ReMake of Lunar DS *New pic of Perit Village*

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: ReMake of Lunar DS *New Picture*

Post by GhaleonOne »

I would actually be interested in the audio myself if you'd be willing to share?
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, the music from that game was pretty good, as I recall. Close enough to other Lunar music to be recognizably similar but not identical.

Arm
Nanza Bandit

Post by Arm »

No problem. If you tell me where to upload, I can send you the rar file (around 150 mb) containing the audio tracks.
They are in mp3 format with a high bitrate.

On another topic, I remember there was a thread from 2006 about artworks taken from the game's guidebook.

http://www.lunarthreads.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1208

Would it be possible to repost those pictures ? As there doesn't seem to be many pictures or artworks featuring characters from this game excepting the official game poster.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Yes I'm still working on this, I'm just sadly well known for being a slow colorist. >>

and I still need to clean up the line work.
-Nobi

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:and I still need to clean up the line work.
Quick comment on this... The shading looks great and all, but the shape of the lower half of her face--particularly her jaw line--looks too masculine. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I think it's that the line of her mouth is too wide.

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

I'm back from holiday. I had a wonderful time and found out that I probably have salmonella poisoning but being that I have no insurance, a Doctor can't tell me for sure. >_<

I'm working on houses for Perit village right now and I should have a picture for everyone tomorrowish...
Depend On You Changed My Life.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Sadrin wrote:I'm back from holiday. I had a wonderful time and found out that I probably have salmonella poisoning but being that I have no insurance, a Doctor can't tell me for sure. >_<

I'm working on houses for Perit village right now and I should have a picture for everyone tomorrowish...
Oh no! Are you going to be alright?
-Nobi

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Alunissage wrote:I think it's that the line of her mouth is too wide.
You're right, I think. I hadn't noticed that, but I've been looking at a lot of pictures, and that seems to be the case. When I imagined the above artwork with her mouth being the lower line and the upper line being absent (or a mustache), it looked much better.

I don't know why I associate wider lips with masculinity though. Maybe it has something to do with what it implies about the chinline, making it a jauntier, more daring facial expression.
Nobiyuki wrote:Oh no! Are you going to be alright?
I'm saying this to alleviate your worry, especially if it's mistaken, as I've seen some people who think salmonella is a killer, or at least a serious illness (and why not, given all the coverage it's gotten). It sucks to get it, and if your immune system is weak, you're very young, or very old, then yes, it is threatening. Otherwise, it affects nearly all of us like any other stomach bug.

That said, hope you get better soon, Sadrin. :/ Get rest if you can.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I'm not sure if the wider mouth always signifies a more masculine face, but it seems to in Lunar characters. I'm thinking in particular of a piece of TSS line art of Kyle, or actually of Jessica scowling while thinking of Kyle (in a thought balloon), and he has a pretty wide mouth there. The female mouths, except when they're laughing widely like Elie and Rena in the banner at top of this screen, are usually pretty tiny. I'm sure this has to do with trying to find some way to distinguish male and female faces in a highly-stylized, um, style, just as hair and color are used to distinguish one character from another. Except for Kyle's smaller, more slitted eyes and excluding things like Jess's and Gabryel's ears and Hiro's tattoos, do any of the faces really look different from one another, without hair and coloring?

Arm
Nanza Bandit

Post by Arm »

Hi,

I've uploaded the soundtrack on the ftp.
I also thought I could share some little sketches I did a couple of days ago.
It's not much for now, but I shall post some more later.
Attachments
LUNAR DS sketch Armen M. 1.jpg
LUNAR DS sketch Armen M. 1.jpg (123.86 KiB) Viewed 18675 times

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Nice stuff there. Ignatus's head seems a mite long there, but otherwise nice stuff.

I'm hoping to get another sketch of Gabryel done by tonight, more if possible of Lucia as well.

Hey Arm, you wanna help color? As I've expressed in the past I'm a bit slow on the coloring end, so I wouldn't mind the help at all. :D
-Nobi

Arm
Nanza Bandit

Post by Arm »

Hi,

It will be a bit difficult for me to do coloring at the current moment because since last week, I have another work to do using the computer.
I'll have also less time because of deadlines. But, I'll try to stay in touch and see how things proceed ;)

Anyway, I wish you good luck for the rest of the project.
Last edited by Arm on Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I'm going to need to redraw the one on the right. It's just... not quite right. >>

-Nobi

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Re: ReMake of Lunar DS

Post by Sadrin »

Wow Arm! Ignatus is really scary looking! The pictures look great though!!

Nobiyuki77, the picture of Gabryel is awesome! you know? She kinda looks like Tifa from FF7.

Again sorry for no real update.
I just have parts of things at the moment. lol I'll post something neat within a few days! I swear!!! I've just been over busy with my iphone not working!! :x
Depend On You Changed My Life.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I got me a new laptop and a new tablet! ^_^ This is almost done, I need to get used to the new tablet 'cause it's a bigger size (6X8 instead of 4X5). I adjusted her mouth size and chin size like you asked Alun.

-Nobi

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:I got me a new laptop and a new tablet! ^_^ This is almost done, I need to get used to the new tablet 'cause it's a bigger size (6X8 instead of 4X5). I adjusted her mouth size and chin size like you asked Alun.
Something... still looks a bit masculine about it. I guess I can't quite put my finger on it.

If you can get meg or Lucia to respond, they would probably be able to offer much more specific critiques. All I can say is something kind of looks "off", but it's hard to tell exactly what it is. Sorry. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Previous version --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Somewhat updated version

Changes made

- Lost the giraffe neck
- Made her left (our right) shoulder a bit smaller and thinner

Tell me if this looks better or worse, I don't want her to look masculine...
-Nobi

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

It does look better by comparison... But still, I think you should have someone with a better eye than me go over it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

I'm not an artist but it seems to me that Lucia's chin is a bit to pointed, and the lower portion of her face (below the mouth) seems to be a little long, but not by much though. Really it looks great!