Lunar: Eternal Sapphire [Some New News]

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Imminent Episode 4 Release! XD

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Waaaahhh!!! xD I just completed the last cutscene for the 4th episode so I'm really excited to announce that it will be completed this weekend; possibly tomorrow! xD Darnit though that I'm going out of town so you all may get to see it before me ;D haha

Well, I just wanted to announce the news, I'm really psyched! I hope you all are too ^_~b I can't wait to hear what you all think as well!

Take care all!

EDIT: Oooh! I made the 100th post, I feel so special ;p

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

*0*~!!! AWESOME!

Way to go Jean! :wink: You're amazing!! I can't wait to see it, I'm so excited! ^0^
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

TheRadicalAusa
Red Dragon Priest

Post by TheRadicalAusa »

Jany, you finish so quick *_*!! Now me and Shannon can do our voiceovers!!! MUHAHAH-HAHA *coughackweeze*
Congratz on finishing!! I'm sure it'll be awesome as usually.

Nina
Lann Fisherman

Post by Nina »

Whoa! This weekend? Really? That's awesome! :D I absolutely love the last three episodes, I'm sure this next one will be just as good, if not better! xD Nice job, you guys!!

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Thanks everyone! :D Good news! Good news! Lunar: The Eternal Sapphire Episode IV has been posted on my DA account. http://zopharxiii.deviantart.com/

AbsoluteAlex
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AbsoluteAlex »

Zophar, I finally checked out your LES episodes. Let me just say that its nice to see people creating new stories of the Lunar world. Youre work looks very talented, you should be proud and keep up the good work.
I wasn't born to fit in, I was born to stand out

Diz
Reza Thief

Post by Diz »

I likes this erpisode but not as much as the first three. I dont know why its good but something i unno. Keep the voice acting up =D

TheRadicalAusa
Red Dragon Priest

Post by TheRadicalAusa »

Awesome job!! Some of the voices start fading, but thats about the only critism I have. Jeany, you really did a good job on Maria, that's exactly how I thought she'd sound!!

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

WOW! These just keep getting better and better! :D I love it! Congrats on all the great work once again guys! I'm so excited for the next one, and I can't wait to be apart of this! :D <333
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Nina
Lann Fisherman

Post by Nina »

Wow! It's already out! It was awesome!

The voices were alright, but sometimes you can really tell it's a person speaking into a microphone rather than just a person actually there speaking, eh, I don't know how to explain it, but, yeah. :oops: Out of all the voices, I'd say Maria's was the best, though.

I think sometimes the dialouge was a bit repetitive, too, like:

Maria: What? Don't you know that the forest is overrun by goblins?

Astaroth: I am well aware that the forest is overrun by goblins.

and:

Maria: Anyways, do you mind if he comes with us?

Jack: No, I do not mind if he comes with us.

But overall, it was, of course, an AWESOME episode!! REALLY great work, you guys.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

I just watched it, great job putting everything together Zophar! :D It was a little hard to hear the voices sometimes, and there were some mic issues; unfortunately that can't really be helped since we're workin' with the bottom of the barrel audio stuff... I used sound recorder for my lines :p haha - I thought the voice acting was pretty good over all I was surprised to hear my voice since I didn't know it was gonna be used in this episode ^^; I'm glad you guys liked it :D My fiance does Alek's voice xD

What happened to the portraits though? The characters had white blocks all around them... or is it just somehow showing up like that on my computer? The battles were pretty cool though... I think other than the portraits is that it seemed a little too short, like it was just getting going when it ended. But it ended on a nice cliffhanger though :D

Btw, I have some sketches of Lamia to show to ya Zophar :D I worked on them on my flight back from New Jersey today. Also, wow to all the peoples' comments at DA! :D It's awesome we're getting feedback so quickly!

I'd like to thank everyone who joined us in our project as well, thank you so much! I hafta run now, take care everyone :D

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Thank you everyone! :D I thought I already told you about that, Danni. I said that I would put a white background on all the portraits. They didn't look too good with all the grey dots all over them. (And it's impossible to remove the dots.)

Battles at this point aren't the main focus of the story. But later on there will be longer battles. The majoriy of Episode VI will take place on a battlefield.

Yup, now that episode IV is finished it's time to put everything together for Episode V. I've got a few new backgrounds finished during yesterday and today.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Zophar wrote:Thank you everyone! :D I thought I already told you about that, Danni. I said that I would put a white background on all the portraits. They didn't look too good with all the grey dots all over them. (And it's impossible to remove the dots.)

