Poker Face

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Poker Face

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Poker Face.png
Poker Face.png (851.87 KiB) Viewed 8124 times
Xenobia pwning you in cards, 'cause why not. Made with iPad Procreate. Pixiv link for any who wish to support me by faving there: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/97637039

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Poker Face

Post by Alunissage »

That's interestingly different. Nice touch with the card backs. A little odd giving her Lucia's pendant rather than the simpler one she's wearing in the artwork. I, uh, do recommend you work a bit on the breast lines. It looks like you were using the SSH portraits for your reference and they're a little weird in that regard too.

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Alunissage wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:07 pm That's interestingly different. Nice touch with the card backs. A little odd giving her Lucia's pendant rather than the simpler one she's wearing in the artwork. I, uh, do recommend you work a bit on the breast lines. It looks like you were using the SSH portraits for your reference and they're a little weird in that regard too.
Thank you. In the Lunar I+II artbook the pendant looks different than later versions (Black and gold not only gold, as in the Newtype book, or the SSH portraits), more like Lucia's pendant, eg https://www.lunar-net.com/artbooks/artb ... oa-063.jpg. I guess it's still slightly different than Lucia's, but they're similar enough to me. Yeah, I did use the SSH portraits aside from the pendant. They were one of the things I liked best about SSH, that and the music.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

SSH also had really nice city/dungeon graphics, with neat details like different towns having different interior decor. Really a shame the sprites were kind of oversized for the backgrounds.

An interesting point about the I+II artbook drawing. I did glance at it before posting but for some reason only at a very low-res version which, dear me, has a 2004 date on it so I probably grabbed it from a website (here??) which couldn't post really huge pics, or else I couldn't download them then. I really need to update my character art folders with more recent scans and images.

Xenobia was designed long before Lucia, of course. I wonder if in SSS and onward her pendant was simplified so as to not look so much like Lucia's.

The card thing is reminding me that I need to get screenshots of Brett's cards in TSS.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I'll second that the cards are a nice touch. Also, I hadn't noticed the hairband before, and I think it's rockin' in this picture.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

S.ninja
Red Dragon Priest

Post by S.ninja »

it's nice! good job!

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Alunissage wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:19 pm Xenobia was designed long before Lucia, of course. I wonder if in SSS and onward her pendant was simplified so as to not look so much like Lucia's.
I've wondered about this as well.
Sonic# wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:29 pm I'll second that the cards are a nice touch. Also, I hadn't noticed the hairband before, and I think it's rockin' in this picture.
Thanks! I love fancy hairbands/headgear (and maybe Kubooka does too, since he created her in the first place.)
S.ninja wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:19 am it's nice! good job!
Thank you!