[Fanfic] Morhault's Fall--now complete!

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

[Fanfic] Morhault's Fall--now complete!

Post by DezoPenguin »

In the next few "off" weeks (since Crimson Hope updates every other week), I'll be presenting this side-story. Morhault told Edric, Elia, and Tabren the story of his fall from the Lion Knights of Ilan in Crimson Hope chapter 8, but here is the entire tale in depth. I hope the eight of you following the tale find that it sheds a bit of light on our protagonist!

Chapter One
Last edited by DezoPenguin on Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Re: [Fanfic] Morhault's Fall

Post by DezoPenguin »

Two weeks down, and we're two-thirds of the way there. It strikes me, after reviewing the battle scene, that Vane is being stingy with its magicians. As it should be.

Chapter Two

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Re: [Fanfic] Morhault's Fall--now complete!

Post by DezoPenguin »

And here we are in the final chapter, where Morhault quixotically decides to take his punishment like a man. You know it's bad when you start really wondering what's going through the mind of your characters.

(What really bugs me on some level is that if Morhault was Hiro, he'd have managed to save the lovers and stop the war and get everybody involved to apologize and say what a Bad Thing it was that they ever contemplated getting in the way of True Love for any reason whatsoever...Then again, Morhault doesn't have the Power of Wuv working on his own behalf here, so that gets in the way.)

Anyhow, ramblings aside:

Chapter Three

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

Alright, I know it's been a couple of months, but I finally took the time to read this. Man, that was a sticky situation he found himself in. Clearly, I can't blame Morhault for feeling partially deceived by the Tamur mayor. And when I think about the conversation between him and Feldon in the cell, it reminded me of what Ghaleon asked Hiro in EB: Are you willing to bear the blood of an entire world for this girl you love so dearly? Yes, it was a tragic fate that befell Morhault, but a lesser man might've been pushed to real villainy after that. Fortunately, it didn't happen, but it makes me wonder of some of his old comrades might get involved in the main story once they learn of his current situation. It's obvious Oren felt exile was too good for him, I can almost see him trying to end his former master personally, and such feelings could make him vulnerable to the machinations of the Burning Hand, but I digress. Any keep up the good work with the main story. :D

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

Bravo 29 wrote: And when I think about the conversation between him and Feldon in the cell, it reminded me of what Ghaleon asked Hiro in EB: Are you willing to bear the blood of an entire world for this girl you love so dearly?
Morhault's character, as you've noted, is definitely based upon the Gospel According To Hiro: Do what's right based on the situation in front of you and let the long-term take care of itself. Basically, he can't bring himself to let the good of the hypothetical many outweigh the good of the immediate and specific few. Some might say that's a heroic attitude. Others might call it short-sighted and weak. Both might be right.
Fortunately, it didn't happen, but it makes me wonder of some of his old comrades might get involved in the main story once they learn of his current situation. It's obvious Oren felt exile was too good for him, I can almost see him trying to end his former master personally, and such feelings could make him vulnerable to the machinations of the Burning Hand, but I digress.
I will go so far as to say that Morhault's past will not remain a merely character-defining piece of background detail in the main story. Anything beyond that you'll have to wait for. :twisted:

And thanks for reading, and responding!