Lunar 3:Fragments of the Past

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
ciaron23
Saith Pirate
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar 3:Fragments of the Past

Post by ciaron23 »

I can easily say i've waited enough for this to come out... so i've decided to make the "unofficial" sequel to Lunar 2, Lunar 3:Fragments of the past.
I'm currently the only one undertaking this task, so don't expect much but a good story
and some character you'd probably cry with.

What it doesn't have:
Sadly, no Anime cutscenes... I wanted to but... I can't imagine making it anime cutscenes...
I can draw, but i can't animate :O
No sideview battle system... it's a pain in the butt to find sprites for the characters, that's all
No Voice over's.... Because I don't have 50 different voices :D
hmm... that's about everything it doesn't have.

What it does have:
regular cutscenes, the ones with the character sprites.... I think you know what i mean.
Faces in message boxes... so you actually know what they look like other than pixelated
characters on the map (all graphics resources other than the Lunar 3 Logo and Title image
are courtesy of those in rpgrevolution.com)
Front-view Battle system... I personally am appalled by it...
it has text?
It has a few of the icons from the Lunar series, as well as the sound effects!

that's pretty much NOT it hehe.... here come the previews...

this was an old poster I made for an older version of the game... before my computer
flopped. It was called fragments of a Memory... but I rewrote that to fragments of the past...
I still like the color contrasts :D
These are images from the previous version I was working on, that failed because the maker
was as much of a flop as a dead computer... but still okay.

and here's the story:
two years After the Events in Lunar: Eternal Blue, the Blue star became a habitable place once more in regions where the snow had melted just enough to give way to seedlings. Fresh water was all around from the melting snow. ponds first formed, then lakes, the snow slowly revealing fertile volcanic soil, where the first two settlers have taken it to their duty to bring green life into this world. years passed, eventually, the snow had melted enough for ponds, and lakes to form a larger body of water, the Oceans. the Blue Star was shedding its cold layer, to reveal the beauty that was once homeworld to the Humans. But, along with the beauty that was revealed from beneath the snow, a dark and ancient Secret also lurked deep under the snow, only known to Lucia and Hiro, the first two settlers to call the Blue Star their home. Lucia sealed away this dark force in a void behind the doors of a mountain fortress, knowing it was all too well indestructible, even for her, the new Goddess of the Blue Star. Time passed, eventually bringing the people of Lunar to their original world of the Blue Star, keeping the dark entity that lurked within the Void a secret.
Lucia and Hiro, to their disdain, had a daughter. Lucia knew all too well that when her first daughter would be born, the Void behind the doors of the Fortress would hinder in power, thus putting the Blue Star on the fine line between peace, and oblivion, the only way to save the Blue Star, was to sacrifice their Daughter, for the greater good, but neither Hiro, nor Lucia could bring themselves to take the life of their daughter, Emma,
and lived with the key to destruction for thirteen years. Until the time of the first Eternal Twilight came on her 13th birthday. The night sky became Blood red as Lunar, the second home of Humans, turned Crimson red, to a red hot, as it slowly became an inferno in the night sky. The abundant Lunar was nothing more than a wasteland of ashes, those few that survived, died soon after, the atmosphere and all necessities for life, evaporated along with many loved ones. Lucia, and Hiro mourned for the loss of all those who stayed on Lunar, and the loss of such a beautiful and adventurous love for life that made it so worthwhile in staying. as the days progressed from then on, life on the Blue Star became tenuous, and life threatening. Emma, knowing the story of the Void Behind the Door well, took it into her hands and did the most selfless act imaginable, and sealed herself away, high in the Althenian Mountains to the East of her home, leaving only a note of what will become of her. Years passed, the world was at peace once more, and Hiro and Lucia were soon expecting twin boys, telling them stories of their older sister and her act to save the Blue Star. Everything was as it would have been on their now deceased prior home, Lunar. Children are born and raised, move on to make friends, and families of their own, and eventually come to pass. Hiro dies on his death bed from old age a hundred years after, Lucia only able to watch in mourning, dies soon after from a broken heart, willing her power to her daughter, to uphold the stability of the Void. Thousands of year pass, and the world is under rule of the descendants of Lucia and Hiro, but however, the bloodline seems to have disappeared as the Lucian family tore apart, only reemerging a hundred years prior. now is when the search for the truth behind the Lucian Family, the frozen Tomb in the Althenian mountains, and a family curse begin
one more thing I have two videos on these games, First version of the gamehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjvq8nvQ1aU
Second version of the gamehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn4tyQAyE8w
As soon as i've completed more on the third version... i'll make a video and post it... until then, Althena be with you XD

EDIT: One more thing, I'll appreciate any help I can get from fellow Lunatics (hehe)
if it leads to this project's completion, I'm not begging, but if you can
find me more Lunar Sound effects or anything of the like, it'd be great!
(on the other hand, original artwork for the face graphics and battle pictures
will definitely be a plus XD ) Thanks if any!

