Nobiyuki77, just send him a PM. Do you have any artwork that we may see?

Just a little update...
I'm working on the blue dragon's cave/temple as of right now. I've started over on making the titleset three times now! lol It's going to be very spiffy once its done. :mrgreen:

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

For the love of Althena:
Let Jian actually FIGHT Ignatius. No falling off without a duel first.

No elemental ring junk. Jian can have all his spells without having to pick just one.

Ignatius is the current Dragonmaster...the man would be more frightening, I think, if he was notably wearing the traditional Dragonmaster gear Dyne and Alex wore in the future. He needs to look more like a Dragonmaster, and less like Ghaleon version 0.5. And in the fight you're supposed to lose, none of that throwing a fireball junk. He should beat Jian and Gaby down with Althena's Sword and nothing less.

The end of the game should involve Jian stripping Ignatius of the aforementioned gear and taking it himself.

As others have said, none of this purple hair junk for Lucia. Blue hair, damnit!

Well...now that I think about it...if the combat system looks like Lunar 1 and 2... Jian should have 5 attacks by level 99 (Like Alex or Jean), Rufus should have 3 attacks for the short time he's actually IN your party. (Like Laike), Gabby might also have 5 by level 99 (Like Jean), Flora as an archer should have 3 by level 99 (Like Nash), Lucia should only get one, but it should be an automatic ranged AOE (Like Lemina). Also, each attack should be calculated by itself...if an attack kills something, the character moves and attacks the next enemy with his or her remaining attacks.

Ditch the losing hp for running and other such things that made DS annoying. And for the love of Althena who art in heaven, NO EQUIPMENT BREAKING. Ever. Period.

If Jian strips Ignatius of Althena's Sword and the Dragonmaster Armor, he should then change into a swordsman, regardless of his previous occupation as a martial artist. What he'd fight after Ignatius goes down, I'm not sure, but it could have something to do with the raising of Vane.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I'll see if I can squeeze in time to do some bromides ^_~ (I'm also trying to work on my book artwork too, very busies! >>)

Love the screenshot by the by, I'll see if I can get that portrait colored for you so that you can have a colored profile for your test screenshot.

EDIT: YuureiKun, do you have any samples of your colored CGs you can send me?
-Nobi

YuureiKun
Burg Farmer

Post by YuureiKun »

I have something quick I am working on of Lucia, I was coloring it and then Painter decided to crash on me. >.> I will post something for you to look at soon.

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

Right now i'm writing my basic ideas down for the story... I've been reading many posts on all of the lunar games and what everyone has been saying about topics. I really enjoy reading posts that are like 3 years old. lol So i'm trying to please everyone but making this all fit within lunar rules and what not. I'm working on a simple storyline layout so I end up with real limit to what I want to have within the game. Anyone wanna help me with this? My boyfriend is going to fix my grammer so that way anyone can understand it. lol

Angelalex242 - Awesome post!! Thank you so much! These are the kind of things I love to read!! :-D so to respond... Now i'm trying to figure out why the developers did some of the things that they did. I don't know why they made Lucia's hair pink, I was thinking of changing it to blue but I think i've figured out a way for it to stay pink and a reason why.

-Jian will fight Ingatius... no worries on that. I liked the idea they had with the ending but it didn't feel right and that will be a huge change.
-I hated the elemental ring thing from the start. I would like to see Jian and Ingatius as full Dragon Masters. I don't know how two dragon masters can be at the same time but other than outfits Jian and Ingatius are dragon masters right? I feel that they would cancel eachother out though. :wink:
-I'm going to try my hardest to build a combat system like that of Lunar 1/2. This will be the biggest task of them all. I'm still looking for someone to help with this but it will be done.
-I kinda felt that because Lunar is younger than that of lunar 1/2, shouldn't there be more magic in the air? I would like many more attacks and skills for each character. Oh and levels will mean something.
-No losing HP while running! They should be buring up calores instead.
-Never will your equipment break. All equipment is backed by a 100% money back guarantee.
-I'm not sure about Jian using the sword. He might not be comfortable with using a sword in battle? He might need it when the time comes though?
-The true ending will be with Vane raising to the sky. I'm going to try and work this out to be an epilogue.

on a side note of all of this... Ignatius will be someone to fear but i'm going to make it so the player is left to form their own opinion about him and what he's done. Thanks again Angelalex242!

