Liquid Dreams

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Rego
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Liquid Dreams

Post by Rego »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Time: 5 Hours
Programs: PS7 & PSP9
Images: Five different seas, a ship, 4 different skies, and the beautiful Elektra.
Brushes: Stars, Moon, and StarVines, very little hair brushes, round (size variations)

Most of the time required me to repaint the girl, then the sea, then the sky.

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

That would make a lovely Hallmark card for mother's day. Nice job Kath <3
---
LunarNET Discord: https://discord.gg/yzXgsSa

Rego
Student of Vane

Post by Rego »

Thanks James ^^, I appriciate the comment.

Genocide
Pao Hunter

Post by Genocide »

Is that hentai?! :evil::evil:

Rego
Student of Vane

Post by Rego »

No. oo' she is covered up Oo'. I wouldn't have posted it if I thought it was.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

It's tasteful, don't worry.

We do censor inappropriate material. We've only had to do that once, in which case it was a very obvious choice. This is fine. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I don't see how it's hentai. As a matter of fact, the women, she looks deformed. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful picture, I just can't seem to make out the features and stuff (it looks like to people holding each other to me)

Edit: HAHA! I think I figured it out, she is facing us, her head is hanging over her knees which are touching her chest, right? That line in the middle threw me off if that's the case. If not, well, it's still throwing me off then.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I never commented on it... I really do like it myself. The title is interesting with the double meaning... (Liquid Dreams, or more accurate 'wet dreams'--original title is Sueños Liquidos--is also the title of one of my favourite albums by Maná). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Hehe... they're making love... hehe... dirty~!

:shock:
:P
:roll:

Rego
Student of Vane

Post by Rego »

It's only one person and it's hard to make out her face because this is a small version. Photobucket won't except the larger version whcih is easier to tell in.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

....Oh. My. God. That O-Town song!!! IT'S IN MY HEAD!!! IT'S WON'T GO AWAY!!! AHHHH!!

But, besides that, I think this is a really nice work of art. I am a sucker for fairy art and I would classify this and that. It has such a soft and beautiful feel to it.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Wooo! I'm not a complete moron then! *dances* Never thought of the title meaning wet dreams... I always thought it had more to do with the body of water behind her :P

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Another very beautiful piece. Hey, Photoshop CS 2's coming out soon, and there's supposed to be new tools to play with! :D Have you heard anthing about it?

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

localflick wrote:Another very beautiful piece. Hey, Photoshop CS 2's coming out soon, and there's supposed to be new tools to play with! :D Have you heard anthing about it?

Photoshop is the devil of all devils. :|

Don't let the robots take over!

Rego
Student of Vane

Post by Rego »

Cs2 is already out in my state oO'....

I have always found PS7 to be the equivelent of CS2, the onyl reason CS and CS2 are out is because PSP came out with PSP9 that is a bit better than photoshop.

CS and CS2 are priced too high for what they are actually worth.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Rego wrote:CS and CS2 are priced too high for what they are actually worth.

There's essentially nothing different from like Photoshop 7 to CS. I had 7 on my Dell and CS on my Mac and CS is just really made to look "more sleek" and they changed some of the tools around that's all. Then again, I could be missing something AMAZING about CS just because I didn't take the time to find anything else about it beyond how to turn it into a digital darkroom.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Probably some of that high price is to recoup losses due to piracy. :P

I don't know that it's fair to say that they're priced too high unless you know the full scope of what the programs do. One hell of a lot of programming went into Photoshop.

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

They're too high priced to a lot of people, but companies freely purchase tons of licenses at those high prices. I wish Adobe products were cheaper myself, but the fact is they built the better mousetrap, so it's expected that they will cost the most.

Also, AFAIK, Photoshop CS is Photoshop 7. Adobe restructured their products to help push the idea of getting a suite to cover all of your digital imaging needs. As much as it seems like Photoshop can do anything, there are things that programs like Illustrator or InDesign could do much better. And it looks like this naming convention will continue with Photoshop CS2, which would be the equivalent of Photoshop 8. This is basically the same as Macromedia using MX. So Cold Fusion 6 is called Cold Fusion MX, but for the newest version they call it Cold Fusion MX 7. I think their goal is to confuse companies into purchasing ;)
-Rich-

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

What exactly are the advantages of Illustrator and InDesign over Photoshop anyways? I'll admit, I've barely touched either of them, and generally stick to Photoshop because it's what I have. I know I can get fairly good deals on them, in terms of educational-copies through my school (hell, I got Visual Studio and Windows XP for like 12 combined with shipping through their Microsoft programs), but I'd like to know what they can do. Especially Illustrator. I've seen it on a lot of jobs I've applied for, and it's made me think I should at least get the basics down. InDesign, if I'm not mistaken is an Adobe version of Quark Xpress right?
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Illustrator uses vector graphics. No scaling problems. If you have a line design and you zoom in, no pixellation. It drives me nuts when, after being used to Illustrator, I have to use Photoshop to edit something and I'm stuck with its pixellation and can't smoothly resize things.

I only use the two in the most basic sense, and can't really discuss what is and is not possible in each, but that's the biggie. One small thing that comes to mind is that it seems that in Photoshop you color points, while in Illustrator you color shapes -- you're manipulating a mathematical object, not using a brush. Drawing lines and curves in Illustrator is also a lot of frustrating fun. Photoshop seems designed to work with existing pictures and adjust them; Illustrator may be easier to create some stuff from scratch...but as I said, I don't use too many features of either. My choice is always Illustrator whenever possible, though.

I have InDesign too but have never even opened it. I probably should sometime.