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Lunar 3:Fragments of the Past

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Wow, story looks good. How far away from completion are you? I'd like to download it once you finish it.
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Making a game is hard work, but your doing good so far.

ciaron23
Saith Pirate

Post by ciaron23 »

Currently about 0.1% completed... hehe... I plan on making a VERY LONG game

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Ok, I gotta move this to "The Arts" forum. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

ciaron23
Saith Pirate

Post by ciaron23 »

Figured it would fall under one of those two categories, thanks.

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

RMVX I see... Neat! I thought about using it but its way limited and rather easy to make everyone's game look the same. If I were you I use custom graphics. Lunar has a feel about it that sets it apart from everyother rpg. I'm not seeing that within your snapshots. I think that would really help your game. As far as your story? I don't know... sounds like you should just start fresh... You've destoryed Lunar right? The story takes place many years after Hiro dies. From what i've read... seems like your real story takes place within all the choas of lunar being destoryed? why not try and save it? Keep up the good work though. :)
Depend On You Changed My Life.

ciaron23
Saith Pirate

Post by ciaron23 »

Alright... Lets see if i can come up with pretty well rounded characters!

Leon: Lives alone in the outskirts of Belnar, off the sympathies of the village after losing both his parents to the Great Civil War of the Isles. Rumors have spread in Belnar that he has no ability to wield magic... like his mother, because of a family curse.

Elan: Leons long-time friend. Tends to drag Leon off into some adventure. Has gotten them both into trouble plenty of times in the past... but what awaits this next one the approaching Blood Moon?

Emma: Enigmatic girl whose very existence contradicts the teachings of the Velminar Church of the Blue Star. She is first seen wandering the icy Althenian mountains. Her nightmares
are plagued with the destruction of the Blue Star because of her awakening. If left alone,
her selfless nature will surely cause her to do whatever it takes to do away with herself, once and for all for the good of the world.

Cyrus: Protector of the Melinan Village near the base of the Althenian mountains. On his rounds, he discovers Emma wandering half naked in the snow and quickly takes her in.
his quick to judge and high and mighty attitude makes him seem like an egotistical idiot at times, but he's a real softy in reality.

Evan: One of the few Alma's still living. His childhood is ridden with disasters after joining the
Velminar ranking priests. Following the death of his mother, and his father in the Civil war of the Isles. His hatred toward the self-destructive nature of humans leads him to conclude that the Blue Star would thrive without these "Parasites"

Sieg: Not much is known on him, but his thirst for adventure echoes the memories of a time far off in the past, his ancestry eventually leading down to the "Founders of the World"

Ana: As a little child, her beliefs in the Old Althenian religion leads to her hatred toward the Velminar church, especially after witnessing numerous burnings of other followers of Althena, and being condemned as "heathens" and "stains in the beautiful fabric of Velminar."
Ana and the rest of Althena's Followers were driven off into the Blood Moon Territory, a vast wasteland that was left after the first "Eternal Twilight"
But their beliefs in the Goddess' love and their knowledge of Magic and Plants turned a patch of the wasteland into a beautiful Oasis teeming with beauty and life. Ana and her people to not take kindly to strangers, so they are best avoided.

Mila: Disciple of the Velminar Church. After witnessing the heinous crimes the Church committed daily, she quickly left, calling them sadistic money-driven pigs. Although she has
still kept most of her teachings, she wishes to never be considered a Velminar Disciple.

More characters may/will be added as the story progresses (in my mind) Also... if anyone would like to join in helping me with this... please... your help will be greatly appreciated, I need some talented artists for the character sketches, and... possibly voice actors too!
just ask. The Lunar Series WILL continue as far as I'm concerned.

Edit: @ Sadrin. I was Using RMVX, and from my experience, it was horrid! so I decided to go back to RMXP and it has alot more possibilities as far as I'm concerned than RMVX
as for my story... And the story takes place 2000 years AFTER Lunar was destroyed, this would set the ominous question to: what made Lunar uninhabitable? Hiro dies, Followed by Lucia (from a broken heart)
And seeing an opportunity in this chaos the Velminar Church is soon established to bring "peace" to their world. The Velminar Church was founded by the descendants of the Vile tribe,
but they don't want to destroy the world, since everything seems more easier with being worshipped on hands and feet, so they just become the new law of the land. And trying to save Lunar will be left to the sequel I may try making after this project, because... well... you'll see... Just trust me on this! :)
Also, it's impossibly hard to find custom graphics without money being involved :|
I'd love some... but its hard!