Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children fanart

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children fanart

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Hey guys, I just drew up a bit o' fanart for Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, it's a portrait of Cloud. I hope you guys like it. ^_^

Oh and Kiyzr, sorry about forgetting to send you your sketch you commisioned me to do at Otakon, I'm sending it tomorrow! ^_^
-Nobi

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Umm...the technique is nice, but...where's his shoulders? Or does the story involve his head on a pole?

I really like how the shadows on the skin are done, and the detail of the hair. I'm not quite sure they go together, though, since the skin's shading is so much softer and less defined, as if it's in a softer light than his head. Lastly, the face is a bit odd, with the right eye looking toward the viewer while the left eye (and the rest of the face) looks away. Actually, I'm not sure where the left eye is supposed to be looking. The mouth is well-shaped but not dark enough to be very visible with the shading around it, and it doesn't quite match the curve of the right side of the face.

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

Very good with the hair! I'm terrible drawing hair. I don't know what reference you got it from, but the right side of his face (our left) looks a bit flat to me. I'm kind of wondering about the head-on-a-pole thing, myself.

But it's good. Especially the hair. I envy it. :D

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Color version

Thanks for the comments guys! ^_^
-Nobi

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Nice coloring.

...Though I have to wonder. His eyes don't really seem to glow with MAKO like they should...
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:Oh and Kiyzr, sorry about forgetting to send you your sketch you commisioned me to do at Otakon, I'm sending it tomorrow! ^_^

Oh no problem. I'll let you know soon as it arrives. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Angelalex242 wrote:...Though I have to wonder. His eyes don't really seem to glow with MAKO like they should...

Hey, don't spoil things for me, I haven't finished the game...

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Alunissage wrote:
Angelalex242 wrote:...Though I have to wonder. His eyes don't really seem to glow with MAKO like they should...

Hey, don't spoil things for me, I haven't finished the game...

That's not really a spoiler. I'm pretty sure it says that his eyes glow with MAKO energy within the first 5 minutes of the game.

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

I bet they're still not as creepy as Hester Prynne's...

Her eyes are always like that, too. *shudder*

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Eh, I'm mainly joking. It's been so long I don't remember much at all of the few hours I played, and I'm pretty sure the first five minutes involved mainly cursing at the idiot designers who threw a player into a time-based battle as practically the first thing after gaining control.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Heh heh.

Yeah, Mako's not a spoiler.

First time ya see Aerith, she points it out.

"Your eyes glow just like Zack's." Etc.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

It's been about seven years since I last played, so I don't really have a clue about "Zack", "Mako", "Aeris"...XD

No one liked my Hester Prynne joke? XD

Hiro-67
Student of Vane

Post by Hiro-67 »

wow, i like the color version a lot

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

Wow, that really is a nice piece of artwork! I like the uncolored version more, dunno why....