My audition

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Pisces
Threadkiller
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

My audition

Post by Pisces »

Woo! I got cast in something. "The Sea Gull" by Anton Chekhov. It's a 19th century Russian play.

My audition was Tuesday, they called me back yesterday. I'm excited, it's a very good play. And they gave me a fun part. I get to play this schoolmaster who marries this woman who can't stand him because all he ever does is complain about his poor teacher's salary and how she doesn't love him, etc, etc. He actually has a lot of rather amusing lines, while she sits there and rolls her eyes at him.

Anyway, I'm also excited because I've never done a show at this particular theatre in Omaha, and this one generally has very good productions, from what I've seen there.

My character's name is Medvedenko, but his informal name (the one everyone calls him) is Semyon Semyonovich. (Crazy Russian names...)
"Let man's petty nations tear themselves apart; my land's only borders lie around my heart."

-Tim Rice, from the song "Anthem" in the musical Chess

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Awesome man! Good luck! When is the actual play?
-G1

Pisces
Threadkiller

Post by Pisces »

It's actually not until this coming Spring. They're casting way ahead of time, mostly, I think, b/c they want people to learn their lines and become familiar with the roles long before we start actual rehearsals.
"Let man's petty nations tear themselves apart; my land's only borders lie around my heart."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Woooo!

Way to go! I searched for a copy of the play just now, but only have time to skim some of the lines of your character. In the first couple of minutes alone, he brings up his financial status several times. XD I hope you do well.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Pisces wrote:It's actually not until this coming Spring. They're casting way ahead of time, mostly, I think, b/c they want people to learn their lines and become familiar with the roles long before we start actual rehearsals.

In Soviet Russia, the lines learn you.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

You got cast in a Chekhov play?

Sweet! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Coley Lou
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Coley Lou »

LMAO Jenner.

And Eric that sounds like you and I. Is it Bridgit St. Bridgit?

Pisces
Threadkiller

Post by Pisces »

Yeah, it's at Brigit St. Brigit. The director seemed really cool, and they actually had some really talented people audition.

And what sounds like you and I? The talking about financial troubles?

Coley Lou
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Coley Lou »

You talking and me rolling my eyes. ;P

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Awl I wish I could come see your plays. :( I'm so glad you got a part though, congradulations!~!!!
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...