Hrmm... me and my dumb memory I suppose ^^; I'm sorry! I dunno, I think that the dots while annoying, look better than the white blocks. There's gotta be a way somehow we can get rid of them... I'll see if I can't post on some flash msg boards or find something online to help us out. Until then though, I think it may be best to take out the white background.

Yup, now that episode IV is finished it's time to put everything together for Episode V. I've got a few new backgrounds finished during yesterday and today.

I'm almost done with the wedding stuff I told you about so email me tonight if you can! :D I'm really eager to get started on Episode 5! xD

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

PrettyGirlJean wrote:
Zophar wrote:Thank you everyone! :D I thought I already told you about that, Danni. I said that I would put a white background on all the portraits. They didn't look too good with all the grey dots all over them. (And it's impossible to remove the dots.)

Hrmm... me and my dumb memory I suppose ^^; I'm sorry! I dunno, I think that the dots while annoying, look better than the white blocks. There's gotta be a way somehow we can get rid of them... I'll see if I can't post on some flash msg boards or find something online to help us out. Until then though, I think it may be best to take out the white background.

I'm almost done with the wedding stuff I told you about so email me tonight if you can! :D I'm really eager to get started on Episode 5! xD

Alright, I'll take care of that tonight and remove the white backgrounds. I sent you an e-mail several minutes ago containing info about artwork for the next few episodes.

Kazie Solo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Kazie Solo »

I can't wait to watch it! :D

Darn school. >.>

Oh, and if you need help with the voice acting, I can help. *grins*
<font color=pink>Beware of Phyco the Bunny Master, Lunartic the metal-rolling-pin-wielding Diva Sweetheart, and Kazie the White Bunny. We are going to take over... er, save the world!

...yes, we're accepting friends. ^_^</font>

Diz
Reza Thief

Post by Diz »

Kazie Solo wrote:
Oh, and if you need help with the voice acting, I can help. *grins*
This good how everyone wants to help and eep up the good work =D hope ep 5 is better

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

I just saw Episode IV, and I did like it. For the first episode to have voices, it was rather decent. My real complaint was that the heroes were too insanely naive to let Astaroth join them without questioning his motives. His whole appearance reeked of evil, and yet they accepted his help without a second thought. One would think either Jack or Maria would be a little bit suspicious, especially since he practices black magic. If the heroes are this dumb in the future, it's gonna cost them dearly. Unless the heroes are supposed to be that naive, I can understand. I can foresee Astarith having fun toying with the heroes before he squashes them.

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

I finally got around to seeing it (somehow the board forgot to send notifications to me when it was updated, and I was so busy with personal stuff that I didn't have a chance to check in here), and I was very, very impressed! The cut scenes were gorgeous, and a lot of the voice acting was excellent (especially that guy who played Lieutenant Thomas, j/k hehe).

About the only suggestion I could have in the future might be to try to adjust the levels, etc., of the voice recordings so they match. We all have different setups, different mics, different software, and so on, so some manual checking and balancing of the levels would help even things out a bit.
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

dnk
Meryod Yokel

Post by dnk »

Hey. I was looking forward to watching this.. series? movie?

But anyway, whenever I click any of the videos from http://www.putfile.com/zophar/, or go to any of the episodes from a direct link from one of these posts, then I get the following message where the movie should be:

Could Not Find Media, Removed?

Incorrectly typing the URL will show this message, if the URL has worked before then....

This file has been removed either due to a violation of our TOS or due to inactivity.

If the file was removed due to inactivity you are welcome to reupload it. Make sure to keep your contact details up to date and we will email you before any content due to inactivity.

And I get the feeling it was not from inactivity, given that the trailer is still accessible and it actually may have violated their TOS (possible copyright infringement?). I don't know how it would have gotten tattled on, given that it's a relatively small (although I'm sure, awesome) fan-based, non-profit series.

But anyway, just felt I should tell you guys that this is what's going on. Cause I still need to see these things. The only thing I can think of is to maybe try to put it on YouTube or Google Video, and make sure no snitches see it? :D

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

I do believe Zophar made mention of taking down the putfile links/files. I just went to Deviantart and it looks like the movies are working just fine there. Is anyone else having problems viewing them?