Nobiyuki77- Anything that you do will be greatly welcomed. No rush though. :)

The screenshot still needs alittle work but it was just a test to see how everything looks so thanks!

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Sadrin wrote:I'm not sure about Jian using the sword. He might not be comfortable with using a sword in battle? He might need it when the time comes though?
I agree, his weapon of choice through out the game should be a combination of gloves and boots. :D
-Nobi

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:
Sadrin wrote:I'm not sure about Jian using the sword. He might not be comfortable with using a sword in battle? He might need it when the time comes though?
I agree, his weapon of choice through out the game should be a combination of gloves and boots. :D
I'd agree, too. If he was a functional swordmaster, he'd actually use a sword in combat (after all, swords are, realistically speaking, more effective combat weapons than feet; little things like reach, edges and points, extra weight, not having to use your own body to strike against hardened armor and giant monsters, etc., etc.) during the game. Althena's Sword is a neat weapon, but it doesn't take over his body and do the fighting for him, which is what it'd have to do.

Might be a good plan to have him have to employ it during a story event in a non-combat capacity, though, when invoking some Dragonmaster-type magic, to keep its importance as an important talisman of a Dragonmaster's power.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Sadrin wrote:-I kinda felt that because Lunar is younger than that of lunar 1/2, shouldn't there be more magic in the air? I would like many more attacks and skills for each character.
The opposite would be the case. In Lunar TSS, magic was around, but really centralized since you still had a lot of the old institutions: the Magic Guild of Vane, Vane itself, the Goddess Tower, the Goddess' rebirths, and the Dragonmaster. In Lunar EB, magic was more democratized since Althena left her power to be inherited by the people of Lunar. So, more people had access to magic in that era.

Lunar DS is the opposite. It's before Althena really even let any of her power out. The fact that so few people can use magic in Lunar DS is intentional; it's still a very uncommon thing in Jian's world.

You can compensate for that by having more special skills for each of the characters. Not magic per se, but more abilities like Kyle or SSS Alex had. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

About him using the sword...
DezoPenguin- The bit about using the sword for casting dragonmaster magic is a swell idea.

Nobiyuki77- His gloves could be used as a 2nd weapon? maybe as a little power up. He is a acrobat after all so I guess having a nice pair of gloves would help. :)

Kizyr-
I swear I read that someplace. Thank you for letting me know that. I'm not sure how I missunderstood that. :oops: But now that helps me apply things to Vane so this was a big help... Now I understand something that I didn't get from the notes I have. THANKS! :D

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Sadrin wrote:I swear I read that someplace. Thank you for letting me know that. I'm not sure how I missunderstood that. :oops: But now that helps me apply things to Vane so this was a big help... Now I understand something that I didn't get from the notes I have. THANKS! :D
Glad to be of help. I really think you can use this fact to add to Vane's story. I mean, a center of magic research when magic is common is just about, say, creating new spells and everything. A center of magic research when it's rare takes on a whole new dimension.

It's sort of like Yoda during Episode I, when there were plenty of Jedis, and Yoda during Episode V, when there were only a handful left. In Episode V he had way more significance. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

Alot of magic items will be made in Vane and sold in Olbeage. That was the orginal idea anyway. Not sure I like the name Olbeage? Anyone know anything behind that name?

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Sadrin wrote:Alot of magic items will be made in Vane and sold in Olbeage. That was the orginal idea anyway. Not sure I like the name Olbeage? Anyone know anything behind that name?
I don't think there was a lot of thought behind the names. Most of them sounded kind of Germanic, particularly the beastmen towns. I suggested using the names Hielritz, Geistol Mine, Liefon, etc., instead of the names they ended up going with--though UbiSoft probably felt, and rightly so, that they'd come off as being a bit harder to pronounce for most people.

Anyway, I used to call it, say, Eau Belrouge or something, mostly 'cause I could never remember the name and I just wanted something that looked better. However, my usual method is just to stick with the English name after an official version is released, to avoid confusion. Hence why I stick with "Vile Tribe" and all the WD transliterations of each of the names in SSS and EB whenever I translate. Oh, that and I like how they transliterated everything. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

So I finally got a chance to see the screenshot/map you posted at the beginning of this topic. The detail on the map is absolutely amazing, it really does look like the DS screenshot. I am really impressed by the sheer amount of detail that is in the screenshot of your game as well.

Well good job and keep up the good work. It's good to see more Lunar fans making their own Lunar games. :)